PDA

View Full Version : The Pathos of the Pathetic

thedrifter
01-22-05, 07:13 AM
The Pathos of the Pathetic
January 21, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
by Bob Newman
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today was a glorious day to celebrate democracy again. I watched the inauguration from my living room, where an annoying bout of acute bronchitis had marooned me. But it wasn’t all fun and games, as I nearly died laughing and coughing and gagging at the same time when the camera swung to the protesters. I may have actually coughed up part of a lung.

The protestors from A.N.S.W.E.R. ( Act Now to Stop War & End Racism) were along the parade route, holding their little signs and trying to get a chant going. I was embarrassed for the group because nowhere near the 10,000 promised by the fascist organization bothered to show up. An estimated 1,500 is all that dared show their frowning faces. This pathetic turnout was drowned out by the throngs of pro-freedom well wishers celebrating the two newest democratic nations, Iraq and Afghanistan, and how they have followed in America’s footsteps.

A.N.S.W.E.R. wasn’t the only pro-tyranny group to suffer humiliation. The A.C.L.U. (founded by Marxist anti-Semite Roger Baldwin) failed miserably to achieve its frantic goal of getting 100,000 schmucks to sign their pedantic “I Refuse To Surrender My Freedom” petition on its website. Human Rights Watch wailed on its website about how evil America is. Barbara Boxer busied herself re-reading Orwell’s 1984 and stroking the head of her inflatable Ho Chi Minh doll. Howard Dean worked on his scream. John Kerry just sobbed over his map of Cambodia, where he once thought he was.

I get hundreds of emails each day from fans and not-quite fans. One was from some poor slob lamenting the events of the day in Washington. He just couldn’t grasp the importance of such a day and what it means, so I explained to him that the inauguration is a manifestation of freedom. He’s probably still scratching his head over that one. Nor could he possibly understand that I would also have celebrated today had John Kerry been elected. Some concepts are just so complex.

Oh and how the hatred flowed from the leftist media pundits, their venomous barbs falling upon two types of ears: those attached to the heads of the mindless dolts who just don’t get it, and those attached to the heads of the realists who have woken up and smelled the cordite. Talking heads on CNN and MSNBC focused on the tiny minority of anti-democracy squawkers yearning for a good riot (but not having a clue how to get one going), whereas FOX News Channel focused on the true meaning of the day, although I know Alan Colmes was near tears. Only a moron couldn’t see how CNN and MSNBC were trying their best to make the audience think the streets were awash with anti-American hate mongers. In the end, it was sad to see journalists prostrate themselves before the altar of extremism.

But tomorrow the sun will rise and the people of Iraq, despite the best efforts of Kerry, Boxer, Kennedy, Dean, Pelosi and their ilk, will be one step closer to their dream. And here in America, the free will rejoice in the knowledge that even those Americans who loath the idea of free choice will be able to say whatever they wish about the 20 th of January, 2005.

The best part, of course, is how the intellectual midgets on the left can’t grasp the irony of their ignorance and naïveté.

Bob Newman

Ellie

yellowwing
01-22-05, 07:32 AM
...intellectual midgets on the left...
Now that I take offense to! We are not intellectual midgets. We just can't seem to get our sh*t together, that's all! But if we ever do, LOOK OUT! :banana:

HardJedi
01-22-05, 08:23 AM
that was a pretty good read. who IS bob Newman anyway? who does he work for?

and Yellowing, my FAVORITE-est liberal in the world? I wouldn't call you a mental midget. ( maybe self-lobotomized, but that different! LMAO!)

SCORE ONE FOR ME! ROFL! :D

(as always, just kidding)

jo1753
01-22-05, 09:34 AM
I don't know.... But if I remember history back when I was in school.............Nowhere do I remember other countries coming to our rescue when we wanted to break away from British rule....!!! We had to pretty much stand and fight that ourselves with a little help from the French. Just last night I was watching a show on our Presidents on the history Channel. A part of this showed an interview with Gerald Ford. Who was our President back in 1975 He went on to say how his hands were tied because Congress wouldn't offer one red cent to the war effort. And this was the reason we pulled out of Vietnam in 1975. But Congress at the same time would contribute money there for humanitarion reasons only.
Was I the only one who watch the presidential debates...? When our newly elected president not only tried but succeeded when he used the fact. " HE " sent our troops into Iraq ill equipted. During the debates he managed to twist that completely around and made it sound like Kerry was the one who sent these troops in there. Then some time later on everyone remembers the comment Rumsfield made to the troops........... Like that was a news flash, and we in the real world had no clue....!!! All he did at that time was confirm what everyone else know months before. And that was........... Yes the Bush Administration did in fact send our troops there ill equipted. But by that time the election was over and most people forgot what we were told when this all started. This was going to last only days maybe weeks at the most. If I do not sound like a GOOD American I'm sorry. I served honorably and did one tour of duty in Nam. I'm just real tired of politicians who have no battle experience at all fighting our wars. When we have people who've dedicated their lives to doing just that. In 1991 we as a Country did a bang up job in the golf. Anyone have any idea why we did....?
Because unlike Vietnam and now Iraq..... Our country let the people who lived and breathed war stats the ( pentagon ) do their jobs. And this is why we had a war that lasted days not months or years. Isn't it stupid to have experts at hand and not listen to them.
I'm a OTR truck Driver, have been for many years and to me it would be like hiring me to move you across country. Then somewhere along the way when your still planning this move. You decide to have your grandmother drive the truck. But at the same time you still want me in an advisory capacidy only. With no power to do or say anything. except suggest....Semper-Fi

yellowwing
01-22-05, 09:44 AM
Well it took a Prussian General to get those lads in 1775 into fighting shape. It was only when the French resupplied us at Yorktown, that we ended the Revoluitonary war.

If King George got his lads resupplied first the war would have gone on much longer. But we would have still prevailed!