PDA

View Full Version : 3/1 is Home!!

marinemom
01-28-05, 08:00 PM
As of 1700 hours today, the Marines of 3/1 arrived back at Camp Pendleton after seven months duty in Iraq. The unit suffered the highest casulaty rate at the battle of Fallujah, losing 33 Marines.

The flight stopped over at Bangor, Maine at 0730 - and according to tigger the temperature was about 7 degrees and felt really goodwith folks standing outside the terminal to enjoy it- and attempts were made to get time to have a snowballl fight - something that anyone who had spent time in 140 degree temperatures sounded reallly fine. ;)

yellowwing
01-28-05, 08:05 PM
God Bless, and Amens all around! (I still think he has earned the name of TIGER!)

Lock-n-Load
01-28-05, 08:20 PM
:marine: Happy for you...having a combat Marine son makes you feel a whole new dimension as a Mom...tigger is a survivor...way to go...to all these young warriors in the 1st Marine Division FMF...they do us all proud!!...Semper Fi, marinemom.:marine:

bobpage
01-29-05, 12:15 AM
And we were there to cover it from FOX in SD.....Semper Fi

yellowwing
01-29-05, 12:31 AM
Serioulsy
Tigger
http://www.piscitella.com/Tigger/PICTURES/tigger%20confused.jpg

or TIGER
http://woodbutcher.net/images/tiger.jpg

He is your son, but I vote TIGER!

HardJedi
01-29-05, 12:43 AM
hey Tigger was SNEAKY DEVIOUS mean ( the cartoon charchter that is) LOL

glad to here your boy made it home! glad for both of you!

yellowwing
01-29-05, 12:54 AM
"SNEAKY DEVOIUS mean" Okay, that I can agree with to descscribe a US Marine.

marinemom
01-29-05, 06:36 AM
"Sneaky, devious, mean" - hey! not my sweet baby boy, lol.

He is 6'6" of third generation Marine, hard charging and devoted to the Corps - yellowwing, your post just shows the boy on base, and then in the zone -one of the reasons that his students at SOI-West referred to themselves as "Hennig's Heathens", lol. (Of course he did introduce me to his Senior as his "first heavy", so pick your picture)

MillRatUSMC
01-29-05, 08:19 AM
I'm glad that your son home,
besides the rest of 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines.
I have a fondness for the 1st Marines...

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

d c taveapont
01-30-05, 09:52 PM
3/1 Marines were my old Regiment....Lima Co was the Company that i was with in Viet Nam.....Well MOM be proud that your son belongs to a Darn good outfit.....3/1 ALWAYS and 1st MARINE DIVISION......