PDA

View Full Version : Help!

firstsgtmike
10-17-02, 08:45 AM
I could use some help on this one.

Several month's ago, after watching the umpteenth rerun of the Over the Hill Gang, I had an idea for an updated version.

For those who haven't seen the Over the Hill Gang, it was a comedy about several long-retired marshalls, sheriffs, and cowboy heroes who came out of retirement for one last ride into the sunset. The actors were relics remaining from a long list of former cowboy sidekicks and character actors we easily recognized from long forgotten western scenes we grew up with.

Return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear, when out of the west came the echoes of "Hi Yo Sadaam, Awaaaaaaaaaay!

Instead of a calvery bugler trilling to the beat of The William Tell Overture as a lead-in, we have the sound of chopper blades wump wumping the beat of Proud Mary.

I don't have much of a storyline put together yet, just bits and pieces of scenes to be developed.

A standing vet, tossing a hand granade. He joints lock up and he is frozen like a statue until two buddies can get to him and tip him over.

Every squad has one man tasked with carrying the squad's daily medication requirements, and is responsible for their timely ingestion. He wakes them up, if it's sleeping pill time.

Attached to each platoon is a corpman, two physical therapists and a shrink. Also a dietician responsible for the daily preparation of the individual food packages for those on restricted diets.

A scene where two men are carrying a buddy, while two others are trying to get his all-terrain mechanized wheel chair out of a ditch.

The CO back at HQ is in an iron lung, while two of his staff are attached to portable respirators.

A scene where the med-evac chopper pilot, wearing dark sunglasses, is walking out to his aircraft tapping a white cane.

A scene where the explanation for disregarding a radio msg is that the battery went out on the operator's hearing aid.

A rapelling insertion from a hovering helo, and some practical joker substituted a bungee cord.

The morale officer was a Korean War vet, and the USO show he booked for the troops had the survivors from the original cast of a show he saw in Inchon.

I can see a machine gunner or a helo mech with palsey, and a character with alzheimer's.

You get the idea. I think if we put our talents together, we could really make this thing work.

Semper Fi

Tude
10-17-02, 06:36 PM
The scenario you write about is Believeable.

My New knees keep locking up and I am on a restricted Diet

and need my Meds on a timely Basis , but let there be no DOUBT

I can still shoot straight and my Mind is as good now as it ever

was.

Semper Fidelis and God Bless

Jimmy (aka Tude)

PS:Not Ex, Not Former,VETERAN MARINE that's me.

wrbones
10-17-02, 11:31 PM
First Sergeant and Tude, that's the funniest **** I've heard in a long time!!!!!

I laughed til I cried!

firstsgtmike
10-18-02, 05:39 AM
Bones,

I cried until I laughed.

Semper Fi

Laamie
10-21-02, 03:06 AM
An old war dog lying on his back thumping his paw against the "fire button" of the BCC as a missile tech is scratch'n his belly. Meanwhile, a group of reporters are being flown in (overhead) by Brandif Airlines as all three launcers are in the fire sequence mode.
S/F,
Dick
btw; I have no ia how to answer these private mail thingies. The names did not sound familuar Mike-- I didn't know there was a HAWK Battery wher you had mentoned.

badbob
10-22-02, 01:44 PM
Arm them all with M-14’s Thompson’s & M1911’s, don’t forget the aluminum Canteens and throw in a couple of Kids and a VA Rep to carry the Beer & extra ammo.

Your best map-reader carries a shotgun because his coke bottle lenses wont allow him to see very well much beyond his fingertips.

Your Point man uses a metal detector to look for trip wires and your M-60 team consists of 5 crewman, (1) Gunner, (1) A gunner (1) ammo man and (2) others who take turns helping the Gunner carry the Gun. Your 3.5 team consists of 7 crewman (1) Gunner, (1) A gunner and (5) ammo carriers (1) round each.

The CO rides in a bulletproof 1980 Mercedes towing a reinforced 1969 Airstream trailer. The Company driver has the best driving record with only (6) Speeding ticks & (2) DUI’s in the past 10 years.

The 50’s & 106’s are mounted on the back of Camo Ford F150 4x4’s and instead of 6x’s, the troops are transported in 1970 Vintage, reinforced, Camo School Buses. Each outfitted with armor plating, bulletproof glass, Draft Beer coolers and full Heads with showers.

Now all ya need is a unit designation and the plot – “The First Mission”

Your Mission, should you choose accept it - Search out and destroy any and all opposition to the Republicans take over of both houses of Congress.:rambo:

This post will self district in 5 seconds.

Semper Fi,
Bob