PDA

View Full Version : A Big Problem or a Big Lie?

thedrifter
04-01-05, 04:57 AM
A Big Problem or a Big Lie? <br />
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- <br />
DefenseWatch &quot;The Voice of the Grunt&quot; <br />
03-31-2005 <br />
By Ed Offley <br />
<br />
He's coming back...

kentmitchell
04-01-05, 10:35 AM
Shrinks are clawing for their 15 minutes of face time and the newsies are tripping over each other trying to find a new angle.
In other words, it's a perfect fit but for one thing--some facts and truth are falling through the cracks.
As editors often say, "Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story."
The national media, in general, comes from schools with faculties that are pretty far left. It's not that they're anti-war or anti-troops.
They're anti anything that smacks of traditional values, honor, courage, integrity. . . get it?
I'm pretty close to this subject. I was a newspaper writer for 38 years. Had a couple of run-ins with this kind of thing along the way and I paid for it by a very traditional means--shunning, gossip, name-calling (I was Attilla).
Last laugh is mine.

yellowwing
04-01-05, 01:12 PM
Attilla, that's not too bad of a nickname for a warrior at all! ;)

MillRatUSMC
04-01-05, 02:13 PM
I fail to get the meaning of the article, is it a big lie.
To say that character is changed by being in combat?
So we fail to see that, might lead to us short-changing the veterans returning.
I say let's be prepared to treat those returning from either Afghanistan or Iraq.
We have the means and the experience from treating my generation in Vietnam.
The "big Lie" might be that returning veterans are " ticking time bombs" and "sinister, disturbing, frightening" men who posed a danger to society and to themselves.
Not all will come back seeking aid, but if they need aid, it should be there.
IMHO

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo