PDA

View Full Version : Cover during Wedding

boodrowusmc
02-17-05, 01:40 PM
I am going to be getting married pretty soon, and I was wondering if I'm allowed/supposed to/not supposed to wear my garrison cover with my dress blues during the ceremony. It's going to be indoors.

USMCrow
02-17-05, 01:53 PM
Not sure if your technically "under arms" or not but I remember the look on the ex's face when I mentioned that I thought I was supposed to wear my cover during the wedding. Should of wore it and not been married. In the 3 Corps wedding I've been at, no one has worn his cover inside during the ceremony. Might want to ask the intended missus what she thinks...

MillRatUSMC
02-17-05, 01:59 PM
Most photos that I seen the groom is uncovered, also the groom and best man don't wear white gloves.
The rest of the wedding party might wear white gloves.
Yet many state that you should wear the "Complete uniform".

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

LivinSoFree
02-17-05, 03:39 PM
That'd be your "barracks cover," right? Unless something seriously wrong has happened... :marine:

Ed Palmer
02-17-05, 04:53 PM
Back a few years ago it was deemed improper to wear acover indoors unless you are under arms.
With the way they do now its anybodys guess it used to be improper to
wear the utility uniform of base except in a military vehicle but if you look around everbody wears what they want to the grocery store, walmart, the local beer joint so I would say do what you want
Semper Fi

Ed

law_student
02-17-05, 05:01 PM
Good question boodrowusmc. The short answer is no, don't wear the cover. Even if you were wearing a sidearm, you would still take the cover off during a religious ceremony (such as some weddings are considered). Although white gloves may look nice, they are inappropriate for the groom, who will be exchanging rings.

The appropriate reference is Section 3005 of the Marine Corps Uniform Regulations. You can download it from www.usmc.mil.

Here are the proper authorities, if you go on any boards:

a. MCO P1020.34g , Marine Corps Uniform Regulations: Information and guidance concerning the articles of clothing and accessories and the authorized manner they are to be worn.

b. MCO P10120.28, Individual Clothing Regulations: Policy, guidance, and regulatory instructions for administration of individual clothing.

c. TM-10120-15/1, Marine Corps Uniform Fitting and Alterations Manual

d. MC Bulletins in the 10220 Series: These bulletins revise and update information pertinent to all other references concerning Marine Corps uniforms and regulations.

Congratulations and Semper Fi,
Dan

greensideout
02-17-05, 07:26 PM
Garrison cover? Nooo---that's the pi$$ cutter. You would not wear that.

Have Reg's changed? A cover is not worn inside a building, (under cover) unless you are wearing a duty belt.

I have been to a few military weddings and have never seen the groom wear a cover during the service.

Hope that helps and most of all---CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

devildawg5811
02-17-05, 07:33 PM
law_student and greensideout are both correct. You would not wear your cover indoors, during a religious ceremony. I was also married in blues, in the base chapel and even though my party wore NCO swords, nobody wore a cover, to respect the religious ceremony. I also agree with USMCrow.. shoulda worn it and skipped the wedding.

Underleft
02-18-05, 07:06 PM
My best man and I both wore the cover

danjate
02-18-05, 08:46 PM
i didn't wear mine

booksbenji
02-19-05, 07:49 AM
:marine:
**** cutter and overseas cap 2 in the same. No Cover in the HOUSE OF THE BSP EVER. :marine: