View Full Version : Ward Churchill: Treason In The Teepee

thedrifter
02-08-05, 06:02 AM
Ward Churchill: Treason In The Teepee <br />
February 6, 2005 <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- <br />
by Bob Newman ...

yellowwing
02-08-05, 07:18 AM
Churchill Ward has been at this anti-American crap for a long time.

No tribe claims him. He's made a career of playing wannabe Indian. To the point of trying to act all military and that ridiculous "Give our Land Back", give me a break Churchill. You are a fraud addicted to the spotlight.

When the spotlight came off of "poor Indians", he moved on to "poor Iraqi's".

As far as his tenure, the Univerity Board would just have look at his application resume. If he was hired under false-pretense, fire him.

OJK
02-08-05, 01:54 PM
The entire first amendment reads:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech; or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

Those who have been mindlessly parroting the excuse that Churchill is "just exercising his first amendment rights" are clearly uninformed since the first amendment does not grant any rights to anyone - rather, it prohibits congress from passing certain laws.

Specifically, he is not granted the right to say anything he wants and not expect that there can be consequences for doing so. Offending his employers and/or persons his employers do not want offended comes to mind and can (and should) lead to loss of employment at a minimum.

Nothing in the first amendment protects him form any unpleasant consequences for making offensive and anti-American (treasonous) statements. Assault and murder are, of course, criminal offenses unrelated to the first amendment

As an alum of CU, I find it embarrassing that our faculty members including the CU president make such statements about his "exercising his first amendment rights" when there is no such thing as a "first amendment right".

They should be expected to know what the first amendment states before making public statements about it.

The media should take such responsibility also.

:(

dgallagher
02-08-05, 03:20 PM
OK, we can't hang him with a 'good' rope and we can't fire him (even if we're in Colorado). Then they can't fire those people for smoking at home, or those guys that had guns in their trucks/cars. Where are all the LIBERALS when you need one and the American Civil Liberal Union.

Oh, by the way, I have this old 5/8 scant in the barn won't hold a loop anymore and it's not a 'good' rope; I think it will take a 225 lb pull OK. I'd be glad to donate if anyone knows how to tie a 13 loop knot, with the inside lock!

Semper fi