PDA

View Full Version : On the national news

Ed Palmer
03-01-05, 12:02 PM
Well they finialy caught our local serial killer ( B T K ) the sob,s been on the national news for the last 30 some odd years.
the only thing that makes me happy is that the sob was airforce and not Our Marine Corps.
It seems every time theres theres a loose screw out there they find a way to lamblast the Marine Corps right away so far there has been very little said about his military training > (maybe they cant spell airforce)
as easy as they can Marine Corps

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/Ed15Palmer/iamwichitastate.jpg

Ed Palmer
03-03-05, 07:14 AM
Boy Scouts escape controversy:

It has been reported that suspected BTK killer and family man Dennis Rader
"is active in the Boy Scouts", which was probably horrifying news to Boy
Scouts of America officials.

However, they were probably relieved to hear that at least he's not gay

mrbsox
03-03-05, 08:23 AM
This is the type of thing that increases the level of PARANOIA and sceptisism in the American public (sp??). THis is the type of thing that causes us NOT to trust our leaderrs, and even our fellow man.

Our Pastor has a couple of policies:

NO MAN will change diapers in the nursery.
At first glance, is sounds 'sexist'. Until he explains that it removes the possibility, the perception, of potential wrong doing, and/or unjustified accusations.

ANYONE, male or female, that is put in a position of authority over youth in HIS church, has a federal background check run.
I think this ones is self explanitory.

My points are, society has changed to the point that we CANNOT blindly trust our fellow man. Sad but true.
I used to hitchhike back and forth from LeJeune to Nashville, could do it on a 96.
I used to pick up hitch hikers, because I had been given rides.

Never again, and neither will my kids, or I'll have that a$$ on a platter.

Terry