PDA

View Full Version : Terri Schiavo Dead at 41

thedrifter
03-31-05, 08:59 AM
Terri Schiavo Dead at 41

(CNSNews.com) - After 14 days without food or water, Terri Schiavo died around 9:55 Thursday morning - hours after her parents issued an emotional plea to be at her hospice bedside in her final moments of life. Terri's husband and legal guardian, Michael Schiavo, denied the Schindler family's final request. "Bobby, Suzanne, Mary and Bob are in there now at Teri's bedside. They were denied access at the moment of her death," said a family spokesman. It was one of many requests denied the family in a two-week flurry of legal motions, all aimed at keeping Terri alive. The case has galvanized national debate about end-of-life issues and constitutional issues involving the legislative and judicial branches. The Schindler family will make a statement later today, Brother Paul O'Donnell told a somber crowd gathered outside the hospice.

Ellie

She is in a better place

Rest In Peace

mrbsox
03-31-05, 09:35 AM
While my heart mourns with her parents at their loss, I also mourn over how this whole thing had been turned into a media 'FEEDING FRENZY'.

Just another case of how the legal system gets used for 'Personal Satisfaction'.

'... for this reason shall a man and woman leave their parents, and cleave together as one...' (paraphrased)

They were married, Michael was her husband, and the final decision should have been his, and his alone.

But, that's just my opinion.

jgorosco
03-31-05, 09:47 AM
How can you sit there and say it is the Husbands choice when he gave up his husband rights along time ago, by 2 kids and a common-law wife. It was all about the money. And to refuse to have the parents with their daughter at the end of her life his down right cruel and vengeful. Wake up! Marine! It is not about wether you want to live like that or I want to live like that, its about starving someone to death that is handicap.

Sgted
03-31-05, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by jgorosco
How can you sit there and say it is the Husbands choice when he gave up his husband rights along time ago, by 2 kids and a common-law wife. It was all about the money. And to refuse to have the parents with their daughter at the end of her life his down right cruel and vengeful. Wake up! Marine! It is not about wether you want to live like that or I want to live like that, its about starving someone to death that is handicap.

He did not give up his "husband rights" 15 years ago. He stayed married to Terri and lovingly tended to her well being for all these years. Many have attested to his selfless care of Terri since 1990. He was not legally seperated or divorced from Terri. His new life with his common-law partner and 2 children is the least we can expect a loving human being to persue. His common-law partner accepted his 15 year dedication to Terri.

jgorosco
03-31-05, 10:26 AM
How can you sit there and say he was selflessly dedicated for 15yrs. When after 7yrs, once he received the money that he was suing over malpractice, he all of a sudden remembered a comment she made 10yrs ago. Give me a break. If he loved her so much why didn't order test done when he accused hospice people of giving her the broken bones and not him. You need to know the whole story and not bits and pieces, SGT!!

Sgted
03-31-05, 10:33 AM
Over these past weeks I have heard a few medical "experts" claim that, with certain proceedures or therapies Terri could lead a fairly normal life. One claimed this saying she would just experience some "arm weakness".
I ask you. Why in the 11th hour are some making these claims ?. 15 years and you'd think Terri just lay there without Michael or Terri's family exausting these avenues.
Additionally, I have witnessed the media & it's puppets giving information that gives little emphasis on the first 5 years or so after Terri's cardiac arrest. Of the efforts made to get Terri back to normal during that time period. You'd think that her husband threw his arms up in defeat after a day or so.

jgorosco
03-31-05, 10:40 AM
I understand Michael might have loved his wife or showed he loved his wife when she first became brain dead, he became an RN he was there for her all the way up to the time he received his loot. Now I ask you does that seem a little odd to any one. And yes I agree with you on the media. But think about this, you have a child, GOD FORBID, she is in Terri's predicament and you wont her to live because you see life in her eyes but the husband wants her to die, wouldn't you exhaust every effort necessary to save your child's life. ie. getting doctors to come forward. Try to think about it that way. Believe me please! I am not trying to wish these on you one bit.

Sgted
03-31-05, 10:41 AM
How can you sit there and say he was selflessly dedicated for 15yrs. When after 7yrs, once he received the money that he was suing over malpractice, he all of a sudden remembered a comment she made 10yrs ago. Give me a break. If he loved her so much why didn't order test done when he accused hospice people of giving her the broken bones and not him. You need to know the whole story and not bits and pieces, SGT!!

I can "sit here" just as easily as you and say.....

There are so many "truths" in this case.
You have chosen yours and I have chosen mine.
Unless you and I (and the rest of the country) were there and witnessed the facts first hand we are ALL subject to inaccuracies.

jgorosco
03-31-05, 10:45 AM
So what you are saying if you weren't there it didn't happen, or some it may or may not be true. So what the facts of Michaels actions and Terri's parents are all false or inaccurate accounts.

Sgt Sostand
03-31-05, 11:20 AM
The Guy Should have gave her up to her Mother and Father

jgorosco
03-31-05, 11:32 AM
I agree Sostand. They were willing to let him have the money.

mrbsox
03-31-05, 12:11 PM
jgorosco;

I was NOT addressing the MORAL issue or implications of the situation. I was addressing the LEGAL issue, and the media circus that ensued.

They WERE still married. That makes it HIS decision. Not mine, yours, or the courts.

As far as any wrong doing (if any)... where was the media, and lawsuits, and petitions (etc...) THEN ??
I don't know all the facts, I don't think ANYBODY in this forum knows ALL the facts.

I was stating my opinion, as are others in this thread.

How about RESPECTING others opinions, instead of simply trying to shove your version of the truth down their throats ??

jgorosco
03-31-05, 12:21 PM
I wasnt trying to shove anything down anybody's throat. I was telling you my opion along with actual facts. You can even view the court transcript back 7-9yrs ago when all this happened. The media was there the whole time ever since Michael Schiavo decided to kill her. There was 20/20, Dateline, 60 minutes, and numerous other media, but its not about the media right because I dont agree with alot of their bias reporting. Like I said before know what you are talking about before you say let her die because I wouldn't want to live like that. And have you seen actual real live people dieing from starvation. I have and it is not a pretty sight. I wouldn't want to die like that.

jgorosco
03-31-05, 12:23 PM
Also how can you say they were still married. What do you think would happen if you had 2 kids and a common law wife, and your seperated wife was in a wreck on the way to a court house for seperation and went into a common. Would you still have a right to take her off the machines?

DSchmitke
03-31-05, 12:26 PM
May she now Rest In Peace........

mrbsox
03-31-05, 12:46 PM
Also how can you say they were still married.

That question can be answered real simple, black and white:

WERE THEY STILL MARRIED ??
As in legally, in the eyes of the court.

Yes or No !!

marinemom
03-31-05, 12:51 PM

1. It is public knowledge - and was discussed on several talk shows - that all the monies received from the malpractice suit were directed by the Florida Courts to be used for the care and maintenance of Terry Schiavo. Check it out before you make statements that are not based on fact.

2. The broken bones were later proved to be caused by workers at the hospice - please check your facts AGAIN.

3. There are more than 500 persons in the US today who are being kept alive by machinery because of their condition of "persistent vegitative state" - where was Congress for them, DENYING THE RIGHTS of the patient and their legal guardian.

4. When the autopsy shows the massive brain damage and loss of mass, what will happen then? Will you again talk about "the whole story" - or like the rest of those who will be proved worng - fade away into the shadows.

Sgted
03-31-05, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by marinemom

1. It is public knowledge - and was discussed on several talk shows - that all the monies received from the malpractice suit were directed by the Florida Courts to be used for the care and maintenance of Terry Schiavo. Check it out before you make statements that are not based on fact.

2. The broken bones were later proved to be caused by workers at the hospice - please check your facts AGAIN.

3. There are more than 500 persons in the US today who are being kept alive by machinery because of their condition of "persistent vegitative state" - where was Congress for them, DENYING THE RIGHTS of the patient and their legal guardian.

4. When the autopsy shows the massive brain damage and loss of mass, what will happen then? Will you again talk about "the whole story" - or like the rest of those who will be proved worng - fade away into the shadows.

Thank you Marinemom.
1 - I saw a report today with Michael Schivo's brother about this money. He kept his mouth shut for the duration choosing a bit of class (like Michael) instead of the media spotlight to ram his words down our throats. Michael recieved no money.

2 - The Congress (and other politicians) were way out of line in this matter. I watched today as they observed a moment of silence for Terri. When, I ask you, did they last do that with such visibility concerning a lost Brother or Sister in war ?.

Tribes of people both in & out of the government used this sad case to try and advance their agenda. And we, the American people sat glued to the TV watching this circus.

Sgted
03-31-05, 01:33 PM
May I suggest you read....

How We Die
Reflections on Life's Final Chapter
By
Sherwin B. Nuland

Alfred A. Knopf, Publisher.

GySgtRet
03-31-05, 02:45 PM
AMEN DSchmitke

jgorosco
03-31-05, 03:00 PM
First off Michael did recieve money. Second there wasn't even an investigation into the broken bones because Michael did not allow it. Of course there will be brain mass lose because she was supposedly brain dead, autopsy cannot prove anything about extent of brain damage. And the 500 people Marine Mom you are talking about are kept alive with respirators and ventilators not feeding tubes, there is a difference. Its not about her being brain dead its about the fact of starving her to death. Do you know it is a 3rd felony or a State Jail felony to starve an animal intentionally. But I bet you side with PETA on that matter. How about you fade away.

jgorosco
03-31-05, 03:03 PM
That question can be answered real simple, black and white:

WERE THEY STILL MARRIED ??
As in legally, in the eyes of the court.

Yes or No !!

I guess in your eyes they where up in Nashville. So hell I guess I can give up my spousal rights and still have my soon to be exwife killed because we haven't been to court yet. IGNORANCE MUST REALLY BE BLISS, were you people come from

barryjh
03-31-05, 03:12 PM
if you think that is amazing' you should see what someone can do to you with the laws in PA and i was alive and well. also a lovvvvvved one.

eddief
03-31-05, 03:20 PM
jgorosco
So which one of the loony tunes protesters were you?

Sgted
03-31-05, 03:20 PM
You should head out right now and get ...

1 - A living will (or advanced health care directive).

2 - A durable Power Of Attorny.

In most states you can get the paperwork free. You fill it out and get it notarized.
Give copies to the people you choose to represent you (make the big decisions). Have a good talk with those you think you might choose to make sure there is agreement with them as to YOUR desires.
Put copies in your medical records in those facilities you use to get your health care.

I've had both these documents since 1996.

HardJedi
03-31-05, 04:03 PM
i'm just glad HER pain is over. now if everyone ELSE would just drop it.

HardJedi
03-31-05, 04:05 PM
IGNORANCE MUST REALLY BE BLISS, were you people come from

and hey, that kinda crud isn't really needed here, ya know?

greensideout
03-31-05, 04:21 PM
Thank you for you input jgorosco. I agree with what you say.

God bless her soul, may Terri Schiavo rest in peace.

OLE SARG
03-31-05, 04:23 PM
It is really sad that this situation had to occur (thanks mainly to our ancient court system). We have murders, rapists, perverts of all kinds, etc., on death row - they have been sentenced to death and will probably never see the gallows. Because Terry has a certain medical condition that we are ignorant of she has to die. Don't seem fair does it?????

We had a skinhead a#%hole in Southern MO murder one of Missouri's Finest (a Sergeant with the MO State Highway Patrol) and that SOB will probably live at State expense until he is an old man (maybe Bubba will find him and make him his girlfriend). To bad we can't starve his a#% to death and I'd even help.

If Terry had completed a Living Will all of this hub-bub could have been avoided.

SEMPER FI,
OLE SARG

nc.gal
03-31-05, 05:17 PM
Terri, rest in peace :cry:

jgorosco
03-31-05, 07:34 PM
I apoligize for my Crude remarks, Jedi. I do deeply apoligize. It's just that when I have almost complete access to everything that was being put out as far as things public has not heard due to my Job status, it makes me angry that people try to put other people down. I APOLIGIZE DEEPLY again and NO I wasn't a protestor. I was actually working survellience.

Catz1611
03-31-05, 07:46 PM
it was a sad ordeal and it stinks how the family turned it into such a circus..And it was abosolutely horrible how they were allowed to portray her husband as the villian when he wasn't....

I think it's sort of hyprocritical how people want to let her live in the condition she was.. when, if you'd ask them if that's how they'd want to live.. they'd say NO.

She told her husband the same thing..he carried out her wishes..the courts sided with him for a reason..not just once but over and over and over again.

It was a sad situation on both sides.. I don't think there were any winners..

thedrifter
03-31-05, 10:49 PM
Terri Schiavo is Dead: Pandora's Box Is Now Wide Open
March 31, 2005
by Christopher Flickinger

Terri Schiavo's battle for life is over, and as a result, our nation will forever be changed. Her murder, or as Michael Schiavo would say, "Her slow, painless and peaceful death" clears the way for others, who do not believe in a person's "right to life" or the notion that life is divinely inspired by God, to start killing at will.

While Terri's pain has ended, our children's suffering and pain has just begun. Our nation's youth got an earful within the last month and the messages being delivered by parents, teachers, television and Terri's husband were clear: A handicapped or disabled life is a life not fit for living. In fact, it is a wasted life. Those who do not have the ability to think, reason or possess enough cognitive ability to interact "meaningfully" with the world - like so many said of Terri - should not go on living. A life that is found not to be worthwhile needs to be extinguished. Withholding food and water from someone is not torturous, barbaric or murderous. Rather, it is merciful and gracious of those who are killing the unfortunate soul. Those whose bodies and brains are not up to par should step aside and quit being a burden on the rest of us. We are inconvenienced daily by providing food, water, time, money and companionship to these human parasites.

These are the messages our children will take away from Terri Schiavo's death. Her passing will go down in the books as another landmark event devaluing human life and setting the stage for more radical and heinous acts. In 1973, when abortion was legalized in Roe v. Wade, the religious right cringed and claimed killing a fetus only a few weeks old was murder. At the time, no one knew the court's decision in that case would blossom into what we now know as abortion. Not only do we kill a fetus just days or weeks old, but we now suck the brain out of a baby's head just weeks before its birth. The slippery slope our nation fell down ensuing Roe v. Wade will be seen again as a consequence of Terri Schiavo's death.

What can we expect? For those citizens with handicaps or disabilities, you are forewarned - someone may have his eye on you. If you're blind, deaf, mute, in a wheelchair, on crutches, use a walker or a cane, walk with a limp or have an appendage missing, you better mind your P's and Q's. One little slip-up, just one, and someone could deem your life unfit for living, take away your wheelchair, put you in a Hospice center and starve you to death. He's excuse would be, "Well, they're worthless shells of a human. Those cripples have been draining my pocketbook for years - all those ramps and elevators and special parking spots. Forget about legislation in order to fix Social Security. I'll fix it myself by lightening our load."

If you think this sounds ridiculous, you're underestimating the significance of Terri's death. I doubt even those who were for abortion in 1973 went as far as to think that one day we'd be aborting babies in the last trimester. This is where we are headed - cheapening the value of life. It started with Terri Schiavo and it ends with…well who knows?

A pregnant woman who learns her unborn child will go through life with a severe handicap now has a couple of options. She could abort the baby altogether, but that's a costly procedure in terms of both money and health! So now she can choose to birth the child, starve it to death (a cheaper option) and be innocent in a court of law. Her defense, "Who would want to go through life with a severe handicap? It was a wasted life. Not to mention, taking care of and providing for that child would have consumed me and then my life would be wasted. So really, when you think about it, all I was doing was saving a life - my own!"

As our nation embraces social Darwinism, don't be fooled into believing its kiss of death only pertains to those with physical handicaps and disabilities. It also includes the unintelligent, ignorant, idiotic, mindless, illogical, moronic scatterbrains we have to deal with everyday. Remember, one of the most widely used arguments against Terri was that she did not possess enough cognitive ability to reason, think or analyze the events unfolding around her. So, with this in mind, we no longer have to put up with those idiots we run into at work, school or behind the cash register at the mall. We can just eliminate them. Even though we might have a problem defining who's stupid and who's not since such a classification would be relative from person to person, I'm sure we'll figure it out.

A young boy in the 3rd grade can't seem to get the hang of his multiplication tables. He's been struggling all year meanwhile the other boys and girls are now learning long division. The teacher calls in the boy's parents for a conference and explains the situation. "Your son just doesn't understand multiplication. He can't grasp the concept, and I doubt he ever will. All of the other children are well beyond him. To be honest, I don't think he possess enough cognitive ability to analyze these simple mathematic equations. I'm sorry, but tomorrow I'm going to have to send him to the nurse's office where he'll be starved to death. Don't worry about a thing mom and dad. Given his inferior intellect and inability to reason, I'm sure he won't feel a thing."

Some of you probably disagree with me about the impact Terri Schiavo's death has on our nation. But, come to think about it, it's not that you disagree with me as much as it is you don't possess enough cognitive ability to understand what's occurring in the world around you. I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to kill-off all of those who can't comprehend my analysis. It's what you would want me to do if only you had enough smarts to realize it.

Listen-up world! If you think this only pertains to the United States, think again. Our country has fed you long enough. We've appointed a new secretary of agriculture. His name is George Felos, and he's a very intelligent man. In fact, he's got this new idea as to how you can all look more beautiful - starvation. Trust me when I say he knows from experience. In a testimonial, Mr. Felos revealed that during Terri's Schiavo's starvation, "In all the years I've seen Mrs. Schiavo, I've never seen such a look of peace and beauty upon her." It worked for Terri, and it will work for you.

With this new precedent of social Darwinism sweeping the nation, there's no end to the possibilities. In a way, we'll pick-up were Hitler failed. Forget about a master race. We're more interest in preserving the lives of those who can win the race. And as for everyone else, Pandora's box is now wide open.

Ellie

thedrifter
03-31-05, 10:50 PM
Terri Schiavo's Battle Over: Indifferent Depravity Wins
By Sher Zieve
Mens News Daily
March 31, 2005

The young woman who had become the subject of a US euthanasia controversy passed away Thursday. Her parents were not allowed at her bedside, at the time of her death. Terri Schiavo's estranged husband, Michael, had said that Terri would not have wanted to live in her "persistent vegetative state", just as her friends and family advised that Terri would not have chosen death by starvation and dehydration. Note: For those who still staunchly hold to their contentions that feeding and hydration tubes "maintain life artificially" (they do not), consider the fact that Terri was also denied any attempts to take ice chips, water or food orally. This was a deliberate and planned euthanasia, folks.

For any who wonder which side of the Schiavo case the ACLU weighed in on…it was the side chanting for Terri's death. This is not a surprise, as it comes from an organization that is staunchly pro-death for all except the most heinous criminals…and ACLU members.

Terri's family and friends had contradicted Michael Schiavo's controversial assertions by saying that Terri would not have consented to any remote semblance of this type of death. Neither would she consent to her own murder. Also controversial was whether or not Terri was in a true 'vegetative state'. Many doctors, other than Judge Greer's court appointed physicians, had advised that Schiavo was probably not in a vegetative state but, in a state of "limited consciousness". Still others said that Terri was responsive, alert and strongly appeared to fully comprehend what had been communicated to her. During the court hearings on the Schiavo case, those who testified in favor of Terri's life and her need for physical therapy essentially advised that Judge Greer would not consider testimony that contradicted that of Michael Schiavo. Sworn affidavits from those plaintiffs challenging Michael's statements were presented to the court. Judge Greer summarily dismissed them. Requests for a P.E.T. scan and an MRI were refused by Judge Greer. Besides, from the court's viewpoint, the case had gone on for far too long. Greer, Michael Schiavo and his euthanasia-advocate attorney Felos had, apparently, already decided that the disabled Terri Schiavo must die.

Multiple appeals of Judge Greer's decision were attempted, including the US Congressional "Terri's law" that was enacted and presented to Judge Greer. With perceptible contempt, Terri's law was then ignored by Greer and the courts. The courts have seized the scepter and are now the lawmakers and rulers of the land. The other two government branches have been successfully rendered impotent and unnecessary. As an example, a De Novo review was requested by Congress and sent to federal Judge Whittemore. However, Whittemore declined the De Novo request; choosing, instead, to consent to Greer's prior rulings. As evidenced in the Schiavo case, the Executive and Legislative branches now seem to cower in confrontations with judges. Congress is now an advisory panel to the judiciary's power position.

Florida's Adult Protective Services attempted to act upon Florida state law by taking Terri into protective custody. Judge Greer rendered that legitimate statute null and void when he ruled that it could not be acted upon. Judges trump all others. When Florida State Law Enforcement members advised the Pinellas County police that they were en route to take Terri Schiavo into protective custody (which was within that department's legal authority and purview), the Pinellas police and Sheriff's departments advised them that local law enforcement was 'siding with Judge Greer' and if they attempted to take Schiavo into protective custody, there would be a "showdown". Local judiciaries are now trumping both state and federal Executive and Legislative branches of government. There is no more 'balance of powers' and, most certainly, '3 equal branches of government' no longer exist.

For weeks we watched the media event, as a young woman fought for her right to live. If she had not maintained some level of sentience, she would not have battled death that strongly…and for so long. Now that she is now gone, there are those who are breathing a sigh of relief and quietly smiling to themselves. And, for the moment, evil has won. Terri's autopsy has been requested by Michael Schiavo. Terri Schiavo, contrary to her family's request, will be cremated and buried in the Schiavo family plot.

Terri's friends and her family, the Schindlers, said she fought bravely for the many days she survived after her feeding and hydration tubes had been removed. But, others, in the name of indifferent depravity, were ultimately allowed to fulfill one of their final solutions…the highly-visible beginning exterminations of the disabled. The culture of death has now planted its fangs firmly into our throats. Via abortion on demand (with no concern as to the trimester), for years this cult has decided what constitutes the beginnings of life and whether or not that life should be born. Now, this sect has manipulated itself into the position of dictating the criteria that they decide is the end of life and which, if any, lives will be allowed to continue to live. Terri's life was not one of them. Our prayers are with the Schindler family, Terri's friends and all of the others who fought so valiantly for her life.

Now, do you hear the sucking sounds of the death cults' mouths at your throats? Can you finally feel the blood gushing from your bodies into theirs? If not, both your senses and your humanity are already dead.

Ellie

thedrifter
03-31-05, 10:50 PM
A Collection of Quotes on Schiavo's Death

Some quotes from people reacting to the death of Terri Schiavo.

"It is with great sadness that it's been reported to us that Terri Schiavo has passed away." - Paul O'Donnell, a monk who acted as a spokesman for the woman's parents, who battled to have her feeding tube restored.

---

"She can finally be at peace after 15 years." - her sister-in-law Karen Schiavo.

---

"Today, millions of Americans are saddened by the death of Terri Schiavo. Laura and I extend our condolences to Terri Schiavo's families. I appreciate the example of grace and dignity they have displayed at a difficult time. I urge all those who honor Terri Schiavo to continue to work to build a culture of life." - President Bush.

---

"After an extraordinarily difficult and tragic journey, Terri Schiavo is at rest. I remain convinced, however, that Terri's death is a window through which we can see the many issues left unresolved in our families and in our society. For that, we can be thankful for all that the life of Terri Schiavo has taught us." - Florida Gov. Jeb Bush.

---

"Their faith in God remains consistent and strong. They are absolutely convinced that God loves Terri more than they do." - attorney David Gibbs III, describing her parents, Bob and Mary Schindler.

---

"She was starved and dehydrated to death ... Her sickness has triggered a huge national health debate in our country." - The Rev. Jesse Jackson.

---

"Terri Schiavo is now a martyr. Her death is not in vain." - Florida Rep. Dennis Baxley, who sponsored the bill in the Florida House that aimed to restore her feeding tube.

---

"Congress in a bipartisan fashion took up Terri's cause and met in extraordinary session to provide Terri with an opportunity for a new, full, and fresh review in federal court of her right to receive life-sustaining treatment. Regrettably, this effort did not receive the court review the law requires." - U.S. House Judiciary Committee Chairman F. James Sensenbrenner Jr.

---

"An attack against life is an attack against God, who is the author of life." - Portuguese Cardinal Jose Saraiva Martins, head of the Vatican's office for sainthood.

Ellie

thedrifter
03-31-05, 10:51 PM
Terry Schiavo Is Dred Scott
March 31, 2005
by James Atticus Bowden
March 31, 2005

The U.S. Supreme Court ruled, "A free negro of the African race, whose ancestors were brought to this country and sold as slaves, is not a "citizen" within the meaning of the Constitution of the United States." That was it for Dred Scott. Dred Scott died as a slave. The Legislatures made some states and territories 'free' of slavery. But, judges ruled that some persons, based on race, are denied citizenship and individual rights.

A Pinellas County Florida Judge "ordered and adjudged that the Guardian, Michael Schiavo, shall cause the removal of the nutrition and hydration tube from the Ward, Theresa Marie Schiavo." That was it for Terry Schiavo. Terry starved to death. The Florida and U.S. Constitutions enumerate the God-given right to life for individual citizens. But, judges, ruled that some persons, based on disability, are denied due process and, moreover, the fundamental right of life.

The Republican Party, created from the Whigs (1854) who compromised on slavery, was harshly critical of the Dred Scott decision (1857). Abraham Lincoln was elected (1860) with the expectation to use the Federal Legislature and Executive powers to end slavery. The Deep South seceded because the Constitutional responsibility to end or maintain slavery was a State right. South Carolina attacked Federal troops and property. The North invaded to preserve the Union. The Upper South seceded and America's worst war, between two democratic republics, ensued.

Two Republican Florida Senators could have saved Terry Schiavo's life by voting 'yes' to a law. "The death penalty is an authorized punishment for capital crimes designated by the legislature" (Article I, Basic Rights, SECTION 17, Florida Constitution), not the order of a county judge. The Florida House could have impeached Judge Greer (Article III, SECTION 17) for committing the felony (Florida Statute Chapter 825) of denying nutrition to a disabled person and multiple violations of guardianship (Florida Statute 744).

Likewise, the Republican Governor could have used "The supreme executive power shall be vested in a governor" (Article IV, Executive, SECTION 1) to send in state troopers to protect Terry Schiavo's right to life. Instead, George Greer, a black-robed priest-king, ordered that a deputy sheriff stand guard in Terry's room and prevent her parents from giving her a cup of water. When Gov. Bush had an executive agency exercise their authority under Florida law, George Greer ordered - took executive authority - over all Florida authorities.

Apparently, every circuit judge in Florida exercises the supreme executive power. The Florida Constitution is just a piece of paper that means what judges say it means. Not only that, but judges give orders for anything and the elected legislature and executive obey - totally. Tyranny rules. Tyrant, your name is 'your honor'.

Chief Justice Taney was wrong. The judges were wrong again when they made segregation the law of the land (Plessy vs. Ferguson), authorized the President to send Americans of Japanese ethnicity to concentration camps (Korematsu), banned the Bible from public schools (Murray), invented the right of privacy for abortions (Roe v Wade), and extended the right of privacy to honor sodomy (Lawrence). Now, Judge Greer is wrong. There is no right of privacy for an adulterous husband to have the court kill his helpless wife.

Euthanasia is for the legislatures to decide. Likewise, Homosexual marriage is a legislative issue. Or should be. But, since every circuit judge in Florida, and likely everywhere else, has the uncontested power of Caesar, the issues will be jammed down the throats of The People, by judges. Judges aren't demi-Gods. They only have the power they seize. Judges are lawyers in costumes and are as political as the grubbiest alderman. Like every profession - medical doctors and military officers - they're just men. All men blunder, sin and are corrupted by power. Doctors and Soldiers bury their mistakes. Judges rule.

The Roman Republic ended when Roman Law was contested by men who said, "the law is what I say it is". Civil wars begat dictators, more civil wars and dictators until the civilization was a shell to be broken by invading barbarians. American Civilization is at her Rubicon.

Now, the Republican Party must be the party of Lincolnian principle or the Whiggish beggars of power. Judicial tyranny, which now includes judicial murder, can be stopped peacefully by courageous men and women. The few Jacksonian Democrats remaining will help. Only a third of the Americans wanted independence in 1776. A third of America is ready to end judicial tyranny in 2005. We, The People, will prevail.

Ellie

thedrifter
04-01-05, 03:46 AM
Murder of Terri Schaivo
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
April 1, 2005
by Burt Prelutsky

By the time you read this, Terri Schiavo will be dead. At the time I’m writing this, even most of us who wanted her to live will be relieved that her pain and suffering will be over.

The other good thing about her final release will be that we will no longer have to listen to the so-called experts insist that starvation and dehydration not only aren’t painful in the extreme, but actually bring on a state of bliss, almost rapture. These are the same people, I’m willing to wager, who’d throw a hissy fit if you deprived them of a single meal – let alone a few dozen!

All along, I have been mystified by a couple of things. The first of these is why the courts have been so anxious to oblige Michael Schiavo, a man who, rather than get a civil divorce or a Catholic annulment from Terri, has opted to shack up with another woman and father two children out of wedlock.

The other matter I found it hard to fathom was the zeal exhibited by Michael’s partisans in their campaign to have Terri Schiavo killed. I understood the passion of those on my side of the issue. We saw this woman being slowly starved to death, while the four people who loved her the most and wished to care for her had to stand by helplessly, stymied by a single Florida judge and a vile legal system that refused to overrule the petty tyrant.

Michael Schiavo’s actions and statements have been so bizarre that they have quite naturally led many people to question his motives. But what about the millions of people who have lined up behind him? What did they have to gain? Those were some of the very people who hold candlelight vigils when Florida gives serial killers painless lethal injections, and who weep copious tears when mountain lions are shot, and who worry about the quality of life of insects on the endangered list.

Why were so many people who had never even heard of Marbury vs. Madison suddenly carrying on about the sanctity of states rights as if they were constitutional Talmudists? This same crowd had no objection with the federal government’s getting involved with abortion when the Roe vs. Wade decision went their way, although, abortion, however you may feel about it, is clearly a states rights issue. And I know they certainly didn’t mind it when the feds subjected the cops involved in the Rodney King incident to double jeopardy after the Simi Valley jury acquitted all four defendants. The answer to these mysteries, I’m now convinced, is that those who most vociferously objected to Terri Schiavo’s murder were those on the religious right. For those on the left, that was reason enough to sentence the woman to a slow, torturous death.

Because leftists have no moral or religious convictions, but merely a political agenda, there is no consistency to their positions. For example, they never once brought up the ultimate authority of the U.N. when President Clinton sent American troops into Somalia and Kosovo, but suddenly carried on as if they were all getting their cut of the oil-for-food payoffs once President Bush was calling the shots.

Clinton announced that Social Security was in big trouble and that something drastic needed to be done, and all the Democrats on Capitol Hill chimed in like a Greek chorus. But, as we all know, they did nothing. Now, when Bush says that Social Security is in big trouble and that something drastic needs to be done, the same folks insist that Social Security is as sound as a bell. Couldn’t be healthier! If it had been Clinton who had invaded Iraq, the liberals, led by George Soros, would have passed the hat and erected a statue in his honor on the site where Saddam Hussein’s statue was toppled.

The reason those on the left hate Bush even more than they did Nixon isn’t because he’s a cowboy or because the French don’t care for him, but because he has spoken so sincerely about his faith. The left understands it when Democratic presidential candidates show up at every black Baptist church in America. That’s okay. That’s just good, old-fashioned, politics. They only find church attendance reprehensible when, God forbid, it’s for religious reasons.

Those on the left have no moral center. They merely have a knee-jerk opposition to everything that the religiously devout, so long as they’re not Muslims or voodooists, hold dear.

If, tomorrow, conservative Christians came out in favor of absolute gun control, teenage abortions without parental consent, gay marriages, and drivers licenses for illegal aliens, liberals would either have to automatically switch sides, or, more likely, simply retire to a quiet room while their heads exploded.

Ellie