themuffinman
03-14-05, 05:53 PM
http://www.homestead.com/prosites-prs/pantano.html <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
A Marine accused <br />
<br />
Marine Corps 2nd Lt. Ilario Pantano could face the death penalty if convicted of charges made against him last week. The...

thedrifter
03-15-05, 10:45 AM
Is Pantano a Victim of PC? <br />
By William F. Sauerwein <br />
March 14, 2005 <br />
<br />
The continuing legal dilemma of Marine 2nd Lt. Iliario Pantano underlines our society’s obsession with political correctness...

sm@@thrider
03-15-05, 10:49 AM
I had started the thread (Defending our brothers) Monday 14 Mar, our bike group is backing this Marine up if he gets an article 32.

hrscowboy
03-15-05, 01:28 PM
They are going to burn this Marine there is no doubt..

themuffinman
03-15-05, 02:33 PM
This incident would not have even been given a moment's consideration during WWII?

hrscowboy
03-15-05, 03:41 PM
yep Cpl your right but we dont live in a WORLD WAR 2 era anymore...

muck
03-15-05, 10:59 PM
So what I want to know is... <br />
<br />
So where is the fitness report for the so called discruntled JACKA** that started this bull sh*t??? <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Fitness Reports: <br />
<br />
Conclusions of Marine Second Lieutenant...

thedrifter
03-16-05, 05:46 AM
03-14-2005 <br />
<br />
From the Editor: A Marine’s Trial <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
By Ed Offley

thedrifter
03-16-05, 05:47 AM
03-11-2005 <br />
<br />
Pantano: The Charges Are Baseless <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
By Raymond Perry

sm@@thrider
03-16-05, 08:06 AM
Please visit the Department of Defense web page and sign a brief message
> thanking the men and women of the U.S. military services. The compiled
list
> of names will be sent out to our soldiers at the end of the month.
> So far there are less than 9 million names. What a pity. There should be
> hundreds of millions of "Thank You's". Please forward this message to your
> friends, so they can do the same.
> It takes less than a minute to sign the card.

http://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html

hrscowboy
03-16-05, 01:44 PM
Too many different stories coming out of this deal. Theres something more going on then whats being told..

d c taveapont
03-19-05, 12:24 AM
2 magazines for 2 iraqis.......what a waste of ammunation...2-4 bullet holes would have been just fine...but too empty 2 mags...a little over the top if you ask me...and just maybe thats the problem....either way hes screwed. and a waste of one career in a screwed up war....

themuffinman
03-19-05, 08:32 AM
He is has been charged by the Corps with two counts of premeditated murder for the deaths of two Iraqi insurgents. not for emtying two mags and if he did so what. The scum bags murder over three...

hrscowboy
03-19-05, 02:19 PM
gentleman there have been so many different stories on this thats its hard to believe what is real and what is not. The bottom line is there are rules of engagement even in war... Even though I have of a problem with the engagement rules during war they are still there.. The bottom line is that the military has to teach the men and women what the threat is before you can open fire on the enemy. so where do we begin with this? Was these men a threat? Did these men have any weapons on there person at the time they where captured? I believe that was answered that they had no weapons on there persons at the time of capture. One story was these men started running from the Lt after he ordered them to stop and the Lt opened fire on these Men killing them both. Another story was that these men came at the Lt after he ordered them to stop and the Lt opened fire on both subjects killing them. The buttom line if there was all these witnesses and these men where that close to the Lt why was these men allowed to be standing on there feet and not on the ground where they should of been. The buttom line is if in fact these men where checked for weapons and found not to have any weapons, Where is the threat??? as i said there has been so many stories on this you really dont know what to believe. rules of engagement gentlemen I know i have been there 2 tours in Nam.

d c taveapont
03-20-05, 09:22 PM
muffinman, My point was that ; To empty two magazines IS a little over kill, 2-4 Bullet holes would have been fine, and what is sad about the whole thing is the R.E. has NOT been explained to our troops....its a DAMN shame to have this happen...

thedrifter
03-20-05, 09:59 PM
03-18-2005 <br />
<br />
For the Record: H.R. 167 Supports Pantano <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Compiled by DefenseWatch Staff

thedrifter
03-21-05, 06:33 AM
03-18-2005 <br />
<br />
Pantano: Why the Charges Don’t Stand Up <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
By Raymond Perry

Ed Palmer
03-21-05, 07:00 AM
Lets do this the easy way,post charges against every pilot that dropped a bomb and killed (realy) innocent Iraqes we all know that the kids that were killed in their sleep were,nt carring weapons or...

OLE SARG
03-21-05, 08:16 AM
Ed, <br />
<br />
Amen on your statement - if you are going to charge one, charge them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEN get the fuxk out of town, or the desert or whatever. <br />
<br />
SEMPER FI, <br />
OLE SARG

thedrifter
03-22-05, 10:43 PM
Under Fire Combat Marine Tells His Story <br />
<br />
Dave Eberhart, NewsMax.com <br />
Monday, March 21, 2005 <br />
<br />
For the first time since giving a statement to the Naval Investigative Service, Marine 2nd Lt....

thedrifter
03-23-05, 11:41 AM
03-22-2005 <br />
<br />
Missing the Point: NBC Botched Pantano Report <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
By Raymond Perry

hrscowboy
03-23-05, 01:49 PM
WTH 2 magazines to kill 2 guys what is wrong with this picture? ohh maybe he was a bad shot at boot camp??

thedrifter
04-01-05, 09:41 AM
Sent to me by Mark (Fontman) <br />
<br />
Legion sees duty in helping Marine <br />
By John DeSantis <br />
Staff Writer <br />
john.desantis@starnewsonline.com <br />
<br />
The guilt or innocence of a Wilmington-area Marine accused of...

OLE SARG
04-01-05, 10:10 AM
hrscowboy,

"WHEN IN DOUBT, EMPTY THE MAGAZINE, OR IN THIS CASE MAGAZINES".

ALL OF US KANSAS CITY, AND SURROUNDING AREA, MEMBERS STILL NEED TO MAKE ARRANGEMENTS TO GET TOGETHER FOR A BEER OR SOME COFFEE.

SEMPER FI,
OLE SARG

R.Linde
04-02-05, 12:53 PM
This Marine should of had medals pinned on him, not charges! <br />
as far the &quot;disgruntled NCO&quot; is concerned he should have been drop kicked out of the Corps a long tome ago.

vfm
04-02-05, 05:33 PM
The media is once again making combat troops pay the price when called to duty. War is not pretty. The media started with VietNam where they felt sympathy toward the enemy. Now Iraq!!!
They forget that when those terrorists boarded the planes on 9/11/01
they fit the description of "innocent civillians" by their defenition.
But 3,000 plus civilian deaths later they were terrorists.

The next thing you know the press will be calling for the heads of any surviving crew members of the Enola Gay for bombing the Japanese civilians to end WWII.
No wonder enlistment is down. You are asked to put your life on the line and then put under a microscope after the fact.
SEMPER FI!!!
vfm

hrscowboy
04-02-05, 06:51 PM
hey I have no problem with using 2 magazines to whip out 2 dudes i just wondered why he wasnt a better shot?? and heck yes brother we need to all get together for a small reunion here in Kansas City for a day and drink some coffee or eat dinner and swap some stories...

greensideout
04-02-05, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by hrscowboy
hey I have no problem with using 2 magazines to whip out 2 dudes i just wondered why he wasnt a better shot?? and heck yes brother we need to all get together for a small reunion here in Kansas City for a day and drink some coffee or eat dinner and swap some stories...

Agree hrscowboy and OLE SARG, let's get it done with the small reunion and then head down to Branson, MO in June for the big one.