PDA

View Full Version : Something's wrong with these casualties

yellowwing
02-25-05, 05:14 PM
Iraq Blast Kills 3 U.S. Troops, Wounds 9 (http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050225/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_050225172135)
Fri Feb 25,12:31 PM ET Middle East - AP
By PATRICK QUINN, Associated Press Writer

BAGHDAD, Iraq - A roadside bomb killed three U.S. soldiers and wounded nine others north of Baghdad on Friday..."There was a group of American soldiers walking in the road while around five Humvees were parking behind them," said Waleed Nahed, 35, who lives in the area. "I heard a very loud explosion and I saw bodies flying."

Residents saw about a dozen injured U.S. soldiers lying on blood-splattered ground.

Lt. Col. Clifford Kent, a spokesman for the U.S. Army's 3rd Infantry Division, said the patrol was hit by an improvised explosive device — the term commonly used to describe a roadside bomb. Three soldiers were killed and nine were wounded, Kent said.

The road was immediately blocked off by the U.S. military and Iraqi security forces, and helicopters took the injured away, according to Nahed and Alaa Nagy, who works at a nearby factory. Both said they heard gunfire after the incident.

[end relevant story line]

God Bless these men!

How the hell did they know where the Humvees were going to park? Inside Iraqi policemen/milita traitors?

Or were the Army guys doing something stupid like always parking in the same place?

d c taveapont
02-25-05, 06:40 PM
I wouldn't know...But i'd say its BOTH....After all we are creatures of nature. and we become predictable.

greensideout
02-25-05, 08:13 PM
True dc, but that is what military LEADERSHIP is to watch for, if they are doing their job, predicable won't happen.

eddief
02-25-05, 08:16 PM
There is something wrong with those casualties. They weren't Iraqi National Guard. They need to step up more for their own country's security. Too many Americans are still getting killed and maimed for these damn people. As for infiltration, I've read that the insurgents have the Iraqi National Guard, police, and government thoroughly infiltrated.

HardJedi
02-28-05, 07:12 AM
I'd say probably both as well. There probably shouldn't be any doubt in anyones mind that Iraqi security is compromised. And lets face it, people do sometimes form dumb habits without realising it, even when they know better.

SuNmAN
02-28-05, 08:59 PM

why do the insurgents fight?

whats so bad about democracy for the Iraqi people? Don't they know that once Iraq is stabilizaed we will leave automatically without a single shot fired?

whats with these damn people????

yellowwing
02-28-05, 10:02 PM
Many are infiltrators from Syria and such. The local counter-Americans are even starting to get p*ssed at the outsiders blowing up their markets and mosques.