PDA

View Full Version : Qestion about XM/Sirrus radio

CAR
03-09-05, 05:34 AM
Not being the most savy about electronics, I was having a discusion with my wife and the topic was satelite radio. So here goes the question.
If I listen to a local radio station (talk radio) lets just say on am100, and it has syndicated talk shows from different parts of the country, lets just say shows A, B, C. If I listen to sat radio will I get the same broadcast in the same order on the same station? Or does it just give me the talk shows on different stations? (show A on 1010 /B on 1200 etc....)

Any input would be appreciated thanks. Wife is trying to decide if we want to go that route.

LDO Capt
03-09-05, 07:06 AM
CAR

I have a Sirrius system in my truck. No you do mot get the same talk shows on the same stations, in fact you may or may not get your favorite shows at all on that system. They are broke down into channels and each channel specialzes in a diffrent topic ie channel 14 is 60's rock, channel 145 is comedy, channel 23 is ESPN etc...These channels are constant across the country. If you still want to hear your favorite show you can switch over to local regular radio. I do like my system, but it does take a little time to get used to from regular radio, but is great if you are traveling.

tcoldwell
03-09-05, 09:53 AM
I would not trade my XM for anything. Like the Capt said, it does take some getting used to. On XM there are specific stations for each type of talk radio, one for the left (Air America) and one for the right. There are also several news channels like FOX and CNN that play what is on TV at the time. I have found most of my favorite syndicated shows like Mike Savage, Hannity and Rush at one time or another.
Another good thing about my XM is a function that allows you to program your favorite song or artist and nytime they are played on any channel, the XM will notify you and give you the option of changing the station to hear them.
Since last April, I have foresaken FM and AM for XM, and don't see myself going back.

CAR
03-10-05, 12:08 AM
Thank you for the info gentlemen. NOt sure the wife will go for that but maybe I could sell her on the ability to get Dr. Laura ......yeah I know, it's torchure. Thanks again