PDA

View Full Version : Prisoner abuse.

USA&CSA
01-20-05, 12:46 PM
Prisoner abuse!

This makes me sick to see that Army SPC Charles Graner got 10 years for this. While working at the VA I have had the privilege to listen to some stories from former POW’s.

First, This Veteran was known as Grandpa Frank, he came to the VA sometimes just to visit. He told me that he was a POW during WWII in Japan. He showed me a picture of himself when he was released (very sad picture). He stated that he was about 170lbs when he was captured and when he was released he only weight 80lbs. He told me how he had fought for his country and in return got nothing. He fought for years to receive a SC disability for the conditions he suffered while a POW and one day in 2002 he came in to the VA and was very excited that he finally received 100% SC disability with all the back pay. Sadly he died 1year later.

Another Veteran of WWII stated that as a POW he was feed biscuits with maggots in them. I work in the Gastroenterology department at the VA and one day over heard Veterans in the waiting room (waiting for a colonoscopy that is probably why he was reminded of this.) one Veteran stated that the Japanese would make some of the POW’s strip down and set on a bamboo tree stump and tied down so they couldn’t move and then the bamboo would grow up in YOU KNOW WERE and they would die.

These stories are a lot worse then what these prisoner’s got. OH and WHAT ABOUT THE BATTON DEATH MARCH????? DID ANYONE CRY FOUL PLAY THEN??

I THINK NOT.

JUST MY THOUGHTS.

:mad:

lucien2
01-20-05, 02:46 PM
Totally agree with you, so what if some "doggies" stripped tham and took pictures? They cut off our citizens heads while they are alive! I have never met a Muslim I liked, ever.

hrscowboy
01-20-05, 04:55 PM
gentlemen what makes you think that our servicemen and service women should stoop to atrocities like the enemy does to our serviceman? does it make it right ? The bottom line is that graner was told and warned several times about his conduct and he kept on doing what he thought was right to find out he was wrong. Now graner being a prison guard knew damn well if he had tried that crap in an american prison he would have had his ass killed in a New York minute by some inmate. As Marines we are not trained to be abusive, our job is too get the misson done and do it the correct way our NCOs or Staff NCOs instruct us. I dont feel sorry for graner and his men one damn bit he did the crime and now he will pay for it the rest of his life. enuff said.

USA&CSA
01-20-05, 05:01 PM
hrscowboy,

I do see you point too.

Sparky1833
01-20-05, 05:21 PM
Does, a college eniciation [ parden my spelling ] like that of there prisoners, warrent the punishment of Our Sons and Daughters. I say " HELL NO " it happens in every college probably in the U.S.A. not a big deal! But let them kill there own Chirldren, and Women, and nobody cares. to me that makes no sence at all. Its the media who should be barred from coverage of "any war". All we have to do is look back to my war Viet-Nam, and look what happened. If reporters were with us, we would all be in jail, and I would be there with a smile on my face! God Bless the United States!!!! Sparky1833 Semper_fi

ivalis
01-20-05, 05:29 PM
Now that Saddam is in jail he is no longer killing Iraqi women & children, that's our job.

djsmarinemom
01-20-05, 05:41 PM
Wow you gave me a new outlook on this subject. He didn't hurt them just embarrassed them. At least he didn't drag them through the streets and burn them or cut off their heads. 10 years is way to long to get for embarrassing someone. Maybe taking rank and money or just putting him out of the service but 10 years in prison? Maggy

Patty_McOorah
01-20-05, 05:42 PM
I agree that the media should not be allowed to show anything from any war. Like that young marine who not only saved his behind, but those of the guys to his left and right by blasting that towel head who was crying wolf. They caught it on film, and now the liberals are off on a witch hunt. Being out on the Embassy program, I have been approached by many reporters, and it takes all I have in me not to take their camera, pen, or taperecorder and shove it where the sun dont shine. The press is slime.

yellowwing
01-20-05, 05:50 PM
I'll know you'll stand fast Cpl Patty~We have the best training and warriors!

I'm sure the press isn't the only threat out where you are now. We don't need to give the media a freebie in Romania!

Semper Fi! :marine:

Patty_McOorah
01-20-05, 05:56 PM
They are even worse out here than in the states. Over here, than can make anything they want up. There are really no laws that govern what the media can and cant say. Like that accident we had over here with one of the marines, the media really tried to make him look like satan himself. One headline in the papers here after the Presidential Elections read, "How can 53 million Americans be so stupid, for a second time?"

hrscowboy
01-20-05, 09:31 PM
then answer this question why have half the men that where in on this abuse already plead guilty and are serving time if in fact this man didnt do this.. buttom line he thought he was a big shot and the rules didnt abide to him and his men. geneva convention spells it all out ladies and gentlemen what you can do and what you cannot. The UCMJ also says what kind of crime this is and he got nailed for it. Granted i have seen a lot of what the enemy can do and have done when i was in Nam and i have seen just like you what they have done to our people in Irag and i am a believer of an eye for eye and a tooth for a tooth but graner thought he had to take pictures of all this so he could put it in a scrap book and brag his ass off on what he done to these people and those pictures got into the wrong hands. buttom line is you due the crime you better be ready to do the time...another thought all these other men that have pled quilty to this incident have never said a damn word about being ordered to this by there superiors other than graner... enuff said...

ivalis
01-20-05, 09:47 PM
go get em cowboy. <br />
<br />
half or better of those jailed at abu grahib were later released without any charges. (the usual subjects i imagine) <br />
<br />
those released are certainly going to become good will...

greensideout
01-20-05, 09:59 PM
Just don't take prisoners and then you don't have to put up with this crap!

yellowwing
01-20-05, 10:32 PM
Ten years is not enough if you factor in the Public Relations fiasco, whoever was responsible. Except for our old and trusted colonial allies, the rest of the coalition is sending in only a few hundred troops.

Chr*tsakes, even my Canuckistan is sitting out Iraq. But we have a parliamentry system with our own coalition factions. The current Prime Minister does not have a majority, and has to suck *ss to keep the government together. At least we've made good on Afghanistan.

hrscowboy
01-20-05, 10:49 PM
Atrocities.... Outrageous, wicked or cruelty of enormous proportions.. (Websters Dictionary)

Now i think that when you strip men down to nothing and tell them your going to beat them, and rape them, make human piramides and take pictures of them to humiliate them its an atrocity... and graner got what he should have got.

USA&CSA
01-21-05, 09:04 AM
Hey, Thanks for all the input, guess I should have checked into it more (as it looks). I is great to heard what everyone else thinks.
Again thanks alot.