PDA

View Full Version : Assault Rifles

IGOTGLOCKS
01-26-05, 07:58 PM
If you are a marine can you purchase a assault rifle in california I know in california civillians can own a fab-10 which is a m4 but with the clip casing welded shut. But I was wondering if military can purchase assault rifles like police officers can?

yellowwing
01-26-05, 09:03 PM
Gun laws vary from state to state. The best authority would be the local gun shop owner. Salesmenship, and then local regulations are his forte!

Bring down all the documentation that you think you might need.

And 'fer gosh-sakes buy something bigger than a .380! ;)

Nagalfar
01-26-05, 10:05 PM
I would like to make a suggestion, it may seem small but you are in fact helping the anti-gunners just by using the term "Assault Rifle".... I rifle can not assault anything.. that is determined by the user of any given weapon, knife, club, gun, or pencil..

Assault;

A violent physical or verbal attack.

1. A military attack, such as one launched against a fortified area or place.
2. The concluding stage of an attack in which close combat occurs with the enemy.

# Law.

1. An unlawful threat or attempt to do bodily injury to another.
2. The act or an instance of unlawfully threatening or attempting to injure.

Weapons are not able to do any of the above.. it is only a term to describe and make more offensive particular groups of weapons, but none the less it is very effective in courts, and with people who have no understanding of weapons..

The gun control crowd uses this term to describe anything they desire to make it a lot more easy to ban, Ca. and N.Y. being proof that.. as far as I know, only Police and "Special Agencies" are exempt from the weapons ban in Ca.

IGOTGLOCKS
01-26-05, 10:54 PM
Thats a good point.

hrscowboy
01-27-05, 04:01 AM
assault rifles WTF only babys that cant shoot worth a damn have them. Get you an M-14 and see what you can do.. as far as i am concerned there is no reason what so ever for anyone to own a assault rifle other than law enforcement what so ever. And i dont want to hear any bullcrap about we need assault rifles to target shoot with. You can bet i can put your running lights out at 500 yard with a M-14 faster than you can with an assault rifle...

snipowsky
01-27-05, 04:07 AM
Oh boy! I have no comment on the above statement, except I'm a fan of the M-14 too.:D

MelloYello
01-28-05, 07:28 PM
7.62mm...ahhhh *drools* Can't wait til I am old enough to buy my own.

yellowwing
01-28-05, 07:59 PM
For home defence shotguns seem really nice. Seriously if the evil-doer is 500 yards away how do you explain to the Sheriff you felt you that had to take him down?

It's a much easier police report, "He was in my front room, and my 00 took him out. I felt my life was in danger."

greensideout
01-28-05, 08:16 PM
Wipe your mouth Yello. What do you plan to use the 7.62mm (.308 win) for? Do you plan to hunt or maybe join a shooting club?

Don't know how old you are but if you are near time to join the Marines, get your *drools* off my screen!

If you plan to buy a rifle, also plan to use it well and with good purpose! Find a shooting club and learn the basics. Punching bulls in the 10 ring is a lot of fun.

airframesguru
01-28-05, 08:24 PM
My dad (USMC 67-68) always wanted a M-14. Neither of us could afford it then. Some day I would really like to have one. He talked highly about it.

Lestat
01-29-05, 07:40 PM
Question: Doesnt the USMC use the M-14 for the Designated Marksman Rifle?
Yes the M-14 is a superb weapon. If I had the money to I would buy one for personal use(hunting)

p8ntballsnipr1
01-30-05, 07:41 PM
having shot both the M-14 and the M-4 i woudl prefer the M-14 over the M-4 carbine, becuase the M-14 is nothing short of a snipers rifle

RLeon
01-30-05, 09:16 PM
Ooh my favorite subject...even though the Assualt Weapons Ban (which had nothing to do with automatic weapons, which were banned years before the Clinton ban) has gone away, states like California and New York still follow the same kinds of laws.
Check here http://nraila.org/GunLaws/ to get the scoop.
Lucky for me I live in GA and can have all kinds of goodies on my weapons...Man I love the 2nd amendment...btw according to the government the M14/M1A is considered an assault weapon.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v446/echo4lima/digtal1.jpg
here's my M1A...notice it's in post ban configuration...no bayonet lug...

IGOTGLOCKS
01-31-05, 05:14 PM
Lucky...What I would give to own a m4 or AR15 but unfortunatly I live in California.:(