PDA

View Full Version : A phone call from PFC Lake

HardJedi
03-10-05, 08:54 AM
Twice this week, PFC Lake, (now a Lcpl) has called me at home to talk to me. You all remember him, right? smart mouth poolee from awhile back, who has gone on to become a respectable Marine with Charlie Co. 1/6?

anyway, I am sad to say that I missed both phone calls, but he left me messages both times, telling me that as of yesterday afternoon, or early this morining, that his unit was headed out, and that they were headed to the big sandbox.

I sure wish I coulda talked personaly to that Young Marine, as I wished to give him a little advice, offer some words of encouragement, and to tell him that no matter what, those of us here would be praying for him and would be here to support him when he makes his safe return.

well, Lake, wherever you are now, if you ever see this, Semper Fi, my young brother, and I look forward to someday buying a round for you, and as many of our other brothers as you can bring home with you.

:marine:

yellowwing
03-10-05, 01:11 PM
One Day like Today...
Marines from the USS Cyane landed at San Juan del Norte, Nicaragua.

Our young Lad is carrying on the tradition.

It sure is different when you have the pleasure of seeing them grow. From sometimes annoying high school kid, to United States Marine.

God bless them all that have earned The Title! :marine:

JAMarine
03-10-05, 03:28 PM
Ifn he reaches you tell em Sempers from all of us.

rich

HardJedi
03-11-05, 04:53 AM
will do, Rich.

and you are right, Yellowing, it sure seems different when you watch someone ELSE become a Marine, and make that dramatic change.