PDA

View Full Version : Dean’s and Dems’ Spirit of Working Together

thedrifter
02-02-05, 06:45 AM
Dean’s and Dems’ Spirit of Working Together

February 1, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
by Sher Zieve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the elections in Iraq having proceeded even more successfully than most in the world would have believed or hoped, one would have thought that our own resident Democrats would have been ecstatic. For generations the Democrat Party has claimed to be both “the Party of the people” and “the Party of freedom and liberty”. However, with John Kerry’s ‘don’t over-hype this election’ and Teddy Kennedy’s ‘bring our troops home now!’ statements, the American public has either been misled by them or doesn’t understand the Dems (new?) definitions of freedom and liberty. Apparently, the Dems attach unusual meanings to words; contingent upon their political requirements of the moment. Something along the order of ‘good is bad’ and ‘bad is good’? Sounds, to me, a bit like al-Zakarwi’s statements that ‘Democracy is evil and oppression is good’. That can’t be what they mean. Can it?

During Sunday’s Meet the Press interview of John Kerry, Kerry was positively grim as the reports of Iraqis dancing in the street continued to fill the airwaves. He was, patently, not a happy man. This was not the outcome upon which Kerry, Kennedy, Pelosi et al had placed most of their dreams and aspirations. Instead, the Iraqi people made it clear that they were willing to die; just for the opportunity of voting in a free election towards a burgeoning democracy. This was and is not good news for the Democrats and, from their reactions, instilled their worst fears-that the Middle East is filled with humans who actually want and are willing to die for a democratic form of government. In similar fashion to the Islamo-fascists, the leftist Dems (those who have taken over the Democrat Party) no longer want democracy as a form of government. In consideration of the 2004 presidential election, democracy has proved to be a contrary force to the continuation of their “New Democrat” Party. The leftist faction of the Dem Party has now made it clear how they plan to work with the Congressional Republicans…they won’t.

In more of the “spirit of working together”, Howard Dean (DNC hopeful to replace Terry “Global Crossing” McAuliffe as Dem Party chairman) said last Saturday: "I hate the Republicans and everything they stand for!" Yep. That kind of attitude should go a long way towards the “healing” the Dems speak of with such passionate insincerity. Then, Kerry on Sunday actually had the audacity to speak about “unity”. Huh? What unity? Dems have made it inordinately clear, to all who will listen, that they “don’t want no stinkin’ unity”. I don’t believe this to be the best tactical move on their part but, they won’t listen to me anyway…thankfully.

So, the Dems’ plan is to firmly continue an even fiercer Congressional obstructionist movement; one which may conceivably, if not conclusively, bring their Party to its inevitable demise. Their “new” leftist leaders seem hell-bent to bring it about. However, we in the USA do need a two-Party political system. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what new Party might be applicable? I believe the American public (even conservative and moderate Democrats) would be willing to listen.

Sher Zieve

Ellie

ese4mc
02-02-05, 07:18 AM
I SUPPOSE IF SOME-ONE SUGGESTED SOMETHING LIKE THE
USA PEOPLES PARTY THEY WOULD BE TERMED COMMIES--BUT RATHER THAN OTHERS GET A NAME WHY NOT THE DEMS BECOME THE OBSTRUCTIONIST PARTY--IT FITS THEM TO A "T"---HOW SAD IT IS TO BE SADDLED WITH KERRY & KENNEDY---2 BUMS