PDA

View Full Version : Military Houseing

Almosthere2005
03-29-05, 07:46 AM
What are you not allowed to have in your barracks after you complete boot? Besides the obviouse (drugs..). Because I have a weight set, and variouse other iteams.

Phantom Blooper
03-29-05, 08:45 AM
First off get to boot camp and graduate. Then go to your MOS school. After that depending on orders,if you are in a deployable unit or a permanent station.Then you will be afforded the op to bring things from home.A weight bench may be your motivation but that is unrealistic to have in a barracks room when there are full gyms on most bases. Things change,I don't believe you can bring your dog. Sanitation and liabilty comes to mind. Consider roomates, privacy and security issues. Also mode of transportation to your first duty station.In the event that something drastic happens that gear has to be shipped to your NOK. I wouldn't want to do your inventory.

As said above, worry about becoming a Marine,first and foremost. And don't sweat the small stuff until it is necessary! Semper -Fi! Chuck Hall

marinefamily5
04-07-05, 08:45 PM
i agree with the Ssgt on this one. once you become a marine and get to your first duty staion then worry about it. take a look at what everyone else has that will give you and idea what you can have in it and what you can't. myself the only time i lived in the barracks was when i was okinawa for 18 months...and i just had the basic's ( tv and vcr and playstation) other then that i didn't have much.