01-17-2005 <br />
<br />
Hack's Target <br />
<br />
We Can Still Win

Osotogary
01-19-05, 06:54 AM
We can still win?
What does that title imply? (Negative Title)
For some reason this whole article just pizzed me off. How many American lives have been lost to ineptitude of, what I call, politically correct/watch my fanny decision makers?
If there is an area that has tunnels......blow it up.
If there is a building that houses armaments......blow it up.
Why risk American lives?
I think that we have "****** around way too long". Fight to win, using any means possible and then come home and shore up these United States.
I don't have two cents so this is just my opinion based on what I have read and what I have seen on the tube.

Koble_USMC
01-19-05, 07:41 AM
I hate to break it to you Osotogary but you cant just blow sh*t up whenever you feel like. In this day and age of warfighting, with everything being televised and politicians planning even the most minute factors of warfare, it is not possible to just blow things up. As the American people witness through the almost unrestricted journalism in Iraq, the things that we need to do to squash the insurrection would only further kill public opinion. And although I hate to admit it, public opinion controls military policy. War was never meant to be televised. Just my opinion too, not trying to bust you in the chops.

Ductus Exemplo,

LT

Osotogary
01-19-05, 07:50 AM
Understood, Koble_USMC.
I agree with you most certainly under the guidelines that are now actively in place. I just hate to see the needless waste of American lives.
Note: You didn't bust my chops. I rolled with the punch. LOL
Thanks for your input.

HardJedi
01-19-05, 08:08 AM
well, Ihave to agree with ostogary. and admit the Koble is right.

It's to late to do it now, but in he future, reporters should be pretty much banned from anywhere there is conflict, untill after ALL fightiing is over. I realise that people would throw a fit about this, but hell, just tell em it's too dangerous or something, or arrange to have a few of those jounalists to be casualties, and not as many of em will want to go cover it so close. then again, maybe they would want to. stupipd people, carrying cameras and tape recorders into the middle of a battle.

Sparrowhawk
01-19-05, 08:38 AM
If so, we would lose, because public opinion is the majority of the time slanted toward a liberal thinking, because of the way the public is protrayed by the media and how the questions are asked. <br />

Sparrowhawk
01-19-05, 08:47 AM
Blow the S hit out of everything, that's what Isreal does and if innocent civilians are killed in the process lay the blame on the insurgents, who used that house, building for their weapons, supplies and to stay in.

What stopped us before is because we were too selective, trying to prevent innocent civilians from getting killed. If your neighbor is an insurgent and you know it, better get out of the neighborhood or suffer possible damage when we take them out.

Do it often enough and pretty soon the people become very cooperative in pointing out where those insurgents live.

Along the way you let an Iraqi officer push the buttons on those bombs and let them walk first through the neigborhoods aftwerwards. pretty soon the people feel their country is in control of this war against those that would do them harm, and prevent them from enjoying real freedom.

You're right Osotogary the artical pis sed me off....

Toby M
01-19-05, 09:43 AM
The problem as I see it is that insurgents stay in large groups of people (mostly family) so when he or his house gets blown away, there is bound to be collateral damage. Idealy and I realize this is never going to happen, but we should be allowed to go in and remove these obsticles (at whatever cost), not allow reporters to record the event and give our fighting men and women the tools they require for a quick and decisive end to this b.s.! We continue to hamstring our troops with politics. The enemy doesn't play by the rules so it is time we adapted!!!
I am retired so I definately don't have two cents...

Osotogary
01-19-05, 09:50 AM
Toby M-
I'm not retired and I still don't have two cents. LOL. (Actually, I shouldn't be laughin'.) LOL