PDA

View Full Version : These ANG recruiters are GOOD!

Jarhed
02-04-05, 10:06 AM
These guys dont miss a chance!!!

I went to the regular Marine Corps recruiter's office a few weeks ago to guage my chances at getting active duty (no way, but a 1st class PFT could help my chances). I've been working with the Marine Prior Service recruiter (for Reserve) since October.

A few days later, the Army recruiter downstairs calls me and says "I understand you have a college degree and want to get back in?" Wants to make me a WO.

This morning, I get a great email from Military.com from an Army National Gaurd recruiter (an 04) who tells me that there are a lot of combat arms available in SoCal for ANG (including tanks) and they are constantly deployed. He says he could make me a WO in short order.

You absolutely have to give these guys credit! They are out there grabbing the best prospects they can (former Marines) and trying to pack the ranks with those that the Corps doesnt want back.

Kudos to them, but it would be an absolutely LAST resort for me if I cant get back in the Corps Reserve. But if ANYone here wants to get back into something, and the Corps has turned a cold shoulder to you, definitely consider it!

HardJedi
02-04-05, 11:23 AM
heck, ever since re-entering college I have recieved an non stop assault of recruiters contacting me. ( NG, Reg, Army, Navy) I keep telling em all I already served in the Marine Corps Infantry, and anything less would be a disapointment that I could not take seriously, so they are better off talking to others, but they never give up! ;)

sm@@thrider
02-04-05, 12:00 PM
if you haven't been to NG don't go they get you in and treat you like sht, and you better make copies of all your records(everything) they screw alot up. I have alot of buddies there that can't find any info on them and mine.