PDA

View Full Version : Do You See The Light?

thedrifter
03-08-05, 08:36 AM
Do You See The Light?
March 7, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
by Bob Newman
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

James Brown made me smile last night while I watched “The Blues Brothers.” From his groovy pulpit at the Triple Rock Baptist Church in Chicago, the godfather of soul demanded to know if Jake and Elwood Blues could see the light.

Indeed, the soul-singing siblings could see the light. But at first, both brothers denied seeing the light because they didn’t want to see it as they stood in the back of the church.

When the world saw the first manifestation of the Bush Doctrine, many believed it to be folly. But soon the people of Afghanistan were free, the Taliban and al Qaeda on the run. Sagacious Democrats knew Afghanistan was trouble for their party, for freedom can be a contagious thing that, if fertilized, could spread through the widespread patch of noxious weeds of hate and racism liberals and leftists had sown across the planet.

This first counterpunch in the war on terror, I began telling my radio audience (www.850koa.com/shows/newman.html) in the fall of 2001, would soon be chastised by the Bush bashers, whom I insisted did not want the Bush Doctrine to succeed. To the screams of the left, I repeatedly said that, despite their public claims to the contrary, most Democrats did not want America to win the war on terror because that would make conservatives more powerful, thus threatening the liberal machine.

Last week, former Clinton National Security Council member Nancy Soderberg admitted on the "Daily Show," hosted by Jon Stewart, that the Democratic Party wants the Bush administration's war on terror to fail:

"As a Democrat, you don't want anything nice to happen to the Republicans, and you don't want them to have progress . . . It's scary for Democrats, I have to say . . . Well, there's still Iran and North Korea, don't forget. There's still hope for the rest of us . . . there's always hope that this might not work."

Thanks for confirming my assessment, Nancy.

Iraq next saw the light. With the country barreling toward democracy, the taste of fear is in the mouths of the liberals. The bitterness is intensified by election reform taking place in Saudi Arabia and Egypt after President Bush called for precisely that in his 2005 State of the Union address. Worse, Lebanon has erupted in demands of freedom and North Korea, now perhaps a nuclear power thanks to Bill Clinton and his mindless dolts, has been contained and is heading back to the bargaining table, according to China this morning. Then there’s the birth of democracy and the rebirth of a peace plan in Gaza and the West Bank because the Bush Doctrine kept pressure on Arafat until his long-overdue demise.

This morning, as always, my email inbox was jammed with words of hatred and anger from liberals decrying the spread of freedom to those the liberals feel are undeserving; brown-skinned people whose primary language is something other than English and who wear strange head dressings and robes. Some of the hate mail was on Ward Churchill and told of how upset the authors were that I was the journalist who first pointed out that many of his words were not protected speech because they violated U.S. Code Title 18, Sections 2381 (treason; giving aid and comfort to the enemy) and 2385 (advocating the overthrow of the government). The authors are mad that my revelation has spread to many national media outlets and other journalists like Bill O’Reilly who now echoes my call for Churchill’s dismissal on the aforementioned grounds. (I’m glad I could be of service, but why did it take a Marine grunt to point this out?)

Now faces long hidden in the shadows of tyranny are being warmed as they turn upward to see the light, a growing trend at which the liberals will continue to screech and wail. Rubbing salt in the wound are Arab and European nations, even the French, suddenly agreeing that there’s something to the Bush Doctrine.

What the liberals fail to realize is that their incessant caterwauling is the sound of freedom to those the liberals would deny it.

Bob Newman

Ellie