PDA

View Full Version : Would you be labeled a U.C. ??

mrbsox
02-23-05, 05:01 PM
:rambo:
On a recent trip to a ‘toy store’, I was checking out some of the web gear and vests they had on display. The sales person and I got to chatting, and I asked about a catalog to see some other models that may be available.

He said something to the effect that he did not have one (gave me the web site), and said this gear was ‘the bomb with all the Urban Commandos’ !!

Now I’m thinking… am I an URBAN COMMANDO, just because I want to have a some ‘deuce gear’ in the closet ?? It’s not like I’m outfitting a militia, or plan to fend off the local hoods. I’m not making like a ‘rent-a-cop’ security dude that wears black tactical all the time. I just want to be able to grab one thing from the closet, if necessary, to have what I need should the need arise.

Could YOU be labeled an URBAN COMMANDO, and how does that make you feel ??

Terry

kentmitchell
02-23-05, 05:42 PM
I had similar thoughts for awhile.
Finally, I needed a computer worse than I needed my Mini 14 and a .12 gauge magnum shotgun.
What finally turned the deal was that I figured if I REALLY needed an assault rifle, I'd just pick it up off the body of the guy I shot with my Savage 30.06 along with whatever other useful gear he owns.
Don't know if I want to look like a commando. Too inviting a target.

LivinSoFree
02-23-05, 07:59 PM
Haha... dunno about a U.C., but with cammies, body armor, deuce gear, magazines, MOLLE pack, kevlar, etc. all sitting in my room, I'm already the resident D.C.- "Dorm Commando". Scare the he*l out of my National Guard RA... that's for sure... :marine:

greensideout
02-23-05, 08:20 PM
Well, LivinSoFree I have to say that you were one arrogant poolee! I liked that!

Now you wear the emblem, you earned the title.

However now, you carry the task on your shoulders.

It's best to make friends with those National Guard troopers. As a Marine you have already earned their respect and remember that they may be on your flank in combat one day.

Semper Fi