PDA

View Full Version : Ever wonder why a few Marines have a case of the a$$ about the Corps?

greensideout
02-17-05, 08:39 PM
Is it about hot beer, living in a hell hole, being in a chest deep water filled fighting trench with who knows what floating by as the VC attack, cold chow, little sleep and away from home?

I don't think that is what it's about.

I can only speak from my own experience.

Disappointing moments:

Like the time I reported in from leave on Christmas Eve. The Marine clerk looked at me and said, "Why are you here, no one else is?"

Or the time that I was sent to Mountian Warfare/Cold Weather Survival School with a very serious ear infection to live in a self dug snow hole and all that went with the training.

Sometimes we wonder about a Marines attitude. It may have been shaped by an experience much different then ours and I think it is prehaps, what the Marine Corps CAN control verses what we experienced in our duty.

The way I have always seen it is that I joined the Marine Corps---the Marine Corps didn't join me!

Semper Fi

hrscowboy
02-18-05, 02:02 AM
oooooooooooooorahhhhhhhhhhhhhh you got that right greensideout... Semper Fi

lprkn
02-18-05, 02:15 AM
It's about accepting your situation, taking it like a man, and then continuing to kick ass in spite of it.

Devildogg4ever
02-19-05, 05:26 AM
It's about accepting your situation, taking it like a man, and then continuing to kick ass in spite of it.
I agree!!!!

HardJedi
02-20-05, 11:26 AM
not really sure where ya were wanting to go with this thread, but here's what I think you want....

especially in the more modern times, as an all volunteer force, I never DID understand the guy's who justp moaned and whined.

we ASKED to be a part of it, and that meant that anything that came along should have been borne that way.

I mean, I had some druddy a$$ duty stations, but I just reminded myself, I ASKED for this. ( maybe not that specific job, but I asked for the privelegge of serving.)

also, I think some guy's end up griping alot because they watched to many dang movies. They think military life is gonna be all fun and adventure, NOT cleaning your rifle for seven day's straight, when you havben't fired it in a month, and then going back to your room for a wall locker inspection.

kentmitchell
02-23-05, 05:49 PM
If the troops are *****in' they're happy.

mrbsox
02-23-05, 06:15 PM
Why do troops get a case of the A$$...

Fk Fk games come to mind
The GREEN wennie
Military intelligence... a contradiction in terms
An elephant is just a mouse built to Govt. specs

You got yer gear laid out EXACTLY like the picture in the 'MCIO P1550.14D' guidlines, and it ain't right.
Field day (on ship) while under 'water hours' restriction
Taking orders from somedumb Fk younger than you, who got promoted for re-upping

Did I mention that
THAT WAS ME

Guess it's attitude. I know TODAY what the games were for. I know TODAY that it was ALL to the glory of the Corps.
"9 out of 10 times, a 'HERO' is just sombody cold enough, tired enough, hungry enough, not to care anymore !!

Keep your troops on the edge, and they are ALWAYS.... ALWAYS sharp

Semper Fi.