PDA

View Full Version : Lcpl. Shane Lee Goldman

R-T
03-13-05, 05:51 PM
I have been away from the board for some time due to major illness, complications and multiple left handed doctors! For this reason I have missed almost a year in posting a memorial for a surrogate son, Lcpl. Shane Lee Goldman.
Please allow me the honor and priveledge to post him among his brother Marines.
One of the proudest accomplishments he ever achieved was earning this title and learning it's value.
Shane's father, seperated from his mother, moved to St. Croix being a Former Marine as well, so he not only lost a true son, but a Brother in Arms as well. I still grieve for George "Scooter" Goldman. He and I have been brothers for to many years to remember.
I too lost a son and a Brother. One of Shane's first remarks out of Boot to me was; "You aren't my uncle any more! We're Brothers now!" I am in no way blood relations to Shane. But I have been 'Uncle Mike' since he could talk. I never realized burying our kids in our shadows would be so hard!
Watch over them Chesy, where ever y'all are!
Semper Fi
Mike

Lcpl. Goldman was KIA Iraq 04/05/04

Lance Cpl. Shane Lee Goldman, USMC
Lance Cpl. Shane Lee Goldman, 19, of Orange, Texas, was killed Monday while on patrol in the turbulent city of Fallujah, where a mob killed four American civilians and mutilated their bodies last week. Shane would have turned 20 the following week. Shane, who joined the Marines in 2002, served with the 1st Battalion, 5th Marines, Charlie Company, Third Platoon, 1st Marine Division at Camp Pendleton. It was his second stint in Iraq. After the liberation of Baghdad, his unit had returned to the United States before deploying again. Shane's Humvee was hit with an RPG killing him and three other Marines.
Also KIA with Shane on the same date and operations were:

Cpl Jesse L. Thiry, USMC
Pfc. Christopher Ramos, USMC
Lance Cpl. Matthew Serio, USMC
Pfc. Moises Langhorst, USMC

"Five Pendleton Marines killed near Ramadi

NBC Sandiego ~~ On Monday (Apr 5), five members of the Camp Pendleton-headquartered 1st Marine Expeditionary Force, which has been assigned to the area around Ramadi that is known as the Sunni Triangle, were killed in action near the city of insurgent stronghold of Fallujah. MSNBC reported that the men died in a fierce firefight near an Iraqi government compound and that it was not known whether they died attacking or defending that position."

jinelson
03-13-05, 06:05 PM
Go easy my brothers Cpl. Shane Lee Goldman, Cpl. Jeese L. Thiry, LCpl. Matthew Serio and Pfc. Moises Langhorst and may you rest in peace. My sincere thanks for your service to our country and our Corps, and your last full measure of devotion.

ALL GAVE SOME, SOME GAVE ALL

Semper Fidelis My Brothers

Jim Nelson

thedrifter
03-13-05, 07:31 PM
Rest in Peace

When we have done all the work we were sent to Earth to do, We are allowed to shed our body, which imprisons our soul like a cocoon encloses the future butterfly;
And when the time is right, we can let go of it and we will be free of pain, free of fears and worries, free as a very beautiful butterfly returning home to God.

God Bless

Ellie

Sgt Ski 2/7
03-13-05, 08:17 PM
He will welcome us on guard duty in Heaven.......

hrscowboy
03-13-05, 09:33 PM
Rest in peace my Brothers we will all meet again and grin at the devil...

Roger Shepherd
04-08-05, 05:02 PM
I SALUTE all of our Brothers in SISTERS of the MARINES Corps for a job will done. Some my have to go before others, The other will have to stan tall FOR them. WE will miss Them.

From My Heart

Cpl Shepherd: marine:

Osotogary
04-08-05, 05:48 PM
It's never easy but it must be done. R-T, thank you for your words well written. This was the time to do it and you did it. May your fallen comrades in arms rest in peace.