PDA

View Full Version : State of the Union Address

yellowwing
02-03-05, 02:15 PM
Talk about 'Must See TV'!

The domestic issues, I don't know. Up here in Canada it only secondarily affects me.

I was proud and misty eyed when the President singled out a fallen United State Marine Sergeant.

I was also very proud to see that Iraqi woman stand when she was recognized, and finally was able to vote. To me it gave a sense of pride that our Marine Corps secured her rights.

I noticed that during the standing ovations for bold domestic issues, the Joint Chief just sat at attention.

When the President put Syria and Iran on notice, the Joint Chiefs joined the standing ovation! Good strong and clear message!

My 2 cents.

jinelson
02-03-05, 02:25 PM
Yellowing that makes two of us that see eye to eye. My eyes got foged up watching his parents trying to be strong in the recognition of their son. Some strong stuff indeed. The Iraqi woman was so proud she beamed. And brother I even got out of my reclyiner and stood for the Iran and Syria message. On the other topics like social security it was the same old political garbage the President tries to unite and the house remains divided. But it did this Nam vets heart good to see the unanomous support for our men and women in uniform a far cry from the Viet Nam experience.

Well Done Commander In Chief

Osotogary
02-03-05, 03:01 PM
Say what you will about the President of these United States but I like the fact that he looks directly towards the person or group that he is speaking to and he doesn't waiver until he moves on to another topic. I give him some serious points for that.

TRLewis
02-03-05, 03:41 PM
anyone else catch the cinc getting misty eyed during that hug? he will be a president that people will talk about for years, and will be compared to other great presidents. he has affectively restored the honor of the white house that was disgraced by the president before him.

CAR
02-03-05, 04:08 PM
Very true statement, I too was all choked up seeing those scenes. From what I understood the mother of the fallen Marine handed a dog tag of her sons to the Iraqie woman. Wow, what a deep moment. . . ................................. Thats all I can write getting choked up again.

ivalis
02-03-05, 07:50 PM
typical bush performance, look ya in the eye & twist the available information, particularily concerning social security.

booksbenji
02-03-05, 10:15 PM
:marine:

When GW brought the 2 womens and did what he did that
won my heart (alright he had it since 2001, ok), my vote
and he had joined the the ranks of the greatest of
PRESIDENTS. This clearly show the REAL HUMAN side
of a real MAN. His look at the parents as the applause
went was one of inner most respect for family values.
His eyes were just a little teary, ok!

From the President's speech;

"One name we honor is Marine Corps Sgt. Byron Norwood of Pflugerville, Texas, who was killed during the assault on Falluja. His mom, Janet, sent me a letter and told me how much Byron loved being a Marine, and how proud he was to be on the front line against terror. She wrote, "When Byron was home the last time, I said that I wanted to protect him like I had since he was born. He just hugged me and said:

'You've done your job, mom. Now it's my turn to protect you.'" (my hilites)

Ladies and gentlemen, with grateful hearts, we honor freedom's defenders, and our military families, represented here this evening by Sgt. Norwood's mom and dad, Janet and Bill Norwood."

The Jackas* party ain't got nuttin on GW now :cry: