PDA

View Full Version : Capt. Thomas Carroll (Retired)

thiad
01-30-05, 01:30 AM
I don't post here often, but in the hopes of some of my Marine Corps brothers or sisters may have known Tom....

Capt. Thomas Carroll passed away unexpectedly after surgery on 11 January 2005, in San Diego, CA.

Capt. Carroll came into the Corps in 1952 or so, and served until 1979 as a Tank Commander. Yes, he somewhat fibbed on that age thing to get in, but his love of the Corps was what kept him in all those years. He was a First Marine Division Marine and wore their colors with pride.

Tom was a flight instructor of mine and one of the best Marines and pilots I have ever met. Though I knew him for only a few years, Tom was the personification of a Marine's Marine. Through him, I learned more about flying and about the Corps than I did from anyone before. It was an honor to know him and to call him a friend.

Capt. Carroll, you will be missed, my friend. Semper Fi, sir.

hrscowboy
01-30-05, 02:32 AM
May he rest in peace Semper Fi

D M Tostenson
02-26-05, 11:23 AM
May the Captain rest in peace. And, peace to you sir. Semper Fi.

GySgtRet
02-26-05, 11:56 AM
thiad,

Sorry to say that I never meet the Capt. May he rest in peace.

Semper Fidelis

Arlene Horton
02-26-05, 10:23 PM
That was about my time (1952) at Cherry Point. Don't know if the good Captain ever served there but I would have been honored to know him. May he rest in peace.
Arlene

MillRatUSMC
02-26-05, 10:23 PM
May Captain Thomas Carroll (Retired) rest in peace, in God's name we pray.

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

yellowwing
02-26-05, 10:32 PM
Rest easy , Sir!

I can just imagine Saint Peter shouting out, "Attention on Deck! Captain of Marines Entering!"

Semper Fidelis, Captain Thomas Carroll (Retired)

BigPhil
02-27-05, 12:16 AM
May the Captain rest in peace, He is with the rest of our brothers, who went befor him. Semper Fi. Captain.