PDA

View Full Version : Would you? Rejoin and go fight in Iraq?

Sparrowhawk
10-15-02, 05:37 PM
Given the present circumstances, with Americans arising to protest the upcoming war in Iraq, if you could would you rejoin the Corps and willingly be deployed to the Middle East to participate in the war?

Forget the age, weight differences, etc. If you could would you go, understanding what you do about the war at this time?

Well Marines, understanding this and they are gearing up for that.

I would welcome the opportunity.

Cook

http://a799.ms.akamai.net/3/799/388/8c5541aae5b623/www.msnbc.com/modules/tvnews/nn_Saddam/images/target_iraq_arthead.jpg

Barrio_rat
10-15-02, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
Given the present circumstances, with Americans arising to protest the upcoming war in Iraq, if you could would you rejoin the Corps and willingly be deployed to the Middle East to participate in the war?

Yes.

Shaffer
10-15-02, 06:26 PM
I have recently had the opportunity to speak with few former Marines about this very issue. I asked them how they felt about the war with Afghanistan and with the potential showdown with Iraq.

A couple former Marines who were in the Gulf said they would not want anything to do with the war in Iraq, however they would sign back up to go to Afghanistan. I cannot fully understand their views as I never in the Gulf. I am sure my viewpoint may be considerably different had I been deployed. These marines site the government as being the reason the would not go back. They blame the US for many things. That part I can understand. certainly things could have and should have been handled differently in Iraq in the 1990-91. However my thoughts on this topic are more toward my ancestors and my band of brothers. Whether I believe in what the US is doing or where the US is sending us, I still will fight and die for this country. Regardless of what I believe, there are still going to me Marines over there. Marines that I would fight along side and cover their six for any reason. Marines that are fighting for the US whether they agree with why or where. I am sure there are many from every war that did not believe the US should be involved in that particular war. Yet they still went and fought and died. With Vietnam being the most prolific. I know there are probably many Nam vets on this board that didn't agree with going, yet still went.

I would not ask why or where. If I could pass a physical, my only question would be “where do I sign?”

Semper Fi,
Jerry

thedrifter
10-15-02, 06:43 PM
Yes!!!!!! I would gladly re-enlist. With the marines we have in here and knowing that my "6" will always be covered. The knowledge that we have learned from what we did, surely would save lives and get the job done right. Cook, I'll carry your ammo.

Sempers,

Roger

PS: I will make sure that our hooch has A/C..............LMAO

PSS: Just don't know if these old bones could handle it........LMAO

Sixguns
10-15-02, 06:47 PM
Some of us may not have a choice!! But I would gladly go!!

SF,

Barrio_rat
10-15-02, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Shaffer
[BA couple former Marines who were in the Gulf said they would not want anything to do with the war in Iraq, however they would sign back up to go to Afghanistan. I cannot fully understand their views as I never in the Gulf....

I would not ask why or where. If I could pass a physical, my only question would be “where do I sign?”

Semper Fi,
Jerry [/B]

Well, I was in the Gulf area... Can't say it was fun but I also was far from seein the worst of it. I'd still go. They may have to get with a tent and awning company to make the uniforms, but hell, ya'll could hide beind me. ;)

I too have had the discussions with buddies who are prior military, not just Marines, they'd all get up and go. That's a damn good thing to see and be around. Makes me proud to have done what I did. It wasn't much but at least it was somethin.

Semper Fi!

mrbsox
10-15-02, 07:25 PM
GOD

COUNTRY

CORPS

In that order. Without God, our great Nation would not have become a reality.

Without Country, there would not be a Corps to defend her shores.

Without the Corps, ....... too many possibilities.

Go again, serve again, make a difference again......

SEMPER FIDELIS.

More than a motto.
God Bless America, Land that I love.

I would die for my family, and they know I would die for my Country.

Terry.

Barndog
10-15-02, 07:46 PM
Plain and Simple:

SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI
"Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever"

Aint lettin my Bros goin in without Huey support. Fvck THAT.
HML-267 ROCKS

jwpetitt
10-15-02, 07:51 PM
YES SIR I WOULD GO IN A MILITARY MINUTE WITH NO QUESTIONS ASKED SEMPER-FI TO ALL. ALTHOUGH I DID MY 20 IF CALLED UPON I WOULD DO MY JOB TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY TO GOD CORPS AND COUNTRY ORRRAAAHHH JOHN W PETITT RET GYSGT :banana:

USMC 0300
10-15-02, 09:30 PM
Hell yes i would go back in a heart beat, have given thoughts of thought to going back in in the past few months.

USMC 0300
10-15-02, 09:32 PM
ok ok i screwed that last post up. I meant to say i have given lots of thought, guess i have had a few to many cold ones tonight, please forgive me.

USMC0311
10-15-02, 10:24 PM
YEP...I WILL BE A PATRIOT FOREVER

In the MEAN time I feel it is my DUTY to HONOR our Troops COURAGE and COMMITMENT, by squaring away them protesters. "Get Sum".."DO IT" ****'em ALL

NamNuts
10-15-02, 11:56 PM
Equipment check: 782 gear, M-14, K-Bar, 45, gernades, det cord, claymoorz(clacker in hand), Killin attitude, cane, hummer wheelchair,...MRE's(say what...C-Rats)

Okay; "Let's Roll"

BREAK......Ah after Mid-Rats

USMC-FO
10-16-02, 10:48 AM
As with the other Marines here, we are all Marines for life and where my brothers go I will go.

So gimpy knees, busted shoulder, and a jiggy ticker and all, sign me up....

Mount a SAW and laser pointer--to call in fire missions--on my walker and I am good to go!!

SEMPER FI !!

mark king
10-16-02, 10:57 AM
I WOULD LOVE TO GO BACK AND KICK SOME MORE AZZ!!!

SEMPER FI.

gemntx
10-16-02, 11:56 AM
I have no problems going back in. I know the cockpit will still fit.
Gunny, let me know when they're in and strapped in, we're ready to lift up here!:evilgrin:

Norton1
10-16-02, 03:27 PM
My job with the Air Force is to ensure Air Force families are taken care of while the troops go. I enjoy what I do and believe that I am making a bigger difference for the peace of mind of the 366th Gunfighters who will go.

Were I 17 again - I'd go - not to die for my country - but to ensure a lot of those who were opposed to it did. Just like the last time I went.

USMC0311
10-16-02, 04:46 PM
eat **** norton..
Ralph told me to say that

JAMarine
10-16-02, 04:58 PM
You DAMN Straight I would Cook, even with the disability.

I'd make sure all my girls are squared away and bring my son along for the ride. I may be busted inside but the Heart still beats in time.

I often wonder as I take my nightly walks across the tarmac (actually find myself marching rather than walking and whispering or in a low tone calling cadence); "Could I still make a difference? Could I still carry my load"? I just dream for the opportunity. And don't even attempt to tell me 'all' of you don't do and feel the same. If you do, I'll show you a fire] that has gone out inside you.

mrbsox almost said it all:

My God / My Faimly
My Country
My Corps

Without these, I would not be the Marine I am today. I would not be the Father I am today. I would not be the man I am today.

So we all Brothers and Sister must stand at the ready. Our Country and our Corps may never call on us again but our Family's and Communities are calling us right now.
Be Steady.
Be Vigilant.
Be at the READY.
Because these conflicts around the world have finally come home.

Semper Fi

arraxiss
10-16-02, 06:23 PM
I am glad to see that so many MARINES hold the oath we took seriously. I do not agree to many policies that the Goverment have in place at this time, but that has nothing to do with with the Brotherhood, we as Marines share. I would gladly stand beside any Marine, against any enemy foriegn or domestic, at anytime. Sign me up, issue weapon, count the bodies!!!!!!

Semper Fi forever,

Robert Helton 89/92

USMC-FO
10-16-02, 08:17 PM
0311 aka (RALPH..) You are hard "Corps" You are the man !! Here was poor "Norton" being honest and you bit him a new one !

Semper Fi Marine !!

USMC0311
10-16-02, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by USMC-FO
0311 aka (RALPH..) You are hard "Corps" You are the man !! Here was poor "Norton" being honest and you bit him a new one !

Semper Fi Marine !!

damn I ain't tryin to be hard Marine...I seen all that airfArce stuff and lost it...wtf iz politically correct in this situation????

Oh yeah
U 2 phunny Moween

Hey Rob!!
Semper Fi, Brother...good to see ya here Marine..

wrbones
10-17-02, 02:05 AM
If they'll put the old VIDS/MAFS back into play, I'd even work Maintenance Control again!

I'm in.

Major, I ain't no Gunny, but as soon as those grunts quit screwin around, I'll give ya a holler! Raise the ramp, and close the doors, they can strap in while yer liftin!

VietVet
10-17-02, 07:06 AM
Yes Sir, Present and Accounted for. We've already had the opportunity to end this thing. Let's go in to WIN and not pussy foot around like we have in the past.

8th&I Marine
10-17-02, 08:24 AM
You bet yer arse i would at the drop of a hat. Already tried but my age and time of beiong out of the service says no i cant. that aint fair.

cantrell

MillRatUSMC
10-17-02, 11:44 AM
Iraq is trying to get weapons of mass destruction.
North Korea on the other hand, claims to have two nuclear bombs.
We've been looking in the wrong place.
There's more danger in the Far East, than the Middle East.
Shades of Korea 1950.
I pray that those fools don't get the wrong idea.
And try to invade South Korea in the near future.
They been at this game since 1994.
So this happened while several presidents and their governments were in office.
Dereliction of duty.

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

D_S_Layton
10-17-02, 01:16 PM
Absolutely. Have been talking with my local recuiter about reenlisting in the PSEP program. Don't even mind losing a stripe to go, and this time I don't have my ex-wife to make me get out!!! Need to lose 15 lbs since I got fat and over my max weight (181).

Norton1
10-18-02, 08:46 AM
LMAO - Too funny -

And I'm not "poor Norton" - I made my choice and stated my views - still funny - -

House Mouse
10-20-02, 05:59 PM
Just make sure we don't run out of ammo and I know I'll get my share of ragheads.

This time I think we should get a little bonus for each one we get. Like maybe a free oil change, or something.

Ed Rosado
10-20-02, 06:50 PM
Its not about Iraq,Its about being a Marine and responding when the time comes.When the USA calls,all Marines come forward.

ivalis
10-20-02, 06:51 PM
I'm ready to follow the chickenhawks, ie: Bush, Cheney, Rice, Wolfwitz, as soon as they don some camos.

Otherwize, sounds like another oil war to me and i don't own any stock in the industry. Figure we should be more worried bout hezbolla than Iraq. We can't even controll Afghanistan. WTF!

How come Iraq was never mentioned by president sissy boy untill a couple of months before the election?

The whole idea of invading Iraq is absurd. Count me out.

Laamie
10-21-02, 02:21 AM
Unless they had an Old Farts Battalion, than I'd go.

I'd be more of a hinderance than a help to these young Marines & I'm afraid I have developed a lousy attitude toward authority.

Hell, the HAWKS are no more. Wonder if they got any old dogs I could shotgun for?

Yah, right Gunny, you go take that camel-I'm staying here until I can get Fido a new pair of K-9's.
S/F,
Shotgun for "Gummer":banana: :marine:

SgtMXDBerry
10-21-02, 03:26 PM
Why not! Any day the US Marines sends somebody to meet the grim reaper is a good day. I would re-up in a heartbeat.

Sgt Marcus Berry
Former USMC

CAS3
10-21-02, 04:34 PM
I went on line and tried to re-up. I still have not heard anything yet.
I did this a few months ago before the sh*t hit the fan!:marine:

MAGTF 4-90
10-21-02, 05:34 PM
Damn straight, tried to go the first time, kept putting in request forms only to be shot down. I guess I was needed were I was at, In the Phillipines fighting the clap. My heart sinks every time I hear a Marine KIA.

Semper Fi

Douglas:marine: