PDA

View Full Version : 14 days till Bootcamp

FordSVT
01-24-05, 07:52 PM
I leave 20050207 MOS 0530

I can't wait to be a Marine!

yellowwing
01-24-05, 08:07 PM
Outstanding young man. 0530 is that a communications MOS? Where are you heading San Diego or Parris Island?

HardJedi
01-24-05, 08:11 PM
well, good luck! be carefull these last 14 day's, don't do anything silly to jeprodize your chances.

TRLewis
01-24-05, 08:59 PM
The best thing you can do is lock yourself in a closet....oh wait this isnt the earthquake drill.

Good luck, remember you can do nothing right in boot camp. And when you do, dont smile about it.

I'm also hijacking your thread, because i too leave in two weeks.

LivinSoFree
01-24-05, 09:01 PM
Pumped? I know I was!

yellowwing
01-24-05, 09:17 PM
Yes, smirking in Boot Camp is frowned upon. You wiil pay dearly! I smirked once, and only once. Ouch!

snipowsky
01-24-05, 10:19 PM
Goodluck Poolee! Wish you well!

aktual
01-25-05, 02:50 AM
Remember, it's only the first few weeks that are the hard part. Also, the drill instructors are paid to hate you, it's nothing personal :evilgrin:

Live chow to chow, get slain in-between!

Good luck, recruit.

HardJedi
01-25-05, 07:34 AM
that living chow to chow is good advice, thats what I did. ( or tried to do)

jinelson
01-25-05, 08:23 AM
FordSVT Good Luck poolee we will expect a full report when you return. The Marines here have posted some very solid advice, follow it.

Namvet67
01-25-05, 09:18 AM
Those yellow foot prints will be larger than life soon....good luck and give it your best shot....Semper Fi

lucien2
01-25-05, 09:25 AM
Do what they tell you as fast as you can. Let the BS go in one ear and out the other! Good Luck recruit!

DuckSauce
01-25-05, 02:13 PM
Good luck fellow Poolees

'Welbaum

killer1on1
01-25-05, 05:03 PM
joining my beloved Marine Corps all i have to say is STANDBY!!!! Poolee welbaum the question is are you ready to become a United States Marine?? hope you are joining the Infantry! Semper Fi all the way until you die!

FordSVT
01-25-05, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by LivinSoFree
Pumped? I know I was!

Oh yeah, I've never wanted anything this much.

I'm going to San Diego and my MOS is Data Systems.

DuckSauce
01-26-05, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by killer1on1
joining my beloved Marine Corps all i have to say is STANDBY!!!! Poolee welbaum the question is are you ready to become a United States Marine?? hope you are joining the Infantry! Semper Fi all the way until you die!

Hey Killer, how'd this get turned around on me? :D

Lance Corporal, I've wanted to be a Marine since 8th grade, I get my chance in June. Can't wait.

Sorry no infantry either, MOS 60xx fo me!

AshleyMS
01-26-05, 02:54 PM
Good Luck to you! I hope that you are taking all the advice to heart because everything that the Marines on this site are true. Move fast, well extremely fast, dont show expression basically, and NEVER call your rifle a gun. The first couple weeks are the hardest, and never give up. The D.I.s will never give up on you even if you might give up on yourself. Stay motivated and as long as you have the desire and heart to become a Marine, you can do it Oh and never volunteer for anything either...I made that mistake once....never did it again. Just like someone mentioned on here, live chow to chow, some people lived Sunday to Sunday but I did chow to chow. Tell people to write you, positive letters, tell them not to put anything on the outside of the envelope like I love you or anything like that, because you will pay dearly for that! Good Luck and Semper Fi!!

Namvet67
01-26-05, 03:50 PM
Good advise AshleyMS....

THATFEMALE
01-26-05, 04:23 PM
Good luck Poolee. Remember what you there to accomplish and don't let anyone or anything stand in your way. It's all, about teamwork. And yes, it's okay to cry when the EGA is finally placed in your hand! Semper FI!

AshleyMS
01-26-05, 09:15 PM
Thank you gbudd, and I agree with THATFEMALE about it being ok to cry when you have that EGA in your hand, everyone does. If anyone says that they didnt cry when it was finally placed in their hands then they are a liar, I have never met anyone that said they didnt atleast shed a tear when they finally were able to hold that EGA in their hands. Its understandable and when you look your D.I.s eyes you can tell that they are proud of you. That had the biggest impact on me, I still remember what that look in my D.I.s eyes. That is something you will never forget, something you will always cherish until the day you die. Never in my life have I had that same feeling as I did on that day. So if you want to cry dont try to hold back just let it go. Semper Fi

SgtMajor_Lee
01-29-05, 06:43 PM
don't look your drill instructors in the eyes just look through them and i cried when they put the EGA in my hand so it is ok and don't ever ever say I or me or you. semper fi and good luck

AshleyMS
01-29-05, 09:59 PM
Yeah never look your D.I.s in the eyes, but I know when I accepted the EGA I looked in the eyes of my D.I.s, even though I had already known not to but I couldnt help it, and I was able to see that they were proud of me. Thanks for putting that "I, ME, YOU" in there, I completely forgot to mention that.

hoytarcher45
01-29-05, 10:13 PM
I think the most moving part of boot camp wasnt finishing the crucible or getting the EGA or any of that. For me it was on that last 5 mile formation run around Parris Island. When our platoon was running by the receiving building and i looked down to see my feet, running over those yellow footprints...thats when it hit me as to just how far Id come. To think that I was standing there in the dark, in civies, and scared S***LESS three months ago. OO-RAH!!!

AshleyMS
01-29-05, 10:24 PM
OO-RAH!!!!! When it hits you it hits you hard doesnt it hoy?!!

schoolcircle
01-29-05, 10:50 PM
Good luck, welcome the change. Remember every minute or, you wll look back and wish you had.

FordSVT
05-10-05, 06:30 PM
I'm a Marine! Graduated May 6th from MCRD San Diego. I'm on my 10 day boot leave then it's back to California for MCT. I have to say bootcamp was very hard but also the most fun I've ever had, I can't wait to get back for more and to hang out with my buddies. Thanks to everyone for all the advice I got before I went in. Semper Fi!

2nd BN Echo Co. Plt 2070
1st Initial PFT
1st Final PFT
1st Final Drill
2nd Initial Drill
2nd Prac Test
Series and Company Honorman
Honor Platoon
:D

jinelson
05-10-05, 06:57 PM
Welcome home brother and congratulations Marine and if you were the series and company honorman then my Marine Corps promoted you to Pfc and if if thats a fact you are out of uniform brother. Ya better edit your profile and get those chevrons showing. Welcome to the brotherhood.

Semper Fi
Jim
:marine: :banana:

iowasurfer2
05-10-05, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by SgtMajor_Lee
don't look your drill instructors in the eyes just look through them and i cried when they put the EGA in my hand so it is ok and don't ever ever say I or me or you. semper fi and good luck

So, you meant tell me, SGTMAJ LEE, that after you finished the Crucible, they handed you an EGA? The crucible didn't exist when SGTMAJ Lee was in boot, and there was no Emblem Ceremony and no SGTMAJ I've ever met, or would care to meet, would desecrate the EAGLE, GLOBE, and ANCHOR by calling it an EGA. Nice try, I see you fooled a few poolees, but I'm noy buyin it.

jinelson
05-10-05, 07:35 PM
Good eye bro he was a fake and is no longer among us

Future-USMC-LT
05-10-05, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by aktual
Remember, it's only the first few weeks that are the hard part. Also, the drill instructors are paid to hate you, it's nothing personal :evilgrin:

Live chow to chow, get slain in-between!

Good luck, recruit.

It'll probably go a lot faster if you live chow to chow.

boss302
05-11-05, 02:50 PM
Congrats.

Master Sephiroth
05-12-05, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by iowasurfer2

So, you meant tell me, SGTMAJ LEE, that after you finished the Crucible, they handed you an EGA? The crucible didn't exist when SGTMAJ Lee was in boot, and there was no Emblem Ceremony and no SGTMAJ I've ever met, or would care to meet, would desecrate the EAGLE, GLOBE, and ANCHOR by calling it an EGA. Nice try, I see you fooled a few poolees, but I'm noy buyin it.

Good one Sergeant :D! I knew it looked a little wierd to have a former Sgt. Maj. MC. on a message board. The Crucible was introduced in '96 if I recall correctly. So that must mean that he made Sgt. Maj. in 3 years. *rolls eyes*

Kaziganthi
05-12-05, 01:34 PM
Ford SVT did you know somone in your company named Alex Bruffy? He went to my school and graduated the same company and got 2nd in a lot of stuff. If so send me a PM please.

iowasurfer2
05-12-05, 02:58 PM
Yeah, Agent Smith, SgtMaj Lee was the SgtMajMC when I, as a Cpl, helped build the crucible on Camp Pendleton. So, maybe he did an honorary run through, to break it in!!! Yeah right.

sgt.r.n.davis
05-12-05, 06:09 PM
It looks like your good to go! have a very knowledgeable and life long memories. All that you learn will stay with you forever! and remember everyone will be counting on you ,and we stand behind you every step of the way.
I found that the best way not to look in to the drill instructor's eyes was just before he steps in front of you, pick out an object out across from you some where behind his back and focus on that it will keep your eyes fixed the whole time...