PDA

View Full Version : Open Contract and Sou Marines

IGOTGLOCKS
01-27-05, 03:17 PM
Open Contract and Sou Marines
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have signed open contract my recruiter told me not to worry we will go back to the recruiting station to pick your mos in a couple of weeks. Which we did I picked Infantry he later called a week after and told me he got my uh program (Infantry)I was very excited and later whent back to the recruiting station to sign a statement of understanding which It says on the form that I am guaranteed Infantry and that this supercedes any previous agreements. So do I need to worry about not getting Infantry Is it really guaranteed with a statement of understanding?

Namvet67
01-27-05, 04:15 PM
IGOTGLOCKS.....you need to worry about one thing only...that is making it through boot camp....you may not want infantry after that. In my days, we didn't get to pick our MOS....it was assigned to us just like everything else in the Corps. Good luck!

CAR
01-27-05, 05:35 PM
Glocks,
Get through boot camp and you are guaranteed School of Infantry (after MCT). Pass that, then your a GRUNT. The Corps promises you the school, but you have to live up to your part of the bargain, you have to pass. ** Needs of the Corps superceeds everything.

In short- I wouldn't worry about it sounds like your good to go.

DeNichilo 0300
01-27-05, 05:46 PM
CAR. if you chose infantry you dont goto MCT, only SOI....at least thats as far as i know.

Im 99% sure of that, thats whats ive been told since i chose infantry as well.

CAR
01-27-05, 05:48 PM
That may be?? Not sure now-a-days. I went through both. But it was a while ago. Bummer.

IGOTGLOCKS
01-27-05, 08:18 PM
Can any Pooles share if this is the same process you went through?

HardJedi
01-27-05, 08:25 PM
I'm with you CAR, I went through both MCT and SOI.

Man, kids these day's, getiing easier and easier... in MY day the grip reaper was standing at a 90 degree angle and covered in snow right there in southern California! LMAO! ( that last part is oobviously a joke and supposed to be funny) :D

Cheezballz
01-27-05, 10:06 PM
Is it true they took out the Reaper from bootcamp if so that's messed up, i still feel the afteraffects. lol

CAR
01-27-05, 10:57 PM
I think they are starting to helicopter the recruits to the top so they get a good view, then they fly them over the route they would have taken in the past. Off to the chow halll for a good hot meal and then to the Holiday Inn for a good nights rest.:)

odc25
01-27-05, 11:49 PM
Honestly IGOTGLOCKS at the moment and current world affairs I dont think they will have any problem giving you your MOS ( Infantry ) because we are in need and also as said before .. first make it through boot camp man! good luck!

AshleyMS
01-28-05, 12:04 AM
I wouldnt worry about it too much. What you need to be worrying about right now is making sure you are in good physical shape and ready to go to bootcamp. You need to focus on that right now, because if you dont make it through then you dont have to worry about which MOS you will be getting.