PDA

View Full Version : "Rumsfeld Pushes Major Revamping Of U.S. Military"

greensideout
03-14-05, 09:52 PM
As I read this in The Wall Street Journal, March 11, by Greg Jaffe, I could not help but to think, Oh Sh*t!

(The following words are mine and not those of the WSJ writer.)

It appears that the Bush administration has decited to take on the world! Yes, Russia and China, you are included!

The changes seem to be the idea that we throw conventional warfare out the window and become a fighting force of guerrilla/anti-guerrilla warriors. To stop wars before they start. Huh? Not likely.

It also appears that Rumsfeld believes that America can police the world and thereby make it a peaceful place, free from all crimes against fellow humans on this earth. Again---Huh?

"Fighting terrorism" has become the cover phrase for the military activity and change that is now going on but it is nothing more then the cover phrase for the New World Order. (Think big business.)

Do we really need to do a "Major Revamping of the Military"? Will it stop war now and in the future? Will it change the minds of our enemies?

I don't think so.

BHABIT
03-14-05, 10:46 PM
DOES THIS MEAN GSO THAT YOU WON'T BE ALONG SIDE FIGHTING WITH ME WHEN OUR COMANDER AND CHIEF GIVES THE ORDER????? HURAA!!! WE HAVE BUMPED HEADS ON THIS TOPIC BEFORE... YOU "NEED" TO GET THAT POLITICAL BS OUT OF YOUR MIND. BECAUSE POLITICIANS WILL ALWAYS SPREAD THE BS, AND YES THERE WILL BE LIVES LOST BECAUSE OF THIER INDISCRETIONS BUT "WE" ARE THE ONES THAT STAND THE LINE, NOT FOR THEM BUT FOR OUR FAMILIES.

MARINE YOU GO WERE YOU ARE ORDERED... YOU ARE "NOT" POLITICAL... REGARDLESS IF IT IS THE POLITICIANS GIVING THE ORDERS!!! I DON'T NEED YOU NEXT TO ME TRYING TO RATIONALIZE THE POLITICAL RAMIFICATIONS OF THE ENGAGEMENT WE'RE IN.

MAYBE YOU SHOULD STUDY LAW AND BECOME A POLITICIAN... AS THEY SAY... CHANGE IT FROM THE INSIDE!!!

greensideout
03-14-05, 11:10 PM
Well BHABIT, if you plan to bump heads with me it ain't going to work to well. I am one that tends to reach out and embrace my fellow Marines. I somewhat know what you have done and where you have been. I have been through a little sh*t myself but no big deal.

Law and politics---no thanks.

If you have a low view of me, that's your choice. I really don't give a damn!

Take care and Semper Fi

BHABIT
03-14-05, 11:48 PM
I am one that tends to reach out and embrace my fellow Marines.[/QUOTE]

If you have a low view of me, that's your choice. I really don't give a damn! [QUOTE]

Let me first say that I was wrong GSO... you have studied the art of politics... like they do you turn everything around with double speek.

I have embraced more Marines than you give me credit for. As for knowing "what you have done and where you have been"... I don't think so. I will share this with you though... my Sgt found himself in many different pieces, none of which resembled him, because a corporal was bemoaning his lot in life because of politicians. When the dust cleared it was all that I could do to love that fellow Marine... but I did, then I picked up the SGT's pieces. There have been many times that I have seen Marines cost the lives of better Marines... PI** me off... you have no idea. Some of those times I was in places that I could have dealt with them... but I didn't... Why??? BECAUSE THEY WERE MARINES!!!

DON'T EVER SUPPOSE WERE I'VE BEEN OR WHAT I'VE DONE!!

BY THE WAY CORPORAL... THERE ARE A COUPLE OF SIR'S THAT NEED TO BE INJECTED INTO YOUR RESPONSE!! Whether you like what I say or not!!!

eddief
03-15-05, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by BHABIT

BY THE WAY CORPORAL... THERE ARE A COUPLE OF SIR'S THAT NEED TO BE INJECTED INTO YOUR RESPONSE!! Whether you like what I say or not!!!

I thought you worked for a living, Gunny.

cpl_daley
03-15-05, 08:14 AM
I can only pray that we have more Gunny's like BHABIT out there!
OORAH!

kentmitchell
03-16-05, 02:03 PM
What the hell are they talking about?

d c taveapont
03-19-05, 12:12 AM
Man BHABIT. Donnie boy wants a small more mobile Military. So that when we go to war we'll go without adaquate equiptment and the next time IT might cost us the war...He was real damn lucky that W kept him around. any other CiC would have 86's him for the mistakes that were made...

Matt Starbuck
03-19-05, 12:54 AM
This is not a new topic, the Pentagon has somewhat actively tried over the years to copy the Marine Corps combined arms philosophy as well as making the other branches more mobile. "Imitation is the purist form of flattery."