02-11-05, 03:49 PM
February 11, 2005 <br />
<br />
Marine officer charged with murdering two Iraqis <br />
<br />
Associated Press <br />
<br />
<br />
RALEIGH, N.C. — A Marine lieutenant based at Camp Lejeune has been charged with a military count of...

thedrifter
02-11-05, 05:48 PM
Marine faces death penalty for killing 2 terror suspects <br />
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- <br />
Posted: February 11, 2005 <br />
WorldNetDaily.com <br />
<br />
A U.S....

greensideout
02-12-05, 09:18 PM
Maybe I missed something here. WHO is it that is charging this Marine with murder?

What a bunch of crap!

OLE SARG
02-12-05, 10:06 PM
Greensideout,
I agree with you - what a bunch of CRAP. I thought we were at war!!!!!!! He sounds like a man I would want to be my Commander.

SEMPER FI,
OLE SARG

yellowwing
02-12-05, 10:06 PM
Second Lieutenant Ilario G. Pantano is a Mustang Officer. The NY Times report that he left a life of successful money trader and dot com owner to report for duty. <br />
<br />
His office was in Lower...

jinelson
02-12-05, 10:12 PM
Just doing his duty and following the rules of egagement from what I can understand. No wrong doing, get off his @ss. Ya gotta good point there wing.

BC22
02-13-05, 12:09 AM
This is some Grade A BS if I have ever seen any. I bet his Marines are sure glad that he used deadly force to defend his men.

CAR
02-13-05, 03:32 AM
What the hell? Like stated earlier, I would like to know WHO is charging this Marine with murder. If it's a murder charge, will the charges be made from the &quot;state&quot; in which the &quot;crime&quot; was...

hrscowboy
02-13-05, 07:34 AM
I read this report earlier and there was nothing said about 2 prisoners trying to take out these marines. Reuters reported that both these dead guys was running away from the Lt and had no weapons and the LT shot and killed both by shooting them in the back. So whos telling the real deal here is it his mother that was not even there in the first place only saying what maybe her son told her or is it another Marine that actually seen the real deal. somebody seen something and it sounds to me another Marine is the one that brought the investigation on. If in fact that these dead guys had no weapons on there person and did in fact start running away from this platton and was not a threat and the Lt did in fact shoot this 2 dead guys then the Lt is no better than another LT that mass murdered in Vietnam in MY lai.. The buttom line gentlemen we have rules and regs that govern war and he may or may not stepped over that fine gray line. The real truth will come out and then well see who was right or wrong...

greensideout
02-13-05, 06:26 PM
Two running to come back another day to kill?

If a police officer tells you to stop and you don't---what do you expect?

I'm with the Marine Officer in this untill I learn that the two insurgents were just trying to sell ice cream from their truck.

Nagalfar
02-13-05, 06:49 PM
It is stunning how quick they are to bring a Marine Officer "to justice" and yet there are THOUSANDS of rags, being held for the lil things like, killing Americans, torture and so on.. where the hell are their trials? we sure see a damn rush to "justice" when one of our own does something some damn worthless POS embed dont like and sends a story out with his point of view making a Marine Officer look mindless..

Oooo wait, the current administration tells us that just "keeping" the bad guys is a asset for intel.. my question is what the hell is a Marine Officer to the administration? a liability? stupid me, I should have thought before I spoke.

greensideout
02-14-05, 08:33 PM
I really did think that there would be more input on this? <br />
<br />
What is a Marine to think when he levels out at the enemy with his sights? Will this be a combat kill or will I be charged with...

jo1753
02-15-05, 08:38 AM
Cowboy.....i'm not sure of the spelling,but I think you were refering to the Meli massacre and the Lt. was a Lt. Kalley again don't quote me on the spelling......it has never been one of my strong pionts.LOL

I can't pretend like I was there. But I feel this could have been brought on by the media, being in the right place at the right time.

Do we need to be that informed to the point where it's almost an up to the min thing....? I know if I were one of the troops trying to do my job. I sure as hell wouldn't want a reporter or camera in my face.

Like a few people already mentioned on this thread. It's war and s*it happens in war. It's pretty stupid to court martial someone for this. Because where will it lead to......??????

I've always spoke my mind when it came to us being over there fighting.......I felt we went at the wrong time. But now that we are there. I feel we should do the job without the interference from a bunch of winning reporters, who will only delay what these troops are trying to do.........Semper-Fi

Namvet67
02-15-05, 09:00 AM
Not enough info to go on here! Something is not adding up! Was he in a combat zone? Marines just don't shoot people for no reason! Give me a break! The media has got their head up their a**!

hrscowboy
02-15-05, 09:15 AM
gentlemen one of his own men filed the complaint against the Lt it was not the media it was his own men the full story is at military .com...

Namvet67
02-15-05, 09:35 AM
Ok hrscowboy....we know it was one of his own men...but how did the media or why is the media involved? We didn't have to deal with that in Nam....

mrbsox
02-15-05, 10:33 AM
Let us presume for a moment, that the incident <br />
WAS justified <br />
WAS in accordance with the rules of engagement <br />
and that ALL charges will be dropped. <br />
<br />
What about this Marines Carreer ?? <br />
I think...

Namvet67
02-15-05, 10:46 AM
AAAAAaamen mrbsox! Semper Fi

thedrifter
02-16-05, 06:48 PM
Witness backs accused Marine's story <br />
Saw officer kill 2 Iraqi terrorists who refused stop order <br />
<br />
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- <br />
Posted: February...