new marine here, graduated PFC at San Diego on January 14th :marine:

Hoorah! :D

thedrifter
01-20-05, 01:56 PM
Congratulations Marine!

Ellie

Namvet67
01-20-05, 02:02 PM
Welcome to the band of brothers Marine...Was it as tough as you thought it was going to be?

B A Hall
01-20-05, 02:32 PM
Congradulations Marine Semper Fi

OLE SARG
01-20-05, 02:35 PM
Congrats MARINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI,

OLE SARG

lucien2
01-20-05, 02:42 PM
Semper Fi....now serve faithfully and KILL something!

jinelson
01-20-05, 03:17 PM
Welcome aboard Marine, congratulations you earned it!

Semper Fidelis
Jim

Toby M
01-20-05, 03:19 PM
Welcome to the club Marine! As you have noticed, we don't let just anyone in...

yellowwing
01-20-05, 03:21 PM
Congratulations Marine! :marine:

Now you can pass on some wisdom to all these poolees and DEP kids. Did they have a New Years Eve party in San Diego? :banana:

Yellowwing
Parris Island 1983

schoolcircle
01-20-05, 03:21 PM
Outstanding Marine. Good luck in all that you persue.

vfm
01-20-05, 03:52 PM
Congratulations MARINE.
Outstanding making Pfc out of boot.
SEMPER FI!!!
vfm

Nagalfar
01-20-05, 04:47 PM
Congradulations Marine, well done!
Semper Fi

Jarhed
01-21-05, 09:40 AM
Semper Fidelis BROTHER!

Remember your training, suck in as much training as you can possibly stomach. Use it because it's there to save your life and make you a much more effective killer!

Use your time in the Corps wisely and never miss an opportunity to show your leaders your proficiency in your job. Study every MCI course available to you while your buddies are out getting drunk, YOU'LL be the one that stands out, YOU'LL be the one meritoriously promoted!

Congratulations!!!

Koble_USMC
01-21-05, 10:45 AM
Congrats Marine!!! Keep hard charging!!

LT

aktual
01-22-05, 02:19 AM
Thanks for the welcome Marines, glad to be one of the few -- Hoorah! :marine:

gbudd - No, training wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, but it wasn't easy by any means whatsoever. I was definitely challenged, and I know that not just anyone can make it. In fact, by graduation time, half of my original platoon had dropped. The hard part was the mental part and dealing with all the stresses the DIs threw at us, and practically never getting a real break or recuperation time. The hardest part is being treated like dirt and having to like it. The environment of recruit training for 3 months is something I'd rather not go through again anytime soon! Of course, it feels great being on the other side now, as a fully-fledged Marine -- Hoorah! Can't wait to get to infantry training.

lucien2 - Yep, a bit more training and then I get to go kill stuff

yellowwing - Nope, no New Years Eve party, but our Senior did throw us some candy/cookies during mail call, which was as close to a "party" as we ever got during recruit training. On the Marine Corps birthday we had good eatin', as well as on Christmas. Don't let the recruiters fool you DEPers, all days in recruit training are hard, through and through, until the day you graduate (some days are just extra hard!).

Jarhed - Thanks for the encouragement and advice.

I've got a few questions to ask before I go back to SOI in a few days. Any kind of responses will certainly be appreciated. I'll ask them in another thread tomorrow (I'm too tired from living-it-up to type them right now, time to hit the rack!)

Night Brothers and Sisters