PDA

View Full Version : Superstar Lawyer Johnnie Cochran Dies

thedrifter
03-29-05, 06:00 PM
Superstar Lawyer Johnnie Cochran Dies <br />
<br />
By GREG RISLING, Associated Press Writer <br />
<br />
LOS ANGELES - Johnnie L. Cochran Jr., who became a legal superstar after helping clear O.J. Simpson during a...

jerryB
03-29-05, 06:04 PM
One less lawyer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sgted
03-29-05, 07:03 PM
The "famous" quote...."if it doesn't fit, then you must aquit" concerning the gloves got me going from the minute that I saw Simpson try them on.
Go get a pair of leather gloves.
Soak them in blood.
Let them dry for a couple of months then try them on.
They will have shrunk and deformed to the point that they will no longer fit.
If this was the "turning point" of the Simpson trial it was a travesty.
That the prosecution did not challenge this show of Simpson making his meager attempt at putting on the gloves escapes me.
The "super Star" is dead.
May he rest knowing that he became rich & famous even in spite of most people thinking the trial a farce.

jo_beth
03-29-05, 07:32 PM
Now, he really has explaining todo to the Almighty.

greensideout
03-29-05, 07:37 PM
It was cleaver how he turned the case into, "The Officer Furman Trial".

He was famous, yes. Respected? Hummm, the jury is still out.

Osotogary
03-29-05, 08:31 PM
I wonder if the coffin will fit?
He was not one of my favorite people but he did his job well. I don't know if he was that good of a lawyer or that he was just surrounded by pliable bufoons.

yellowwing
03-30-05, 06:21 AM
...pliable bufoons."
I don't think he was marketing to conservative or mainstream America. He could not give two winks to what the 'norm' was.

Personally, I think it takes individuals like these to move America.

Towards what direction is up to them. Johnny Cochran or Karl Rove, which direction? As long as it moves and develops, and most importantly, that people pay attention.

Does midnight basketball really work to prevent youth crime? I don't know. But as long as the citizens are involved that is part of the process.

kentmitchell
03-30-05, 08:14 AM
Black comedian Moms Mabley said her momma told her she shouldn't say bad things about the dead, so when Moms' sorry husband died, she had good things to say:
"He's dead. Good."
Same goes for ol' Johnny.

CHOPPER7199
03-30-05, 08:31 AM
YEP, THEM THAR GLOVES, EVER TRY PUTTING LEATHER GLOVES ON OVER LATEX GLOVES LIKE O.J. ? CORRECT ALL THE WAY SARGED.

DSchmitke
03-30-05, 08:33 AM
Oh well his number has come up..

Toby M
03-30-05, 09:12 AM
Where ever he is at, he now has to defend his actions to a higher power...just like the rest of us will eventually!

Sgted
03-30-05, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by kentmitchell
Black comedian Moms Mabley said her momma told her she shouldn't say bad things about the dead, so when Moms' sorry husband died, she had good things to say:
"He's dead. Good."
Same goes for ol' Johnny.

Good Ole' Moms Mabley.
I remember the "He's dead.....good !!" But also her cover of the song "It's a long way to tipperary"
Mom's rendition was "It's a long thing that tickles Mary"....

In Johnny's defense.
He was at the front of equal rights and fought to release wrongfully accused and incarcerated prisoners.