PDA

View Full Version : My NEW moral delimma

HardJedi
02-16-05, 12:00 PM
ok,

So here I am 32 years old, fairly average looking, fairly good health. no complaints.

I meet this woman the other day, and she is sweet, pretty, intelligent, funny, in other words, all the things I like about women in general. So I approach her and we talk, and go out on a few dates over the next couple of days. All is good in Jedi Land.

of all the silly things, I never asked her her AGE. then I DO ask and she is 19 years old. I am 32. 19 is legal. but is that TOO much of an age difference? I actually have met this girls Mother and father, and neither of them have a problem with it, and to tell the truth, I never even think about our age difference when we are just hanging out. ( you know, bowling, movies, mini golf, that kinda crap) but then when alone, I start to wonder if I should just stop this, because of the age differences and what OTHER people might think about it.

can I get some opinions on this?

( and yes, I know I am an idiot for even being involved with a woman of any age to begin with, but they are just so darn cuddly, I can't help myself! :) )
so try not to be TOO mean to me, ok?

schoolcircle
02-16-05, 12:03 PM
Go for it. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me!

thedrifter
02-16-05, 12:08 PM
You are legal...

I will tell You I was married to Roger for over 26 years till His death...

Roger and I had a 15 year age difference...I met him when I was 20 and he was 35...Age is a number in my books...Yes we might not think the same, on all subjects or we have different likes and dis-likes, but the word compromise does come into play...No different from any relationship...If You both feel good that is all that counts...
My opinion

Just be prepared for the old saying you are robbing the craddle.....;)

So now You all have my age...I'm not afraid to tell anybody that I am 47..

Ellie

Sgtj
02-16-05, 12:15 PM
Age is defined by when your born and when you die, what you do in between defines you!

Hardi.. Your good to go in my opinion.

sm@@thrider
02-16-05, 12:21 PM
I bet Ellie is still as hott as you were when you met Roger.

it is just a # Jedi but look how you two get along, she must be more mature than others her age and her parents must trust her, hell just wear a suit when you swim.

HardJedi
02-16-05, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by thedrifter

So now You all have my age...I'm not afraid to tell anybody that I am 47..

Ellie

tell ya a funny story, two years ago, I actually dated a 47 year old woman for about 4 months :)

I guess it's kinda silly of me to worry about it then, right? I mean, If I dated a woman 17 years older than me, why should I feel bad about dating one 13 years younger, right?

I guess I just was/am worried about people thinking I am some kinda dirty old guy going for the teeneage girl, only in it for the physical part, ya know?

but thanks for all the support so far!

Namvet67
02-16-05, 12:30 PM
It's not the age Jedi...it's the mileage! Your good to go with her....the trouble will usually show up in her maturity level...like you really care about that at this stage...LOL! Young women go for older guys...especially if you got money!

yellowwing
02-16-05, 12:31 PM
There is a 14 year difference between my wife and I. "...sweet, pretty, intelligent, funny, in other words, all the things I like about women in general." That's how I would sum up our relationship.

Just give yourself a few more weeks, months, years, of this blissfull relationship, and then ask us again.

You've served your time hell, enjoy an angel for once!

mrbsox
02-16-05, 12:32 PM
Why should AGE matter... other than the obvious legal reasons ??

The relationship between two people is just that, between two people.

If you enjoy someones company, and they yours
If you respect each others lives and privacy
If your time away from each other draws you back together
The past is exactly that, PAST, and only the future matters

Then WTF does age matter !!

Besides... every one needs a hobby.... you DIRTY OLD MAN :banana: lol Yer good to go bro !!

al20852
02-16-05, 12:34 PM
Hell, there are some 19 year olds who act like they're 40, and some who act like they're 12. Don't junk a working relationship just because of an artificial barrier. I'm 56, and when you get to be that old, you realize that you truly are only as old as you feel. I can still run rings around my three daughters, so I don't pay much mind to age.

BHABIT
02-16-05, 12:37 PM
I've been in my present and 4th marriage now for 16 years, my wife is 17 years younger than me. She was born 2 years before my first deployment and also the birth of my first child. Had it not been for her these last 16 years I would have ended up either dead, in prison or in a VA mental ward.

Jedi... it worked for me... but this one my brother you'll have to follow your own heart.

Semper Fi

Namvet67
02-16-05, 12:58 PM
Looks like the Marines go for younger women....that would be me too...currently involved with one who is 20 years younger than me! I traded my previous one in on the newer model..LOL

thedrifter
02-16-05, 01:15 PM
Looks like the Marines go for younger women....

gbudd I'm starting to believe that ;)

I'm in a relationship at this moment with a Marine who is a little over six years older than I...Yea. I have a younger man..;) :D .
We both have the same idea...Age is a number...It's how well we can work with each other to enhance each other and the goals we set forth for Our Future...

Ellie

Namvet67
02-16-05, 01:35 PM
Very true Ellie! It's all about being happy and having something to look forward to....which is the definition of happiness!

Osotogary
02-16-05, 03:54 PM
An old man once told me, "Young man, it's not who you go to sleep with, it's who you wake up with that matters." If you truly enjoy being with the woman you wake up with...you've got something and if she finds your company enthralling...you've struck gold. Good for you. What's wrong with being happy?
Don't forget, the photos submitted will have to be maxed out at 500 x 400. LOL.

THATFEMALE
02-16-05, 05:56 PM
Always in your same situation except for the fact that I'm always the young buck! Listen to Osotogary because he's right. Age doesn't matter.

cajunguy
02-16-05, 06:49 PM
Jedi.

Let me understand this.

YOU are 32. Right?

SHE is 19. Right?

And the problem is. . . . ?http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/dontknow.gif

It ONLY matters what the two of you feel and think.

Go for it Marine. Improvise, adapt and overcome !!

Best of luck with your future.

Semper Fi.

BC22
02-16-05, 07:00 PM
Ah, you saltdogs are going to end up taking all the good looking young gals away from us young Marines ;)

cajunguy
02-16-05, 07:09 PM
BC, I say again . . .

And the problem is. . . . ?http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/dontknow.gif

(Hey, us old pharts need love too.)http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/cajunguy/teehee.gif

greensideout
02-16-05, 07:28 PM
This is funny!!

It's like reading something from Ann Landers.---lol

Jedi, you are asking Marines for advice on love??---LMAO

sm@@thrider
02-16-05, 08:51 PM
yngr females like older men, more mature and know what a woman wants not just for them to get you off but we will tease and please till the cant take it anymore.. we have time. lol

Arlene Horton
02-16-05, 09:03 PM
Go for it...I agree with all the others...age is only a number. When I was 19 I was dating a Marine who was 18 years older than I and we had a good thing, I thought. We were both comfortable with each other. Unfortunately (haha) I didn't look my age so there weren't any comments. I always looked older. In fact, when I sent pictures to my Marine brother Jim, his buddies asked if his sister "always robbed the cradle". Now that I am ooolllddd....everyone says I look at least 15 years younger, even some of the doctors who are treating me!! I appreciate the compliment though. Just enjoy it. Semper Fi
Arlene

enviro
02-16-05, 10:10 PM
Live an old man's dream - go for it. Damn - wish I was 19 again. Can't take her to the club until you're 34, though.

HardJedi
02-17-05, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by Osotogary
Don't forget, the photos submitted will have to be maxed out at 500 x 400. LOL.

are you asking me for a picture of her Gary?

HardJedi
02-17-05, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by greensideout
This is funny!!

Jedi, you are asking Marines for advice on love??---LMAO

Nah, GSO, not on LOVE exactly, but on the approriateness of the situation. a subtle difference to be sure, but an important one I think.

By the way, THANKS MARINES! I was in NO way expecting such an overwhelmingly positive response!

maybe it sounds silly, but sometimes I just need to hear from other people that what I am doing is right, if it is indeed right, or sometimes I am too close to a situation to be able to tell for myself if it is right or not. Does that make sense?

again, thanks, especially to the women who answered, and to those people who have similar relationships who chimed in,

Yellowing, I actualy showed her what you wrote, ( ok, so I showed her all of the responses) and her response was, " WOW! you have such great friends". Anf you know what? I do.

;ast thing, where you been Enviro? haven't seen you in awhile.

jo1753
02-17-05, 07:06 AM
Jedi............Sounds like you have her patents blessing.
Thats Usually the part that can play h*ll with any relationship. Even for people who are close to the same ago.

It also sounds like she isn't having a problem with it........So I'd say.....Just pick up the ball and run with it... And don't worry about where it's going. I had someone tell me a long time ago. And in this case I think this might just fit " we're responsible for the effort NOT the outcome ".... So my brother put in the effort and don't worry about the outcome...........Semper-Fi

Osotogary
02-17-05, 08:26 AM
"are you asking me for a picture of her Gary?"

Of coarse not. I would never want to infringe on the santity of your budding relationship. On the other hand, a consentual photo would be nice.....just take out your picture. LMAO (Just kidding)
I raise my coffee mug and offer a thursday morning toast to both of you. Cheers.

Namvet67
02-17-05, 08:35 AM
Good advise Gary! Words of wisdom! I sent you a pm about the photos! another Gary

greensideout
02-17-05, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by HardJedi

Nah, GSO, not on LOVE exactly, but on the approriateness of the situation. a subtle difference to be sure, but an important one I think.

You ask---here I go!

Subtle difference and important for sure!

I would guess that age would make a difference if love was not involved. If someone has a few miles on them they can sometimes play the heart strings of another that is younger. If there is love involved no problem, but if not it might make the person question their motive.

If love is involved, no problem.

If you're just good friends enjoying each others company, no problem.

If there is an age spread, no problem.

I may be wrong but the answer you may be seeking is simply this; Because of the age difference as you see it, keep the relationship above board in respect of the young lady.

What the heck does age have to do with a relationship anyway?

DANG Jedi!!! Now you got me writing like Ann Landers!!!

rsta
02-17-05, 07:14 PM
Age ain't nothing but mind over matter; if you don't mind, it don't matter.

philrobins
02-17-05, 07:39 PM
At 52, if I had to start all over again now, 25 is looking pretty good!

jfreas
02-18-05, 01:54 AM
Jedi "Dirty Old Men need Love too". No seriously don't let the age difference bother you. My wife is ten years younger than me and she keeps me young.

woodman
02-18-05, 06:29 AM
Jedi,

You might as well go for it now. By the time she's 25 she'll be ready, willing, and able to nag your A** like a seasoned pro. it comes with the estrogen.:D ;)

HardJedi
02-18-05, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by woodman
Jedi,

You might as well go for it now. By the time she's 25 she'll be ready, willing, and able to nag your A** like a seasoned pro. it comes with the estrogen.:D ;)

LMAO! yeah, I hear that!

ringoffire
02-18-05, 09:43 AM
Okay, here's a non-Marine womans opinion: Age is just a number, my hubby is 2yrs younger than I, small age difference, but still just a number.
If it feels right, it is right. Go for it!!!! Don't you know that older men are sexier?

Namvet67
02-18-05, 11:26 AM
Tinaxoxo did her homework!

ringoffire
02-18-05, 11:43 AM
Ha, ha, ha.
My husband often wonders why I married younger, because I find the older ones more appealing.

sm@@thrider
02-18-05, 12:12 PM
why didn't you go for an older guy? Tina

DSchmitke
02-18-05, 12:54 PM
My wife is 8 yrs old than me. It's only a number. My son wife is 10 yrs. old than him.

lucien2
02-18-05, 03:37 PM
Remember, she will change a couple of more times before she is "fully molded". If you can survive those changes you're doing good!

ringoffire
02-21-05, 10:17 AM
sm@@thrider,
Even though he is 2yrs younger, he acts 5yrs older than me. And as my sister keeps telling me, I get younger everytime I have a Birthday. So someday it will seem like a 20yr difference.

Flammer
02-21-05, 12:58 PM
My son is 35 years old and his wife is 23...they have already given us 3 grandson's.....they are a beautiful couple....also, my dad was 13 years older than my mom. They were married to the end......age don't matter, its just what ya really think of each other....

vfm
02-21-05, 04:45 PM
Jedi
George Burns' doctor once told him to stop going out with younger woman.
His reply was , "At my age Doc , they're all younger than me".
He lived to be 100.
Go for it!!!
SEMPER FI!!!
vfm

HardJedi
02-28-05, 12:03 PM
oh just a little update on this.

Things are going REALLY well, so far. Believe it or not, I have found that I actuially have more in common with this girl than I have ever had with any previous GF, or even my ex-wife.

WE like the same books/movies/music/ both enjoy the same kinda hobbies, and activities all things considered, i'd SAY she was perfect, except for the fact she's a Democrat! :D

Sgtj
02-28-05, 12:08 PM
Good lord HardJedi, How can you do this to yourself... a Democrat! (*&^*(&^)*&(^ Beep, beep beep, @$@#$#$.

Hey man, maybe its for the best. Maybe this is your chance to convert her and show her the light.

If not and she does stay left, then well at least she takes a stand for something, that says more about someone than physical traits.

Semper Fi bro.

ringoffire
02-28-05, 12:23 PM
Nobodys perfect, and she's probably saying the same thing. There has to be a little disagreement somewhere, otherwise it could get a little boring. JMO

Osotogary
02-28-05, 12:42 PM
I wonder if they will allow you two to share the same voting booth together....could be fun!

mrbsox
02-28-05, 01:46 PM
HJ...

I often call the C.O. (of almost 15 yeears) my dream girl, even though some times SHE says nightmare !! lol

But, there are some things we don't agree on. There are some things we respect each others opinions on, and don't talk about.

Politics, religion, and organ donor come to mind. They DO come up in conversation, we DO agree on some points, disagree on others. But the respect for the others opinion is the key point. I'm not in this world to change her, she is not here to change me (much :p)

We are 7 years apart. Not much until you consider that she was 11 when I joined the Corps.

I guess my main point is
CONGRATULATIONS !!

If the bell rings, you may have a WINNER. Nothing else matters.

yellowwing
02-28-05, 02:52 PM
I'm not in this world to change her, she is not here to change me.
Isn't there some kind of proverb about that? It ends with..."you may not like what they change into."

HardJedi
04-12-05, 10:07 PM
Just an update for any interested parties, after two months, still seeing this girl. Incidentily, that makes it my third longest relationship ever! ( it would be really funny, if it wasn't true ) ;)

HardJedi
04-12-05, 10:17 PM
sweet! congrats, Shaffer!

airframesguru
04-13-05, 06:44 AM
Go for it man! She is young, and hasn't been around to see what she's missing (I assume), so it may pose a problem later. At any rate, the way I see it, if you are cool, she is cool, and her parents are cool, well sh!t, enjoy each others company etc for as long as it lasts. Friends are hard to come by and love is even harder.

Give it a shot, if nothing else, you'll have someone different to hang with.

Good Luck,

Dr. Mike (airframesguru) Westheimer L.MD
Love doctor

Osotogary
04-13-05, 10:40 AM
HardJedi and Shaffer-
Sometimes you will feel like you're in two seperate time zones (yours and hers) but at least this all happens in the same day. Be ready to function, from time to time, in your partners time zone where everything goes according to her wrist watch. I do it all the time. LOL.
Changes? Heck, I used to say, "Hi, honey", when I arrived home from work. Now it's either, "Where's the list?" or just "Yes, Dear!" Don't get me wrong, I still say,"Hi, honey" but now it is just for getting some beer money from the Chief Financial Officer. Adapt and overcome subtley.
Seriously, I wish both of you fine gentlemen the best of times with the person you have chosen to share those best of times.

Namvet67
04-13-05, 11:14 AM
It's not the age that counts...it's the mileage! Good luck to both of you! I'm currently involved with a woman who is 16 years my junior!

mrbsox
04-13-05, 11:26 AM
With every one KNOWING that nothing spoils romance, quite like marriage does...

Todays lesson is on the 3 STAGES OF SEX IN MARRIED LIFE

1ST Stage;
Newlywed stage
Stays sore and wore out all the time

2ND Stage;
Married with Children stage
When the kids are asleep, and your (both) not

3RD Stage;
Hall Sex stage
When you both pass in the hall, and just say "Fk YOU" !!

Been married almost 15 years (this time), and we STILL sleep (yep.... I said sleep) in each others arms.

Terry

Namvet67
04-13-05, 11:43 AM
Hall sex? LOL I'm a seasoned professional at that! To those in a new relationship....Remember....it's takes at least 2 years and 8 fights before you REALLY get to know the other person!

yellowwing
04-13-05, 02:06 PM
Okay then, someone with more experience than me answer this one. My dearest beloved wife will talk to me the phone for twenty minutes explaining her day and her delimnas, not withstanding the fact I that i'll be seeing her in person in 9 minutes.

Why unload on the phone?

Namvet67
04-13-05, 02:17 PM
Some questions are too hard to answer!

Toby M
04-13-05, 02:27 PM
Yellowwing, she is trying to prepare you for when you get home...(this was she can say, "I told you earlier..." and you have no defense whatsoever!) Very sharp, that wife of yours!!!

Phantom Blooper
04-13-05, 02:42 PM
Makes no sense to me. I have three grown daughters,all whom are out of the house. When they come over they will call and say that they are on the way. This usually happens from a cell phone.

If the plug isn't pulled they can talk all the way to the front door,and one lives 14 hours away,one 45minutes,and one 15 minutes.

Never could understand it,the only thing I can figure is that it's an iinanimate object,she does not have to look at you face to face and tell you how bad or good her day went. And if it comes to it you have an option of disconnecting and blaming it on Ma Bell or a poor signal.

I really think that if they can't get ahold of the person they called i.e.,busy,not home ect. they will call anybody and tell them about the day they had. I know this to be so,as I walked in the door phone rings,cant't pick it up right then,call back seconds later and get busy signal.

I'm just running my mouth because as gbudd said:
Some questions are too hard to answer! especially when it comes to your bride,better half or children.

Semper-Fi! "Never Forget" Chuck Hall

Osotogary
04-13-05, 03:31 PM
Yes, Gents. We gave up one of our ribs for this! LOL
A woman on a cell phone, or should I say, the women that I have seen using cellular phones become TO or ,what I call, Totally Oblivious. Totally oblivious to everything, creating a very hazzardous environment for all who venture too close while the conversation is in progress....sometimes to a fatal fault. eg., while driving with children in the car, while walking across a pedestrian walkway with children in tow....and for what? I think cellular telephone callers should follow the KISS format . I venture to say "fat chance" on that suggestiion.

Sgt0811
04-13-05, 06:22 PM
There is a ten (10) year difference between me and my wife.I am 61 and she will be 51 in July. She is my second wife. We will be married for 26 years this May. Just like some of the others have said, we do not agree on everything. She says that the reason we are together so long is that I make her laugh. Our jobs were very diffenrant, me a cop and her a reporter. We did talk about our problems with each other and I think that helped too. I always tell her that she is the best thing to have happen to me.

Osotogary
04-13-05, 07:52 PM
...or is it contempt? LOL.

greensideout
04-13-05, 08:53 PM
LOL Gary!

woodman
04-14-05, 04:04 AM
Jedi
Just remember that the #1 food associated with female loss of sexual appetite is WEDDING CAKE ! so go SLOW ! lol