PDA

View Full Version : Back from the Sandbox Clues

marinemom
02-10-05, 07:31 AM
Now that tigger is home, I can share with you several simple clues to knowing that a Marine has been in the sandbox for a while: <br />
<br />
1. The first thing he asks for after he steps off the plane and...

Lock-n-Load
02-10-05, 07:53 AM
:marine: Enjoy your new dimension as a mother of a combat Marine son's return from a world of warfare/carnage, to which civilians know very little of...you know your son like no one else can ever imagine...savor these family moments forever..I'm happy for you....Semper Fi...:marine:

MillRatUSMC
02-10-05, 08:50 AM
marinemom,
Without sounding as me,me, it brought memories of a Marine returning from a different time.
That Marine went to bed, and he must have slept for 24 hours.
That Marine's mother thought, he had died.
It was just making up for lack of sleep for 13 months.
It was a joy reading your point of view of how to tell when a Marine was in the "sandbox".
Thanks for sharing.

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

thedrifter
02-10-05, 08:53 AM
Enjoy Your Time!

Ellie

Sgted
02-10-05, 09:25 AM
Marinemom.....good post.
Please give your Marine a "Welcome Home" for me.

Some Vets returning from Vietnam had a sort of letter that could be sent home just before leaving that was a spoof (but very true).
I sent a copy to my Parents & Girlfriend.
Do any of you Marines remember this ?.

jinelson
02-10-05, 09:46 AM
Glad to hear all is good and right Mon. I was about the same when I got home from Vietnam, enjoy your time with gim it will go so fast. Really to hear this it made my day.

Thanks Mom
Jim

mrbsox
02-10-05, 10:56 AM
Smiles and tears... from the heart. :marine:

Congratulations on the hugs, and thanks for the news. Hope you gave him a hug from all of us.

Terry

CAR
02-11-05, 02:54 AM
Many smiles for you Marinemom, glad to hear your boy is back. Get him a beer from us please, well diserved.