PDA

View Full Version : How to talk to a Liberal, (If you must).

greensideout
02-08-05, 05:48 PM
" I am often asked if I still think we should invade their countries, kill their leaders, and convert them to Christianity. The answer is: Now more then ever."

Ann Coulter

" It is time to insist on judges who understand the history and meaning of America as a country endowed by God."

Newt Gingrich

"...conservatives aren't just more astute and practical then their liberal counterparts, they are also happer, more fulfilled in their lives and their work."

Michael Medved

mrbsox
02-08-05, 08:01 PM
"If America is such a horrible place,
how come people from all over the world risk
life and limb to get here ??"

Terry Bowersox

ivalis
02-08-05, 08:07 PM
they come here because it is a liberal democracy. we'll see how long that lasts.

yellowwing
02-08-05, 08:24 PM
"That General was right! Its a helluva lot of fun to shoot liberals."

"What do you mean that's not what he said? Well I just got paid $10,000 to say that what he meant. Life is good."

-Ann Coulter

greensideout
02-08-05, 08:39 PM
Ya have to love a babe that can shoot! lol

HardJedi
02-08-05, 10:12 PM
WHOO HOO! go ANN! LOL

jo1753
02-09-05, 09:15 AM
I get a big kick out of this, all or nothing mentality.
Where is it written in the united states history. Set down by our forefathers.......I might add..!!! Convert averyone to Christianity.

And lets peg everyone who doesn't believe exactly as you do as liberals'..!!! Oh I do believe we belong over there fighting......The only difference is. I feel it's an insult to everyone who died on 9-11-01..........To be there fighting for another countrys' freedom before we avenge what happened here. When we haven't found the guy who brought a fight to begin with.

Yes I agree theirs terrorist over there doing horrible things to those poor people. We can agree on that...!!!

Does anyone know what it took to drag us into WW11...?
It took us loosing a little over 2400 men. @ Pearl Harbor. Prior to that..........our country didn't want to play a part in WW11.

Is this a cioncidence we just happen to be in Iraq not to long after 9-11-01...? I was always taught charity starts at home.
What kind of message is it sending out to everyone who lost someone on 9-11-01...? When we haven't bothered to focus all our efferts on bringing in Osama Bin Laden. We've became more interested in helping other people, then our own.

I think the politicians back in the 30's 40's were more on the ball then the ones we have today...!!! Yes we as a country need to fight the war on terrorist. But I feel this country has it's priorities all messed up. It's no wounder some people in this country fear another attack by terrorist. What kind of message have we sent out to these low-lives....... Go ahead and hijack 4 planss, run two of them into our sky-scrapers..........another into our countrys' pentagon and one into the ground............And don't worry about it because we won't be looking for you............We'll be to busy saving another country from terrorists/insurgents...!!!

Call me a liberal if you want...........but this liberal is very proud of out troops who are fighting. Because if they can fight a war for those terms/reasons..............They'll fight for anything...!!!

Look.....this fight was brought to us...........until that is fully delt with.....We have unfinished business. We as a country should be head-hunting Osama Bin Laden and his key people. Then and only then should we focus on helping others with the global terrorist issues...........Semper-Fi

Jarhed
02-09-05, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by jo1753
I get a big kick out of this, all or nothing mentality.
Where is it written in the united states history. Set down by our forefathers.......I might add..!!! Convert averyone to Christianity.

And lets peg everyone who doesn't believe exactly as you do as liberals'..!!! Oh I do believe we belong over there fighting......The only difference is. I feel it's an insult to everyone who died on 9-11-01..........To be there fighting for another countrys' freedom before we avenge what happened here. When we haven't found the guy who brought a fight to begin with.

Yes I agree theirs terrorist over there doing horrible things to those poor people. We can agree on that...!!!

Does anyone know what it took to drag us into WW11...?
It took us loosing a little over 2400 men. @ Pearl Harbor. Prior to that..........our country didn't want to play a part in WW11.

Is this a cioncidence we just happen to be in Iraq not to long after 9-11-01...? I was always taught charity starts at home.
What kind of message is it sending out to everyone who lost someone on 9-11-01...? When we haven't bothered to focus all our efferts on bringing in Osama Bin Laden. We've became more interested in helping other people, then our own.

I think the politicians back in the 30's 40's were more on the ball then the ones we have today...!!! Yes we as a country need to fight the war on terrorist. But I feel this country has it's priorities all messed up. It's no wounder some people in this country fear another attack by terrorist. What kind of message have we sent out to these low-lives....... Go ahead and hijack 4 planss, run two of them into our sky-scrapers..........another into our countrys' pentagon and one into the ground............And don't worry about it because we won't be looking for you............We'll be to busy saving another country from terrorists/insurgents...!!!

Call me a liberal if you want...........but this liberal is very proud of out troops who are fighting. Because if they can fight a war for those terms/reasons..............They'll fight for anything...!!!

Look.....this fight was brought to us...........until that is fully delt with.....We have unfinished business. We as a country should be head-hunting Osama Bin Laden and his key people. Then and only then should we focus on helping others with the global terrorist issues...........Semper-Fi

jo1753,

I have to say this. I can no longer contain myself. Y'all can toss my ass off the site if you want:

It is PAINFULLY apparent that you have no clue what you are talking about, and obtain all of your information about the Operation in Iraq and Afghanistan from the liberal media.

We arent "over there" fighting to liberate a country. We took down Iraq for several reasons:

a) Weapons of Mass Destruction - Clinton, Chirac, Schroeder, Kerry, EVERYone "knew" they had them and were working on building them before the war. Ask yourself why they bought an assload of chemical masks and boots a couple months before the war. If I'm not mistaken, they bought them from France. (surprising).

b) WMD's - Ask yourself seriously where all of those chemical weapons came from that Jordan intercepted only days before a planned massive attack in Amman. Supposedly smuggled in from Syria, but a few reports pointed to evidence that they were produced by methods known to be used in Iraq.

c) What in the hell makes you think that Hussein had no ties to terrorism? Wasnt he the idiot bragging about paying Palestinian terrorist families? Didnt we find two terrorist training camps (one with mockups of airliners) north of Bagdad?

d) Knowing how much that steaming pile of excrement Hussein hated the United States, what makes you think he wouldnt have passed on technology, materials, or actual weapons to Al Queda?

e) What in the hell makes you think we are not still actively looking for Osama Bin Testicle and his Merry Band of Sphincters? What makes you think we need to send every United States serviceman into Afghanistan to find him? More feet on the ground there do not mean he'll be found any quicker.

f) What in hell makes you think that catching Osama Bin Testicle is going to make every terrorist asswipe in the world lay down their rifles? Do you understand that his capture/torture/mutilation/live burning would just make them have more resolve? Do you understand that they must all be killed? Can you figure out that they do not want to negotiate and will not stop because their "leader" is captured? Do you know that they feel no remorse? Cannot be reasoned with?

g) Do you understand that establishing any semblance of a Democratic country in Iraq will promptly turn the attention of the "Arab Street" on their own governments for reform? Dont you think that would put a huge strain on the recruits for Al Queda?

h) What on earth makes you think we have to put 100% of our efforts on finding Osama? Have we not waged war on several fronts before? Do you not think we are capable of that now? Have you not read military history?

BHABIT
02-09-05, 01:58 PM
OUR GENE POOL HAS BEEN CONTAMINATED!!!!!

HAD WE NOT PASSED LAWS TO PROTECT THE IGNORANT THIS WOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED!!!

NOW THE BAST**DS ARE IN THE MAJORITY.

IF YOU NEED TO BE TOLD NOT OT PLAY IN TRAFFIC IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GET HURT... ETC.

SHOOT EM ALL... LET GOD SORT EM OUT!

AS FOR YOU "JARHED"... COULDN'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE

SEMPER FI

yellowwing
02-09-05, 03:14 PM
If you think strategically, Iraq is a good position to hold in a long term campaign against terror.

It anchors and helps protect Saudi Arabia. Secures Kuwait. And right next door to Syria and Iran.

Afghanistan is pretty much secure as a whole. If we keep Pakistan happy and Turkey on the level. Iran is surrounded.

Israel and Jordan are on the team. So Syria/Lebanon are now surrounded.

Turkey and the Kurds in northern Iraq could be the complication. If they leave each other alone, we're cool.

Wyoming
02-09-05, 06:17 PM
AS FOR YOU "JARHED"... COULDN'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE

My thoughts exactly.

Kick me if you must, but I'm not changing my mind.

SgtDvlDog3
02-09-05, 06:55 PM
If you watched and listened jo1753, Saudi Arabia is a hotbed for Wahabi Sect Islamic fundamentalists who want a return to the good old days of covering, beating and killing women and every other non-believer (that would be us Christians, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Shintoists). The control of Saudi Arabia is slowly slipping away from the Royal Family and their government and will fall into the hands of the Wahabi. Besides the fact that WMD's were in Iraq, it is a strategic position for us to influence in some way the new age Arab citizen into believing, as we do, that some form of democratic government can live within the constraints of the Islamic religion without becoming the killing machine we know it can become. In case you didn't know it, we get 63% of our oil from Saudi Arabia, I'm no brain surgeon, but that is a lot of dang oil to lose to some crazy, chest strapped bomb wearing, explosive car driving, 72 Virgin craving dingleberry who has a burr up his a**. That's all I have to say.

woodman
02-10-05, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by ivalis
they come here because it is a liberal democracy. we'll see how long that lasts.

This shows your rectal cranial problem. They came here for DEMOCRACY,and if we are lucky anytime in the near future there will won't be ANY liberals and we can go back to being a plain old DEMOCRACY.

jo1753
02-10-05, 04:57 AM
SgtDvlDog3 If you read thru my post you might have got more out of it then. I don't feel we suppose to be over there fighting.

So i'll back up and regroup..!!!
Evidentally..........some on this forum freely and openly say whats on there minds at any given time, and thats ecceptable. Providing a person is 100% behind the war effort, to the letter..

Someone show me just where in my last post to this thread. I said we were not suppose to be over there,at all or at any time.

My comments to this thread were..........Criticizing our politicians in regards to " their priorities ".. But it looks like this is an all or nothing type of mentality.

I'm not sorry or back down from my beliefs any more then anyone else will...!!! Like alot of you, I am no longer in the military/Marine Corps. Therefore I do not have to agree with everything this countrys' leaders are doing, or telling us at any given time.
I simply got a big kick out of the title to this thread. It sounded like an old-boys-club...!!!

greensideout
02-10-05, 08:07 PM
Actually jo1753, I posted this thread with humor intended---where it goes from there is all in the readers preception.

Semper Fi
GSO

yellowwing
02-10-05, 09:20 PM
Yes it would be great to nail Osama. No, it will not end the war on terror. The enemy has developed their own structure that will keep on threatening our interests even after we retire Osama.

Who are they? Who supports them? Grown in Saudi Arabia, and trained, financed, and harbored by Syrian and Iranian elements.

WMDs or not, Iraq is an ideal forward area. And we are already there, let's make the best of it.

Stabilize Iraq and make interdiction runs on Syria and Iran.

The E.U. is not too happy with Iran, especially now that Iran has a missile capable of striking targets in Europe.

Right now the E.U. is going thorugh the UN Diplomatic Dance with Iran. And we are right next door with the hammer.

Israel has always been prepared and capable of striking Syria. And we're right there watching their back.

It's going to be an interesting four years.

greensideout
02-10-05, 09:48 PM
Interesting comment yellowwing

Jarhed
02-11-05, 02:33 PM
Yellowwing, it's obvious you understand the word STRATEGY. I think you are right. I also think that Iraq was really more than WMD's, although that was a factor, but also positioning, fighting terrorist wipes there, and removing Saddass Hussein from a position of supporting terrorism.

Look at it this way, if there is no country, no leader here, Dem or Repub, has any power. Gotta keep the country safe. As long as terrorism is out there in it's present form, we are not safe. Period. We should have been fighting against terrorist asswipes in 1979, but then again.... Jimmy Carter and all......:dazed: