PDA

View Full Version : Only 18 Days - not 37 !

marinemom
01-20-05, 08:34 AM
Okay - phone rang - 0600 - tigger and the 3/1 are no longer at Fallujah - relieved by 3/4 and now happily sitting on their butts at Camp Abu Ghraib waiting for transport to Kuwait and from there a flight back to Pendleton - ETA is now January 28th.

This means that tigger will be home on February 4th - all in one piece and ready to make me more nuts than I am now for the next 30 days. Remember, I am not responsible for anything I say while he is home, Cook and Gary.

Best thing about the new camp - they got to do laundry! Actually got to take a shower and sit at a mess hall dining table for 3 meals in a row.

Once again, he said to thank all of you for your prayers - me, too.
We really appreciated that more than you folks will ever know.

mrbsox
01-20-05, 08:40 AM
:marine: :D :marine:

Good news indeed !!
Keep us posted

thedrifter
01-20-05, 08:41 AM
Great news....

marinemom since we are moms, I don't think it stops, children driving parents crazy...;)

God Bless...
Still in my thoughts and prayers..

Ellie

jinelson
01-20-05, 08:44 AM
Great News I am very happy to hear his tour is coming to an end and a safe one at that.

Jim

yellowwing
01-20-05, 08:48 AM
Fan-freakin-tastic! :marine:

Sparrowhawk
01-20-05, 08:49 AM
Give him a hero’s welcome for us.

We're proud of him and a hand salute for a job well done.

Above all things tell him to keep tabs on the buddies he served with; you keep a list also if you can.

Years from now, when he looks back in life and wonders what he has contributed to this world and what his life has meant, he'll have those names to call on and reflect back and share those moments of life when Marines stood together in the battlefields of life and held their own.

Marines that drank from the same canteen, and made a difference in life for themselves and for others. That's what it's all about, what counts in life, what's important and what makes America great.

Let him enjoy life he has fought for it.

"For Those Who Have fought For It, Life Has A Flavor, The Protected Will Never Know. " Republic of Vietnam, Hill 65, June 1967

Semper Fi

Cook

Toby M
01-20-05, 09:47 AM
Makes me think about my mom and wife and how excited they must have been when I came home from my tour. For me, it wasn't final until I held my wife and son...That was a long time ago but I'm glad to see that same level of excitement again!!!

Osotogary
01-20-05, 10:43 AM
Terrific news and pardon the late response. I know that you have been through this before but it's always special isn't it?
I keep thinking what my DOD son said to me about a month ago. He said, "Dad, I am your son but I am not the son you last knew."
Wheww!!
Take care and I realize that you are no longer responsible for the things that you will say while he is home. I am sure that you will be on your best behavior.:)
Fortune is smiling on you. Hang on for the ride.