PDA

View Full Version : Glad to see this, Semper Fidelis

FMFgrunt
10-17-02, 02:03 PM
ATTENTION ON DECK - AN OPEN LETTER OF APOLOGY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marines,

"I have always tried to be as quick to apologize and admit when wrong as I am sometimes when I send one down range.

Well to that end Marines I would like to extend my sincere and humble apologies to Gerald Shaffer.

Recently I posted a thread and asked folks to take a look at some weird things being seen on his site. Now had I been objective and not let personal feeling come into play I should have and would have realized that he was moving his site and recoding some of his site. Instead I looked for the worst and pursued for some smoking gun allowing for some type of one upsmanship on him.

I was wrong. I allowed the blinders of personal dislike to cover the light of common sense. As I said to Mr. Shaffer in my email to him which I hope he will read, I spouted values and then marched right in the face of them.

To Mr. Shaffer I extend my personal apology and to the Marines on deck my humble apologies are offered to you also."

SF
Moore

USMC0311
10-17-02, 06:29 PM
Keepin in Marine Tradition.. I'll drink to that ."down the hatch"

Barndog
10-17-02, 06:36 PM
To OUR Corps:

Always a beautiful thing when a Marine realizes his limitations, then admits to them in front of his peers.

Down the hatch. No Whiners.

Semper FI

CAS3
10-18-02, 10:05 PM
Some people have integrity enough to admit when they were wrong.

I'll drink to that!!