PDA

View Full Version : Marines Traveling Through the Philadelphia Area....

Sgt Ski 2/7
03-12-05, 10:42 AM
Any Active Duty Marine traveling through the Philadelphia area feel free to post here. There is a group of Marines willing to open our homes to you for dinner or overnight travel stay instead of hotels and diners. Nothing beats a home cooked meal. It is a way to say Thank You for you current services. I remember a few times when traveling back home it was nice to be welcomed into a retired or former Marines home for a meal and some family time . I am just trying to return the hospitality. Any one willing to do the same please post here so our boys won't be alone when traveling. I know you all remember the importance of having some kind of family to be there for you.

Semper Fi.

thedrifter
03-12-05, 10:51 AM
There is going to be a group of Marines from the area meeting next Saturday...

If interseted You can drop a line to me, or better yet make an appearance....There are a few bringing there spouses...
I will be there.....

When: Saturday, March 19th
Time: Will be there at 1300/1 p.m. until ???
Where: The Whiskey Tango Tavern, 14000 Bustleton Avenue, Northeast Philly, 215-671-9234

Directions:

From Route 95:

Take Route 95 to Woodhaven Road (PA-63W/Exit 35) towards US-13/Bristol Pike; stay on Woodhaven Road about 3.5 miles. Turn left onto Evans Street for about 2 tenths of a mile, then turn right onto Byberry Road and go for about 1 and one-quarter miles. Make a right onto Bustleton Avenue and go for about one-half mile then make a left onto Philmont Avenue then left into our parking lot.

From the Pennsylvania Turnpike:

Take the Philadelphia / US-1 exit 351 and get on US-1 South and go for about two miles (when US-1 splits into 2 lanes, stay in the right-hand set of lanes). Turn right onto Byberry Road and go for about 1 and one-quarter miles. Make a right onto Bustleton Avenue and go for about one-half mile then make a left onto Philmont Avenue then left into our parking lot. On-street parking is also an option.

Their Web site: www.whiskeytangotavern.com/

Ellie

Sgt Ski 2/7
03-12-05, 10:54 AM
I will be sure to be there with my wife and Thank You for the invitation. Shall I bring something for the event?

thedrifter
03-12-05, 11:01 AM
No need....Just a bunch of Marines meeting and bonding together....Some for the first time...My boyfriend from NC will there...
We extended to the spouses to join in this family advent...

I live in the Far Northeast (Franklin Mills Area)

Ellie

Sgt Ski 2/7
03-12-05, 03:06 PM
I am from just south of Philly in Delaware county. Wallingford Pa
My wife is more than a spouse she is one of thosse hard core Marine Wives who earned the title the hard way. Years of being married to a Infantry Marine. Long months of deployments and moves. She is a woman she def. knows where the Franklin Mills is ....wink wink $$$$$$$$ alot of mine....

yellowwing
03-12-05, 04:25 PM
That's funnyabout the wives and money Sgt Ski! My darling wife can be frugal and shrewd as hell. But when she really wants to spend my hard earned coin, I've learned just to hand over the bank card and ask no questions and make no complaints!

I'm just glad she leaves me a bit for a six pack! :banana:

LivinSoFree
03-12-05, 05:53 PM
Hmm.... maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to start maybe a sticky thread with general areas listed that're open to travelling Marines. Not addresses, of course, just the general area, that way, when moving about, it'd be possible to make plans beforehand via PM. Thoughts?

Sgt Ski 2/7
03-12-05, 08:36 PM
yellowing...sometimes i would rather go on a 50 mile hump with full load than arguee with her over a new pair of shoes.....when it comes to her wants she tells me that favorite Marine expression" I rate and I have more time in grade". I may have only been a Sgt but I seen her make Col's knees weak with her attitude but I do love her...

Sgt Ski 2/7
03-12-05, 08:38 PM
You never know when these guys are going to be stuck in an airport or have flights cancelled so If we can come up with soem way to make thier travel plans alittle bit earier I am all for it....Lets have alittle session and put together a Patrol order and figure this oput....

All suggestion welcomed...