PDA

View Full Version : Weight waviers

Almosthere2005
03-17-05, 08:16 AM
I know that guys can get weight waivers down at MEPs, but what about girls? My recruiter says that I have to weigh 146 before I can even get down to MEPs. I weigh 164 as of this day. BUT his boss, SSGT, wants me to enlist before the 14 of April so I can go to Statewide. I know its possible, but not likely to loss 18lb in 3 weeks. So any advice or knowledge on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Old Marine
03-17-05, 08:25 AM
I hadn't heard that the Corps had turned into another Jenny Craig.

lprkn
03-17-05, 05:25 PM
146?

What are you, like 3 feet tall? Maybe what you need is a height waiver. Just kidding.

Do your best to lose the weight in a safe and healthy manner. If you're dedicated enough, you'll get to your goals.

Try TOPS (Taking Off Pounds Sensibly). My Mom does it, and it works good for her.

MelloYello
03-17-05, 07:50 PM
lol my friend he lost 23 lbs in 3 weeks and he is still losing weight as of right now. You can do it. It will take alot of commitment though and time/enegry

Almosthere2005
03-18-05, 07:37 AM
What is the TOPS program about?

lprkn
03-18-05, 01:41 PM
It's a non-profit, non-commercial weight-loss support group. It's oriented to women. You can get more info at their website (http://www.tops.org/). My Mom really enjoys it. It's another way to keep yourself accountable, as they have weigh-ins evry week, etc.

Sgtj
03-18-05, 03:35 PM
I know there are ways to drop 8-10l lbs in a matter of a few hours but it takes balls to drink the stuff and then a few hours of commintment time to the head. Yes... a sitting head call that is. BUT and a BIG BUT... I don't condone or think that it is healthy to lose that much weight that quickly.. The best way to weight loss is slow gradual weight loss. But its or call. Your focus should be on becoming a Marine - the right way. Don't worry about stateside, whatever that is... Just eat healthy and burn more calories then you consume.

Almosthere2005
03-18-05, 07:28 PM
How is the world do you drop 8-10 lbs an hour without a butt load of laxatives?

GunnyL
03-18-05, 08:15 PM
Sgtj, it's called magnesium citrate and that's not the way to lose weight. It's very temporary and can have adverse side effects.

GunnyL

greensideout
03-18-05, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Old Marine
I hadn't heard that the Corps had turned into another Jenny Craig.

Good one Old Marine!

The truth is I have never seen anyone gain weight on water, exercise and air.

When I recruited, the females were usually UNDER weight. Before MEPS they would eat a lot of bananas, a whole lot of bananas.

My advice---quit eating bananas!:D

Sgtj
03-18-05, 09:20 PM
Gunny L.

With all do respect, that is what I was implying. If you read my post you would see I directly said I don't support that method. And that is why I did not give out the damn name. But thanks for trying to square me away Gunz.

Almosthere2005
03-20-05, 09:54 AM
Thanks for all your advice except for the jerk at the top.