PDA

View Full Version : "CAS" Tips for Staying Safe in Washington, D.C.

Sparrowhawk
10-17-02, 05:33 PM
Washington Times
Wednesday, October 16, 2002; Page A14

Police yesterday offered these tips for protection against sniper-style shootings:

The advice they issued to CAS, is found in the brackets {brackets} and in <b>BOLD LETTERS</b>

• While outside, try to keep moving. A moving target is more difficult to hit than one that is standing still.

<b>{Advice to CAS
Carry a large mirror with you. This will confuse the sniper and he may shoot at your image. Be sure you are wearing the same color clothing as your image in the mirror.}</b>

• If you must remain in one place in an area where you feel vulnerable, select the darkest part of the area to sit or stand in.

<b>{advice to CAS, wear sunglasses or close your eyes so the sniper will not see you}</b>

• When moving outside, walk briskly in a zigzag pattern.

<b>{Advice to CAS, same pattern you learned to chase down men!, LMAO}</b>

• If you must stand outside, try to keep some type of protective cover between yourself and any open areas where a sniper might be located. For example, if you are fueling your car, stand between your vehicle and the gas pump and bend your knees to lower your profile.

<b>{Advice to Cas, it would be better if instead of covering yourself with protective clothing that you get naked. When pumping Gas, we still advice you bend your knees to, well to, well you know. LMAO}</b>

• If you are fired on in an open area, drop to the ground and roll away from where you were standing. Look for the closest protective cover and run toward it in short, zigzag dashes.

<b>{Advice to Cas buy a used taxi cab, that shoudl keep you out of the sniper's range for months}</b>

• Be constantly aware of your surroundings while outside. Note any suspicious vehicles or activities, move away from them and report them to the police.

<b>{Advice to Cas bananas do not count as suspicious activities}</b>

• Remember that a sniper with the right equipment can shoot accurately from about 500 yards away, the equivalent of five football fields.

<b>{Advice to Cas, the right equiptment? Humm, CAS its not what you are thinking!. This time you can forget about accurate shooting. LMAO}</b>

© 2002 The Washington Post Company

CAS3
10-18-02, 10:11 PM
OH Cook...You have been up to no good as usual.
Thanks for the wake up call.

As for sniper protection:
I have not left the house.
When I do go out, I wear a really big "raincoat" (get it...PROTECTION)
I weave and bob better than Mohammed Ali!
AND I close my eyes tight...that way he can't see me!

Thanks Cook for making me laugh.

lindagr41
10-20-02, 04:05 PM
Just stay safe Sis. With advise like this from Cook..how can ya go wrong? Oh..the advise is from Cook? .....RUN!!!!!!!!!!

me