PDA

View Full Version : Sgt Peralta 4 medal of honor?

Cheezballz
02-12-05, 01:43 PM
HERO IN FALLUJAH: Marine Laid Himself on Top of Grenade to Save Rest of Squad <br />
by Oliver North <br />
Posted Dec 16, 2004 <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Text Size: S M L <br />
printer-friendly <br />
email to a friend

jinelson
02-12-05, 02:34 PM
The actions of this Marine sergeant are in the finest traditions of our Corps and Naval service. And his self sacrifice is certainly above and beyond the call of duty. In my book he rates the Congressional Medal Of Honor and I hope his family recieves it for him. Semper Fidelis my brother and rest in peace, your duty is done and you shall always live on in the Corps.

Expert_Rifleman
02-12-05, 05:28 PM
Ill be damned if he is not awarded the Medal Of Honor... he sure did earn it. And im sure it would help Morale.
SEMPER FI!!!

bobpage
02-13-05, 04:41 PM
He'll get media coverage here in SoCal....I can GUARANTEE that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll personally see it in my newscasts.

Sgtj
02-13-05, 05:14 PM
I think people / media are picking up on this one Marines. When I googled it, I found way more then indicated above. (which is great).

CAR
02-13-05, 06:26 PM
Truly a Marine more than worthy of the CMH. Honor this man and his family for the type of man they raised. Make his family US citizens, award him the CMH, and remember him as the type of MARINE we all tell stories about.

jo1753
02-13-05, 09:02 PM
I hate to say this but as far as the media goes this sounds alot like it did back in the 60's-70's..........If protesters showed up their would be 50 different sources of media to cover them..!!! But on the same day in Nam our troops could have been working miracles. and you might have read it on the back page. I know two wrongs don't make it right, and thats not where i'm trying to go with this.

This very brave young man in my opinion did something. We all can only hope if we were in the same situation, would find the courage to do the same..!!! ........Semper-Fi

THATFEMALE
02-13-05, 09:22 PM
Talk about a motivating story! What an awesome Marine. I felt a great sense of pride when I read this story. I love my Marines.

SuNmAN
02-13-05, 10:18 PM
If this isn't valor far above and beyond that call of duty, I don't know what is. Bestow upon this man the honor he so richly deserves !