PDA

View Full Version : The Jennings Mentality

thedrifter
02-03-05, 06:40 AM
The Jennings Mentality
February 3, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
by Edward Daley
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you consider all Americans of Italian descent to be affiliated with the mob, simply because they share the same heritage as the members of La Cosa Nostra? Thankfully, most people don't, however, ABC News anchor Peter Jennings apparently wouldn't have a problem making such a claim, judging by the way he seems to view Sunni Muslims in Iraq.

Recently Jennings implied, during an interview with Secretary of State Rice, that the Iraqi elections of January 30th were "illegitimate" because some Sunnis failed to participate in the voting process, and are now complaining that the U.S. occupation of their country was the cause.

So what has that got to do with the American mob, you may be asking? Well, it's quite simple really. You see, Saddam Hussein and the vast majority of his followers are Sunnis, and they once ran Iraq much like a mafia crime family. Most Sunnis, however, are not Saddam loyalists, just like most Italians are not mobsters, and it's a pretty safe bet that the Sunnis who are doing all the yawping about the elections, are the very same people involved in a lot of the terrorist acts which have taken place in that country.

People like Jennings would like for you to think of these parasites merely as Sunnis, but the fact that most of them are members of that particular Muslim sect, is basically irrelevant. It would be like referring to a mob family in this country as merely Italians, and implying that what the members of that family had to say was representative of the attitudes of all Italian people.

That, of course, would be absurd and insulting to Italians everywhere, just like suggesting that this small group of Saddamites speaks for the entire Sunni population, insults all decent Sunni Muslims. The fact is that while a smaller percentage of Sunnis voted last Sunday than did Shiites, they still had the opportunity to do so. If any of them had wanted to vote, but failed to, it wasn't because of our military's presence in Iraq. It was because they felt intimidated by others within their own community, and didn't have the guts to stand up to them.

Face it, most of the people complaining about the elections now, didn't want there to be elections to begin with, and they are counting on media personalities like Peter Jennings to convince the people of the western world that the entire Sunni population got hosed on election day.

Is it Jennings' argument that the Iraqi elections are lacking in legitimacy because the people who never wanted them to occur in the first place, are now crying disenfranchisement? And is it also his contention that the claims of the people who have supported Saddam's rule all along, are representative of the opinions of all Sunni Muslims in Iraq, simply because they themselves happen to be Sunnis?

If so, then I think it's safe to say that Mr. Jennings would likely be just as quick to characterize all Italians as mobsters, all Irish people as drunks, and all Jews as penny pinchers. Of course, intelligent people understand that those sorts of bigoted depictions are both despicable and ridiculous.

They also know that most Sunni Iraqis aren't cowardly Islamo-fascists, and that not all Canadian-born journalists are Bush-bashing nincompoops, in spite of the fact that one in particular just happens to be exactly that.

Edward Daley

Ellie

marinemom
02-03-05, 07:04 AM
Jennings make Dan Rather look good - a scary thought - and there is nothing wrong with Peter Jennings that an autopsy could'nt cure.

jo1753
02-03-05, 12:47 PM
I'm glad we have forums like this one where people can voice their opinions. Personally I feel we should have waited to go into Iraq. Don't mis-read that in anyway......I know for some it would be easy to do...!!!
I'm not saying we don't belong there, We simply didn't belong there ( AT THAT TIME )...!!! First of all we as voters, tax payers, were told those people had weapons of mass-destruction. Ok thats good enough for me to go to war...!!! But where were they when we arived...?

For one the Bush Administration did a poor job even prior to going to Iraq. You can't sit back and tell another country who's under a dictaor, "by the way"..........8-9 months prior to stepping foot on their land, We are coming to take over...!!!

Bush should have been held accountable........when those weapons were not found. But he came out smelling like a rose.
He told us......in no uncertain terms. " those people have the weapon " So we need to invade Iraq...!! Just think if someone who held a lesser job title did the same thing.......Do you think that person would still hold that job...? I'd bet not..!!!

Then one of the biggest insults to us was. When Donald Rumsfeld tells the whole world........" What most people already knew " You don't go to war with the Army you'd want, instead you go with the Army you have...!!! Damn man who made that decision to do that...?

Prior to that our good President during the debates went and pushed that into the face of John Carey. Telling him if you Democrats had voted for the money to properly arm our troops. We wouldn't be having this problem now...!!! Again the bottom line is, Who made the decision to go...? Wasn't Carey...!!!

Just for the record.........I'm not a republican, or Democrat. I choose to vote the issues at hand. I get a huge kick out of our two party system. When both sides decide to piont fingers and muddy the issues.

It took us as a country alomst two years to gear up for WW11. If it wasn't for the efforts of Russia holding back the German Army during the first part of the war. Perhaps all of Europe would still be under Hitlers thumb. My point.....why did we not properly gear up first. We were all told when this first happened. This should only take a couple of weeks at the most. Again Our President has managed to come out of that smelling like a rose.

In light of whats happened recently I feel the title of President should be renamed. To one who is " untouchable " Look at Clinton.....Hes another good example.
I'm just getting real tired of being lied to........by people who are not held responsible for their decisions. I'm refering to democrsts or republicans. This Persident tells us this is not another Vietnam. Not to long ago the media told us now.......The worst is pretty much over........!!! Hell.........not long after that the fighting went from bad to worst.....Again whos BS-ing who...?

OK we're over there now.........we all need to except that, me included....I'm a bit pi**ed off because of all the lies...Why do they feel the need to keep lying to us...?

Wyoming
02-04-05, 04:51 AM
Waited! Waited to go into Irag? I think not. We should broaden oursellves and take out neighboring countries who harbor terrorists and insurgents.

WMD's! Was President Bush the only one who thought or said there were WMD's in Iraq? I think not. The Democrats must have felt that WMD's were there as evidenced by quotes they made.

Held accountable? Come on, gimme a break. Clinton was brought up. You want accountability, there's where it ought to come from and start with.

Another Vietnam or not, I'm supporting the President, our Marines and troops who are serving, and will welcome them home. I'll welcome them home in a much different way than we were welcomed in the '60s.

What gets my goat are the REMF's, *****ing about having to take a cold shower or that McDonalds was closed, etc.

kentmitchell
02-04-05, 06:08 AM
I guess Jennings doesn't get it, either.
You don't have to vote. But if you don't, you have to accept the consequences.
What do you expect from a Canadian with a 10th grade education?
I guess we'll get another load of him tonight when he jumps onboard with the rest of the pack of jackals and kicks Gen. Mattis while he's down.
Of course, Gen. Mattis probably isn't all that worried about what a pansy newsie says about him.
It's the troops and they know he's for them.
Someone said he's probably out of the running for Commandant and they're right. But, hell, he's a good candidate for President.
Semper Fi, General. We love you.

kentmitchell
02-04-05, 06:31 AM
I guess Jennings doesn't get it, either.
You don't have to vote. But if you don't, you have to accept the consequences.
What do you expect from a Canadian with a 10th grade education?
I guess we'll get another load of him tonight when he jumps onboard with the rest of the pack of jackals and kicks Gen. Mattis while he's down.
Of course, Gen. Mattis probably isn't all that worried about what a pansy newsie says about him.
It's the troops and they know he's for them.
Someone said he's probably out of the running for Commandant and they're right. But, hell, he's a good candidate for President.
Semper Fi, General. We love you.

jo1753
02-04-05, 02:26 PM
bigalholmes165
WMD's! Was President Bush the only one who thought or said there were WMD's in Iraq? I think not. The Democrats must have felt that WMD's were there as evidenced by quotes they made.

Who had " THE " loudest voice,,,,,when it came to telling not only the people in this country, but the rest of the world........We have to go there and we need to do it right now..?

And when exactly did this turn from, hello, we're here checking for WMD, To gee, guess we were wrong.!!......But now that we are here we better C.Y.A's and help free these poor people from this ruthless dictator..?

Why was this not a huge issue to the American politicians till right after 9-11-01..? When we were told the U.S. was on an all out man hunt for Osama Bin Laden.? But turn the TV on or read a news paper, and almost nothing is heard about him lately. Gee go figure..!!.......Go ahead and run two planes into a couple of skyscrapers and crash another two, killing over 5000 US citizens. Then have that take a back seat to...........Dang...we had better drop that and focus almost all our attentions to freeing other people from this ruthless dictator.........Who just might have WMD....Talk about c'mon give me a break...!!!

Ok.....perhaps we should have went there to check for nuclear weapons......But once we did..........and we found NOTHING...!!!
I feel our priorities should have been to this country till Osama Bin Laden was found and brought to justice.

After all, isn't that what this countrys' armed forces jobs are all about;
To protect and serve this country first and foremost...!!!
Remember..........at that time who was it that spearheaded the attack on this country....? Osama Bin Laden..!!

In 1941 we didn't go to war till Japan hit Pearl Harbor.... We lost less than half the number of people we did on 9-11-01. As a result of their ruthless, cowardly sneak attack. We entered into a fight with the Japanese that almost wiped them off the globe.
Justifiablly so I might add.

I think this is an insult to not only the 5000+ people who lost their lives on 9-11-01. But to the rest of us as well. I'm sorry if there's other people in the world who do not know what it's like to have what we have........Truely I am. But to say our priorities should be to free others, when not one drop of blood that was spilled on 9-11-01 has been avenged...!!! I feel that's not only an insult to all the loyal troops who are serving NOW, but also to the tax payers who are footing the bills.

Now we feel the need to have a " homeland security " dept. in our government...!!! We used to call that the National Guard or perhaps C.I.A. or F.B.I..didn't we..?....But that's not quite politically correct any more. I suppose when you decide to take almost all of your resources and deploy them half way around the world,to free other people, you quickly feel the need to be a bit creative...hence.....C.Y.A......

I'm sorry if I do not sound quite so loyal or patriotic..But till this President stops trying to avenge what this Daddy failed to finish in 1991 and focus his attention and loyalties on " WE THE PEOPLE ".....and not others half- way around the world..I'll stick with this attitude...!!!! Semper-Fi