PDA

View Full Version : What is beyond?

yellowwing
04-01-05, 10:27 PM
Terry Schiavo lasted more than 8-9 days. John Paul II has been barely with us for going on a week now.

Tenacity to stay alive. In some NATO hospitals we have service members who are quadraplegic or 75%+ burned. And they still endure. Never quit, never give up!

Two philosophical questions, 1) Is is really worth it to keep fighting; 2) Is what is beyond really a better alternative?

Conventional spirituality comforts us with a better afterlife. So why resist that final exit, when we are beyond human repair? That's where both questions collide.

I personally strongly believe on a better afterlife. I have no solid evidence or documentation to back this up. This faith is along the lines of believing we elect who we are supposed to elect, either by Electoral College or Cardinal College.

Also, I think that is also the dangerous part. The will of Man approaches the Will of God.

We have free will. And by God, America is the best vessel to express free will than any other nation on earth thus far.

As a Native American, hell yeah we have made mistakes. But the overall singularity of purpose has not changed.

God Bless America, And God Bless These United States!

HardJedi
04-02-05, 10:03 AM
Well, yellowing, you bring up some good points my friend.

as for the afterlife, I do THINK there is one. DO i BELIEVE there is one? I don't know. There is no proof for it, and there is no proof agaisnt it. Pretty soon now, I will know one way or the other, so i don't fret about it much ,myself.

As far as you question about whether or not it is worth it to keep fighting? To me, if Ihave a reasonable chance of a full and normal recovery, and a probability of a good QUALITY of life, then yes, it is worth it to keep fighting. After all, life is pretty much the best thing I have going for me right now ;)

you mentioned the will of man approaching the will of god as being dangerous. Well, I don't see it that way. Yes, men have assumed many of the roles of god. But since to me he doesn't seem to be paying much attention since the end of the old testament ( if you are a christian) then SOMEONE has to take up the slack.
Gonna steal a line from one of my favorite movies, modified a bit to fit me.

" after 32 years of religious study, I have coome up with only two facts. There is a God. And I am not him."