PDA

View Full Version : Dan Rather’s Attack on President Bush’s Military Service Rested on Left-Wing Media’s

thedrifter
03-10-05, 07:51 AM
Dan Rather’s Attack on President Bush’s Military Service Rested on Left-Wing Media’s Contrived Myths <br />
<br />
March 7, 2005 <br />
<br />

thedrifter
03-10-05, 07:52 AM
Journalists, having done their homework, would have known that GWB got into the Guard based on his own merit. Their problem was that this wasn't the story LWM wanted told, so LWM fabricated a different story: one of political influence, family influence and favoritism and sold that story to the American people. They perpetrated a hoax on the American people every bit as malicious as the fabricated story and fraudulent memos used in Dan Rather's CBS 60 Minute hit piece. Where is the outrage? It’s a fascinating story – how is it that LWM hoaxes became embedded in Dan Rather’s fraudulent memos. Whatever happened to fair and balanced journalism, seeking the truth, ethical standards and independence of the press? Apparently, when a national election is at stake these principles do not apply to LWM. There must be a special dispensation given media during the national election cycle that allows Party affiliation and activism to trump ethics and fair play. Fortunately, the Blogoshpere, Radio Talk Shows and FOX News have now made it risky for LWM to continue its fraudulent and partisan reporting.

President Bush is the 19th President of the United States to have served in the National Guard. Colonel Staudt’s 36 year-old decision to select GWB for pilot training (based on his assessment of GWB's character and qualifications) has stood the test of time. The ANG got it right! LWM got it wrong!

LWM's "Political Influence / Favoritism Hoax" was propped up by Dan Rather's CBS 60 Minute Ben Barnes' story. Should LWM want to use Ben Barnes to defend their accusation of political influence, they should be reminded that Ben Barnes' daughter stated that Ben Barnes had nothing to do with getting GWB in the Guard and that her father told her (during the 2000 election cycle) that he had nothing to do with getting Bush into the Guard. Also, remind LWM that Ben Barnes was a big fund raiser ($100,000) and supporter of John Kerry and was "likely" in line for a position in government had Kerry been elected President. This is the “reliable source” Dan Rather used to attack President Bush and help validate the content of CBS’ fraudulent memos. Ben Barnes (p.130) is the type of “reliable source” CBS goes to when they want to attack President Bush. He is the "reliable source" that swears he got GWB leapfrogged over hundreds of ANG applicants even though there was “no waiting list” for “qualified pilot applicants” in May 1968 when GWB applied to the TANG. LWM pointed this out, right?

The President of the United States and Commander-In-Chief of our Armed Forces served honorably in the ANG. The LWM hoaxes covered above are just a small sampling of what LWM did to assassinate the character of GWB for the purpose of getting a Left-Wing Liberal Democrat elected President. Articles written about the President's service in the Guard were seldom written from a politically neutral perspective. When LWM went back 30 plus years to "explore" GWB's ANG record, they were on a search and destroy mission. They were not looking to find the good. They were looking to find bad. When they they didn't find bad, then they speculated, conjured up, fabricated and manufactured it. LWM used fraud and deception each time they attacked GWB's ANG service. Many Americans were duped by LWM. Fortunately Bloggers saved the day and exposed CBS’ fraudulent reporting, and in so doing, discredited the reporting ethics of the, so-called, “credentialed” media. People should realize that LWM is as culpable as Dan Rather. It was LWM that manufactured and promulgated the myths which provided the fraudulent content supporting Dan Rather's fraudulent memos. It should be noted that while the American people heard the steady drum beat of attacks on GWB's service in the ANG, LWM refused to methodically scrutinize Kerry's service history. There were no LWM lawsuits for the release of Kerry's records as there were for GWB and there was no LWM drumbeat for Kerry to sign form 180 - which would have released all of Kerry's military records.

It should be noted that CBS' attempts to sabotage GWB didn't stop with Dan Rather's Memogate. On October 31, 2004, CBS's 60 Minutes had planned to take another shot at influencing the outcome of our national election. See “Big media drops the mask” It was reported that the New York Times and CBS 60 Minutes were engaged in a collaborative effort to manufacture a story with the following underlying theme "380 Tons of RDX and HMX went missing under Bush's Watch"; therefore, Bush is incompetent and the military was incompetent in performing its duties to safeguard each of the 10,000 munition storage facilities in Iraq. This story was ideal for an October election surprise because it would inflame the passions of the American people with conjured up stories of how the 380 tons could be used to attack our population and soldiers; also, the hoax would require time to debunk and therefore perfect for influencing a national election. Back to back efforts (by CBS's 60 Minutes) to influence Election 2004 tells us that there are virtually no sacred media boundaries when it comes to getting a Left-Wing Democrat in the White House. Lessons Learned: Fraudulent LWM stories should be expected on the broadcast networks and in mainstream media prior to National Elections.

Col. John H. Wambough, Jr. USAF (Ret.)

Ellie

OLE SARG
03-10-05, 09:26 AM
Dan Rather is a pompous, close-minded, psuedo-intellect, big feeling, self-important, piece of ****. He has no business even talking about "THE NEWS". Last I saw of this piece of **** he was kneeling in from of john foreskin kerry.

My 2 cents worth on this worthless piece of ****!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,
OLE SARG

Lock-n-Load
03-10-05, 11:01 AM
:marine: Right on Marine...Don't forget the Blow-Job he gave to Saddam on CBS News with his mamby-pamby banter, kissing-up to that barbarous murderer...referring to Saddam as "Mr. President....Mr President"...that yellow rat/bastard Rather...nothing but a lying SOB trying to bring President GW Bush down....good friggin' riddance!!...Semper Fi, Mac:marine:

hrscowboy
03-10-05, 11:06 AM
Must i remind my brothers that Dan Rather is a Marine also????

Lock-n-Load
03-10-05, 11:16 AM
:marine: Right you are 'cowboy...can anyone in here get us the scoop on when Rather served and just what kind of a Marine he was???...I'm curious...I saw my share of a few "screwed up" Marines especially in state-side billets. S/F :marine:

thedrifter
03-10-05, 11:26 AM
Dan Rather did not make the cut in boot camp...So he never became a Marine

Ellie

Lock-n-Load
03-10-05, 12:02 PM
:marine: You mean to say he was a Momma's boy sent home to Mommy and Daddy in a baby blue coat??...a pizz-poor REJECT...WoW...that SOB wore pearl handled side arms while reporting from 'Nam...even Morey Shaffer another CBS reporter in 'Nam just shook his head the way Rather looked like Gen Patton in the Press Club downing Bombay Sapphire gin 'n tonic...he never even saw a "Charlie" in the bush...thx Ellie.
:marine:

OLE SARG
03-10-05, 12:09 PM
dan rather a non-hacker - imagine that!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad I didn't get to see rather in 'Nam - we might have arranged a frag party for the SOB.

SEMPER FI MAC
OLE SARG

BUDMAN
03-10-05, 06:47 PM
I just say one thing Dan Rather is a moron! For someone that was a journalists all is life to screw up a story that big needs to retire.

GunnyL
03-10-05, 08:18 PM
In fact, he was kicked out of Boot Camp because he lied to his Recruiter about having had Reumatic Fever. He never made it through Boot Camp; He's been a liar all his life! True piece of Liberal ****!

GunnyL

hrscowboy
03-10-05, 08:48 PM
yep gentleman i stand corrected after Miss ellie posted i went into the research mode and in fact found where he washed out.

eddief
03-10-05, 09:01 PM
The guy buried himself. There aint no use in pi$$ing on the grave.

thedrifter
03-10-05, 11:02 PM
Sent to me by Mark (Fontman)

Dan Rather's shoddy legacy

Brent Bozell
March 9, 2005

The Dan Rather era may be over at the "CBS Evening News," complete with the self-congratulatory special segments. At least Rather's critics could enjoy Donald Trump being cued up on "Fox News Sunday" to say "Dan, you're fired." They know, as does everyone else, that it's only a matter of time before Rather's last journalistic assignment, the low-rated "60 Minutes Wednesday," is canceled, and he'll be gone for good.

Rather has been brought so low that his retirement from the anchor chair is accompanied by a new book from the gossip editor of the National Enquirer called "Rather Dumb" that purports to instruct him in "How To Do News." In The New Yorker magazine, Ken Auletta quotes his longtime CBS colleagues Walter Cronkite and Mike Wallace as saying they don't watch Rather's newscast, and they find ABC or NBC easier to tolerate.

What remains is the fight over the Dan Rather legacy. The best bet is to say that train has left the station, his legacy clinched by the incredibly shoddy Bush-bashing phony-memo weeks on "60 Minutes" last September.

But some liberal media types have come out with their dukes up for Dan. CNN's Mark Shields complained that "the lynch mob won." Alex Jones, an author and former New York Times reporter, proclaimed it would be a "gross disservice" to remember only the career-ending fraud. "It doesn't diminish his decades-long career of distinguished broadcast journalism." He hoped "Over time, this is something that will be put in better perspective, especially if he has another chapter in his career."

Rather himself is counting on a reversal of public opinion in the future, hoping to rehabilitate himself, just like his old nemesis, Richard Nixon. "I've learned to trust the audience," he told the Los Angeles Times. "The harshest critic could not be nearly as hard on me as I am on myself."

And that's absurd. If Rather were the slightest bit hard on himself, he would have resigned the minute the forgery fiasco unraveled. He would not have let his supporting cast get thrown out on the street while he was still drawing a paycheck with so many zeroes it would give liberal tax-hikers the vapors. Someone who was the slightest bit hard on himself wouldn't have blamed the entire thing on conservative partisans trying to "check him out of existence." He would have apologized for his recklessness.

But Rather created his own legacy with his stonewalling arrogance.

If Rather was really so unquestionably distinguished and impartial, why does he have this flock of alleged conservative assassins unfurling a seemingly endless record of partisan cheap shots? It's important to argue from the public record that Alex Jones is dead wrong. It is not a gross disservice to remember Dan Rather's career as a long trail of heavily biased, corner-cutting, liberal-flacking and conservative-trashing journalism. It is also not incorrect to remember Rather as a Bush-loathing, Hillary-hailing, Fidel-flattering, Gorbachev-groveling, Saddam-sweet-talking insult to the ideals of objectivity and professionalism.

Just as Rather's National Guard fiasco helped reelect George W. Bush last year, Rather also inadvertently played a role in electing George H.W. Bush in 1988 by literally screaming at him in an interview that "You've made us hypocrites in the face of the world!" He couldn't get over how Hillary was "political lightning," not to mention describing Bill Clinton as "an honest man" after he was impeached for perjury. After the armed seizure of Elian Gonzalez, Rather proclaimed Fidel Castro "feels a very deep and abiding connection to those Cubans who are still in Cuba." He described Gorbachev as a great leader, with impressive eyes that give "the look of a kind of human volcano, or he'd probably like to describe it as a human nuclear energy plant."

After a 2003 interview with Saddam Hussein, where he helpfully asked what the dictator would like to say to the American people, Rather concluded the interview by expressing concern that "given the sober moment and the danger at hand, what are the chances this is the last time you and I will see each other?" Perhaps Dan will spent a few months in Baghdad trying to hook up another interview from Saddam's cell.

Seven years ago, Dan Rather routinely described Kenneth Starr as a "Republican special prosecutor," and then hailed the poll results showing his incessant degrading of Starr worked. "Our poll suggests only 27 percent believe Starr is conducting an impartial probe." Dan Rather should be remembered as the liberal media's obsessed special prosecutor, which is why less than 27 percent should believe anything Dan Rather says after the mess he's made of CBS News.

>Brent Bozell is President of Media Research Center, a Townhall.com member group.

Ellie

thedrifter
03-10-05, 11:03 PM
Rather's Final 'CBS Evening News' Sign-Off

NEW YORK - Text of Dan Rather's final sign-off as anchor of the "CBS Evening News" on Wednesday:

"We have shared a lot in the 24 years we've been meeting here each evening. And before I say good night this night, I need to say thank you. Thank you to the thousands of wonderful professionals at CBS News, past and present, with whom it has been my honor to work over these years.

"And a deeply felt thank you to all of you, who have let us in to your homes night after night. It has been a privilege and one never taken lightly.

"Not long after I first came to the anchor chair I briefly signed off using the word `courage.' I want to return to it now, in a different way, to a nation still nursing a broken heart for what happened here in 2001, and especially to those who found themselves closest to the events of September 11th.

"To our soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines in dangerous places. To those who have endured the tsunami, and to all who have suffered natural disasters and who must now find the will to rebuild.

"To the oppressed and to those whose lot it is to struggle in financial hardship and failing health. To my fellow journalists in places where reporting the truth means risking all.

"And, to each of you, courage.

"For the `CBS Evening News,' Dan Rather reporting. Good night."

Ellie

OLE SARG
03-11-05, 01:38 PM
AND GOOD RIDDANCE *******!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May the fleas of one thousand camels infest your funky armpits!!

Wish you nothing but BAD LUCK on your timely and welcome retirement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI WANDA BEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OLE SARG

thedrifter
03-11-05, 09:26 PM
Enemy of the Week <br />
That's All, Folks! <br />
By Enemy Central <br />
Published 3/10/2005 12:21:28 AM <br />
<br />
<br />
CBS News broke all viewership records last night, beating the audiences of NBC, ABC, Al-Jazeerah,...

Matt Starbuck
03-11-05, 11:35 PM
I really used to like watching Dan Blather when he was on 60 minutes. After watching and listening to his bias on nightly newscasts over the years I have grown to view him as just another liberal that feels more enlightened than the average American. Good riddance Dan! What's the frequency now, Kenneth?