PDA

View Full Version : Please Help

CortneyS05
01-27-05, 05:53 PM
Hi. My name is Cortney. I am enlisting in the Marine Corps in March when I turn 18. However I need some help. I am having a really hard time with my armhang. :( I can only hang for 10 seconds. If you have any ideas for me do get better please let me know. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

FullMetalJacket
01-27-05, 06:04 PM
Bicep curls and assited arm hang.

SgtMajor_Lee
01-27-05, 06:05 PM
push-ups, negative pull-ups, assisted pull-ups, resistance pull-ups, and curls should help. if you need more in depth descriptions pm me.

CAR
01-27-05, 06:13 PM
First off welcome to the site and good luck.

You need to work on your upper body strength. Concentrate on Lats, shoulders, and upper chest. If you loose your grip a lot you may also need to do some forearm work. You have time to increase your strength but you have to work on it.

Do: Pull ups, Lateral pull downs, inclined bench press, Lateral raises and push ups, push ups, push ups, push ups, push ups, push ups........... you get the idea. Start with a few reps and each week increase that #.

Lots of people here so you'll get some good work outs from others. Good luck.

iroc3000cc
01-27-05, 06:19 PM
look up the armstrong workout posted elsewhere on the site.

AshleyMS
01-27-05, 09:35 PM
Cortney, something I did when I was working on my FAH was wall pushups, reg pushups, bicep curls and when I was able to get the money I actually bought a pullup bar that can be placed in a doorframe. You can have someone at home time you, you can even work on some pullups while you are at it. The bars range in price, and you can ask your recruiter where you can find one in your area.
Hope that helps!

CortneyS05
01-28-05, 02:43 PM
Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate it. Thanks for the pull up bar idea to. My boyfriend has one and I use his all the time while he times me. However my mom will not let me hang one up anywhere. Thanks again, you were all very helpful. I will try and keep you posted on how well I am doing.

THATFEMALE
02-10-05, 03:15 AM
You'd better rack my Sgt. Majors brain while you can. That Marine is full of valuable knowledge.

Patty_McOorah
02-10-05, 04:42 AM
Courtney, there is also a mental aspect to it. When I first enlisted, I could only do 13 or 14 pulls. One day I just told myself that I was going to get 20, and I did. Sure I had to put in some work, but you just have to say to yourself that your not tired and there is always strength left to get over that mark you set for yourself.