PDA

View Full Version : I Passed!!!!!!!!!!

gruntsdotnet
10-21-02, 09:37 PM
I just got the results from the Illinois Basic Skills Test, the first major examination for Teacher Certification in Illinois. Out of a possible score of 300 I scored a 283!

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

:banana:

That is all.

Semper Fi,

John

Seeley
10-21-02, 09:46 PM
Congratulatoins :) :thumbup: :banana:

thedrifter
10-21-02, 09:48 PM
Gruntsdotnet, CONGRATS !!!!!!!! Glad to see you do so well on that test........... Does it mean that we are going to have a teacher in here.........:D Hope you are not going to be an english teacher...........HE HE HE HE

Sempers,

Roger

wrbones
10-21-02, 10:11 PM
Well done Marine!

Shaffer
10-21-02, 11:56 PM
Congrats on your exam and good luck on becoming a teacher. Teachers are very special people and probably have the most difficult job in the world. Yet is is probably one of the most rewarding jobs. I used to teach elementary school in Northern VA. I remember how I excited and happy I was when I passed my certification. Congrats bro! You deserve it!

:marine:
Semper Fi,
Jerry

gruntsdotnet
10-22-02, 07:59 AM
Actually, I'm a history major and I plan on having endorsements on my certificate in political science and geography.

Sparrowhawk
10-22-02, 08:25 AM
gruntsdotnet

I have a daughter doing her student teacher work right now, she's qualified to teach in California, and all this week she is substituting for another teacher. She, like you I'm sure, has worked hard for that certificate. Proud of you.

She's going to be working with special ed, kids, she has a heart of gold and loved helping the disadvantage.

One of my other daughters is working on her PHD in psychology, maybe she'll give me a discount when I need her services.

Two more in college, one working on interior decorating, I think, her major changes every so often. The other working to be an english major, wants to edit books for pulication.

The other is still in High School and has no plans for college.

Oh, well, I'll boot her out to work if she doesn't go to a university somewhere. LOL

Keep us informed,

Sempers

Cook

CAS3
10-22-02, 08:41 AM
Best Wishes for the future.

Hope you don't get burned out as easily as some of us who have gone before you!

CONGRATULATIONS on becoming certified.:banana:

Norton1
10-22-02, 08:43 AM
Well done Brother!!!!

My Sister teaches 8th grade English - I would not have her job for anything. So Kudos to you for your choice!!

Kegler300
10-22-02, 09:29 AM
Way to go - congratulations!!:yes:

mrbsox
10-22-02, 10:25 AM
It's a different breed AGAIN, to be a Teacher. A whole new world opens up for you, when you can work with someone, and SEE the 'lightbulb' in there eyes come on, when they "GET IT".

Had to be certified by IL, to be a Vocational (post secondary) here in TN.

Congrats. Some of the most rewarding years of my life, was spent in Vocational Education. Still doing Technical Education, but in the private sector.... it PAY$ better.

Terry