PDA

View Full Version : Saddam Hussein "WINS" another seven years in power:

Sparrowhawk
10-16-02, 07:33 PM
The Associated Press has the results of yesterday's Iraqi "referendum" on whether to give Saddam Hussein another seven years in power:

Yes - 11,445,638 (100%)
No - 0 (0%)

http://www.arabnews.com/system/html/cartoon/151002.jpg

FIREWORKS, SLAUGHTERED SHEEP

Official results from Tuesday's referendum showed that every one of Iraq's 11,445,638 eligible voters turned out to vote "Yes" to another seven-year term for Saddam, some marking their ballot papers in blood.

Fireworks lit the night sky by the Tigris river as small numbers of residents slaughtered sheep, a traditional Arab act of celebration.

The outcome was never in doubt with the voting process tightly controlled by the government and no independent observers or other candidates.

But authorities had urged voters to turn out in force to show massive support for Saddam in the face of U.S. threats of military action and President George W. Bush's policy of "regime change".

"Tell Bush we chose Saddam as our leader forever," said a driver shouting from his car window, honking his horn.

"It is not even worthy of our ridicule, said U.S. State Department spokesman Richard Boucher.

Sixguns
10-16-02, 08:00 PM
Just imagine the Iraqi ballots:

Only one candidate listed on the ballot.
Your only choice is to vote yes or no for the one candidate.

Gee, what if the majority voted no? Would Saddam demand a recount? Who would become the leader of Iraq? I guess these questions aren't important because Saddam won (like there was a real choice). Talk about a stacked deck!!! Saddam's own government and people supervised the voting! Rumor has it that Iraq requires voters to list their name and address on the ballot they cast. I wonder why? Is that so those who might actually oppose Saddam or desire change get hunted down and killed? And they say no system is perfect, I disagree. The Iraqi system is perfectly corrupt.

SF,

Sparrowhawk
10-16-02, 08:21 PM
if he would get the same results if the poll workers of Florida worked for him?

LMAO