PDA

View Full Version : The Children of Darkness

thedrifter
03-22-05, 09:53 PM
The Children of Darkness

NewsMax
Phil Brennan
Wednesday, March 23, 2005

The case of Terri Schiavo is another episode in the ongoing war between the children of light and the children of darkness, a titanic cosmic struggle that dates back to the very beginning of time.

So, too, is the unspeakable killing rampage in Minnesota where teen-aged Jeff Weise gunned down his grandfather and his grandmother and eight other victims at his high school.

It is a struggle often referred to in the Essenic texts in the Dead Sea Scrolls as the war between light and darkness, described in the New Testament and attested to by scores of scholars and holy men and women since the time of Christ.
This struggle is real. It is the battle between good and evil and it is being waged today on a host of fronts, many of which involve the burning political and social issues of our times.

At its roots it is a war between the truth and the lie. Pontius Pilate asked Jesus, "What is truth?" Answers EWTN's Father John Corapi, "Truth is not a thing, it is a person. And His name is Jesus Christ."

The same may be said of evil: It is not a thing, it is a person. And his name is Lucifer.

To the deadened ears of the reigning secularist elite, it may seem quaint in these allegedly enlightened times to speak of Satan as if he were real – an idea they maintain has long ago been put to rest by rational thought. The idea of the reality of the existence of the Devil is to the modern mind an absurdity. Dismissing it out of hand is allegedly a victory for reason.

It is also a huge victory for Satan.

In "The Screwtape Letters," C.S. Lewis has an apprentice demon exult over Satan's greatest deception: He has convinced the world he does not exist. He can now operate behind the scenes, through his many allies, most of whom have no idea they serve Lucifer.

In his "Satan's Battle Plan for the Third Millennium," published in ENVOY magazine in January 1997, Dr. Peter Kreeft ghostwrote an imaginary speech for Lucifer where the devil outlines his strategy in the war:

"Step 1: The summum bonum, the ultimate end, is to capture souls.

"Step 2: A powerful means to this end is the corruption of society. This works especially well in a society of conformists, of other-directed people. After all, a good society is simply one that makes it easy to be good, to use Peter Maurin's words. Our version is also true: a bad society makes it easy to be bad. Has there ever been a time when we've made it easier for humans to be bad?

"Step 3: The most powerful means to destroy society is to destroy its one absolutely fundamental building block, the family, the only institution where most of them learn life's most disgusting lesson, unselfish love.

"Step 4: The family is destroyed by destroying its foundation, stable marriage.

"Step 5: Marriage is destroyed by loosening its glue, sexual fidelity.

"Step 6: Fidelity is destroyed by the Sexual Revolution.

"Step 7: The Sexual Revolution is propagated mainly by the media, which are now massively in our hands."

As Lenin had his useful idiots in the free world who went about serving his cause having only the faintest idea they were acting as agents of the Kremlin – in their eyes, then the world's most progressive regime – Satan has his useful idiots doing the work of the master of perdition while consciously deceiving themselves that they are working for the welfare of mankind.

They see themselves as breaking the chains of superstition that they believe have enslaved mankind for eons. In their minds they are liberating mankind from the outmoded and discredited moral strictures that have thwarted progress and held people in bondage to the commands of a non-existent Deity.

And they are doing Lucifer's work.

The destruction of mankind – God's creation and His children – is Lucifer's goal. He hates God and he hates God's children and desires both our destruction in this world and our damnation in the next.

And what has Satan wrought to this end? Exactly what Kreeft suggested.

To his delight, traditional sexual morality has been thrown into the trash heap of history, replaced by the doctrine that if it feels good, do it – as long as it safe, of course. Condoms replace chastity and abstinence, neither of which is deemed healthy for proper psychological growth.

Sexual immorality endangers an orderly society and puts the immortal souls of those caught in its grip into the peril of eternal damnation.

The reality that healthy societies are reliant on healthy families is discarded. Divorce, adultery, cohabitation without benefit of clergy and the idiot notion that marriages between men and men and women and women are legitimate expressions of marital love are death blows to the institution of family life. And death blows, therefore, to a healthy and thriving society.

Perhaps nothing is more illustrative of the power Satan has exercised over his cadre of useful idiots as the slaughter of the innocent carried out under the satanic banner of women's "right" to choose to murder their children in their wombs. Only the most morally deranged and decadent minds could find any justification whatsoever for this barbaric practice, which relegates human life to the status of a matter of convenience.

In the Schiavo case we can now see to what lengths the cheapening of human life in the name of convenience can be carried. It is no coincidence that Lucifer is the greatest enemy of human life. In the movie "Gunga Din" the cry of the Thugee cult was "Kill, kill, kill for the love of Kali."

Today, in an era that produces the Jeff Weises and the Columbine murderers of this world, it is kill, kill, kill for the love of Satan. Listen to Weise as he asks a victim "Do you believe in God?" before killing him.

Satan's useful idiots scoff at the idea that a society that would be healthy must obey the Ten Commandments, and Satan must rejoice when he sees them fighting tooth and claw to keep any mention of the Decalogue from the public square.

Moreover, nothing could bring more joy to Satan that the success of those who are fighting to ban any recognition of Christianity, his deadly enemy, its ritual or its religious observances in a nation with roots deep in Christianity and which declares itself to be overwhelmingly Christian.

Make no mistake about it: We are witnessing in our times what may well be the final struggle between good and evil. Lucifer is real, and Lucifer is the personification of evil. Our choice of sides will determine our future, in this world and in the next.

In making that choice it is imperative that we recognize who and what we face in this battle between good and evil. The enemy is Satan and those useful idiots who promote his agenda. They are his allies, and our enemies.

Says Peter Kreeft's Satan:

"In the last few years an amazing number of people have suddenly awakened to the simple fact that they are at war. When Pat Buchanan used the term "culture war" at the 1992 Republican Convention, he was demonized (how badly I wish that were true), and our big media mouths convinced everyone that he wanted to start the war, instead of just telling the truth like the little boy in "The Emperor's New Clothes" – the truth that we're already in one. But now, nearly everyone except the media knows he was right."

This is, tragically, the truth...

Let us all pray to God for wisdom and pray for ALL our leaders, elected and appointed, through somehow, God will work out His will. God is still sovereign; this is STILL One Nation, Under God.

Ellie

eddief
03-22-05, 10:49 PM
Please allow me to introduce myself.....

greensideout
03-24-05, 06:55 PM
This, I would say covers it all. Outstanding post Ellie! Thanks

HardJedi
03-24-05, 07:31 PM
oh, my lord. well, whatever helps you get through the day I guess. No disrespect intended to anyone, just not how I see reality at all.

eddief
03-25-05, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by HardJedi
oh, my lord. well, whatever helps you get through the day I guess. No disrespect intended to anyone, just not how I see reality at all.

I'm a Christian and I don't see it that way either. It's time to let Terry find peace in the hereafter.

LivinSoFree
03-25-05, 02:39 PM
You've got to be kidding... this sounds like fringe lunacy at its best.

Fred Pfeiffer
03-25-05, 03:40 PM
I was just wondering?

If the world-view presented above is not the world-view that each of you holds, then exactly what world-view do you hold?

For those who do hold another world-view, how would each of you explain the obvious presence of evil in the world and how would you suggest that it be dealt with, according to your own world-view?

If you do disagree with the hypothesis in the original post, what would you replace it with?

I am interested in finding out how other people believe regarding these issues.

Semper Fidelis

HardJedi
03-25-05, 04:19 PM
trust me, for me to tell you my beliefs, would mean I would end up invariably trampling on someone elses beliefs. and that I WILL not do in a community where I respect the other members.

LivinSoFree
03-25-05, 04:22 PM
^
Likewise. Suffice to say that as a student of politics and journalism, knowing the reputation and typical content of the source (NewsMax.com), and as someone who generally requires more than circumstantial spin doctoring before I buy into something, this doesn't make the cut.

eddief
03-25-05, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Fred Pfeiffer
I was just wondering?

If the world-view presented above is not the world-view that each of you holds, then exactly what world-view do you hold?

For those who do hold another world-view, how would each of you explain the obvious presence of evil in the world and how would you suggest that it be dealt with, according to your own world-view?

If you do disagree with the hypothesis in the original post, what would you replace it with?

I am interested in finding out how other people believe regarding these issues.

Semper Fidelis

I don't believe anything evil is going on in regards to Terry. This is just a disagreement over what is best for her. Should she be kept in a state between life and death or should she be allowed to go to her heavenly reward where she will be made new?

Matt Starbuck
03-26-05, 03:41 AM
The ancient Greeks searched for "Truth" and considered it a noble endeavor. Today, everything seems to get politicized to the point that people feel polorized and real dialog stops. It is too easy to portray things in terms of "Light and Dark." The challenge is in finding the truth in the grey haze in which we all live day to day.

Osotogary
03-26-05, 05:45 AM
I have this odd feeling that the decisions that are being made in regards to Terry Schiavo are being made for those who care about her and not necessarily her. In other words, I want a decision to go this way or that so that I can feel good about Terry.
Didn't Terry wish to be put out of her misery?

greensideout
03-26-05, 06:52 PM
I guess that without absolutes, such as,"Life Has Value", the discusion is really nothing more then opinion. Absolutes offer a base upon which a society builds it's rule of law. Without absolutes there are no rules.

Is Terry in pain and misery? I don't know? The only information I have comes from the news. It tells me both, that she is and that she is not.

All that they are giving her is food. Terry's brain is working the body and it's organs in the same manner as you and me.

What are her wishes? I don't know? But I would rather err to caution and help her to live then to walk away from my required guardianship of another human.