PDA

View Full Version : Today is the Official Annoy a Liberal Day

Sparrowhawk
01-18-05, 09:50 AM
I Sparrowhawk, US Citizen hereby proclaim that from now on every Tuesday will be the offical Annoy a Liberal Day in America.

http://marines.bizland.com/AnnoyMug.jpg

The first story we found that annoys liberals was written By Ann Coulter.

Ann Coulter's blockbuster "Treason" contends liberals have been wrong on every foreign policy issue, from the fight against communism to today’s war on terrorism.

http://shop.wnd.com/store/images/items/B0789.jpg (http://shop.wnd.com/store/item.asp?ITEM_ID=1276)

<hr><hr>

Liberals love America like O.J. loved Nicole

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: January 5, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Even the United Nations sponge who called the United States "stingy" immediately retracted the insult, saying he had been misinterpreted and that the U.S. was "most generous." But the New York Times was sticking with "stingy." In an editorial subtly titled "Are We Stingy? Yes," the Times said the U.N. sponge "was right on target." This followed up a patriotic editorial a few days earlier titled "America, the Indifferent."

America's stinginess is a long-standing leitmotif for liberals – which is getting hard to square with their love for America. When it comes to heaping insults on America, U.S. liberals are the nation's leading donors.

In 2003, the Center for Global Development – funded by the Rockefeller Foundation, despite the fact that it could have used that money on future tsunami victims – concluded that the U.S. ranked 20th out of 21 nations in helping poorer nations. This came as a surprise, inasmuch as the U.S. gives the highest absolute amounts of foreign aid to the developing world.

But as the study explained, the center "assesses policy effort rather than impact." As any liberal can tell you, it's not results that count, it's intentions! In other words, the CGD discounted some countries' foreign aid because the CGD decided it was the sort of aid that wouldn't work – even if, in the end, it did work.

The CGD's evaluation of "effort" somehow managed to bump U.S. contributions from the No. 1 spot to second-to-last. Sending the military to liberate millions of people from ruthless dictators, for example, did not count as "aid," whereas sending in peacekeepers afterward did.

The U.S. did not merely write a check to help the oppressed people of Afghanistan and Iraq: The U.S. did most of the fighting and liberating as well as a significant share of the dying. Where's Michael Moore with that up-to-the-minute body count of U.S. soldiers when you need him?

But in the words of the CGD, military aid doesn't count because "one country's security enhancement is another's destabilizing intervention" – you know, the way U.S. soldiers "destabilized" France in 1944. (My guess is, Presbyterian missionaries in the jungle don't get as many points as U.N. seminars on condom use either.)

Consequently, in 2003, Norway got 7.1 points for "peacekeeping." Denmark got 7.4 points. France got 5.2. The country that dispatched the Taliban and Saddam Hussein ń- and, before that, ensured that the above countries would not be speaking German or Russian – got 1.5 points for "peacekeeping."

But at least we beat Japan! Except in other studies by liberals – who certainly do love their country – that claim Japan beats the U.S. in foreign aid donations.

To Read the Full Story Click here (http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=42259)

Namvet67
01-18-05, 10:16 AM
Everyday is ANNOY A LIBERAL DAY for me....but for you Cook...I'll put in overtime on Tuesdays.

LivinSoFree
01-18-05, 10:26 AM
Hmm... perhaps this is gonna draw some ire, but to be honest, I put Ann Coulter in the same group of nutjobs as Michael Moore and Rush Limbaugh... they're all extremist mouthpieces with not a whole lot of merit to them at all, and who feed off the fears of either the Left or the Right, with little regard for reality... Ann Coulter was here at UNC last year, I caught a little bit of her talk, and she came off as one of the most condescending individuals I've ever had the displeasure of listening to. She wasn't here to discuss anything, just to spout her tired line another time and sell some books. Just my $0.02.

yellowwing
01-18-05, 10:59 AM
Ditto, young Marine!

It's been Annoy a Liberal Day, for over a year now!

Ann Coulter is developing a new piece to rename higher education's Liberal Arts Degrees.

LivinSoFree
01-18-05, 11:02 AM
Dare I even ask what she wants them renamed to?

garryh123
01-18-05, 11:54 AM
Good job sparrowhawk! LMAO

Sparrowhawk
01-18-05, 02:41 PM
Haven never liked John Zogby, especially since I had a run-in with his borther a few years back. I don't trust him and his polls.

Twenty Most Annoying Liberals In The United States (http://www.rightwingnews.com/special/worst3.php)

Namvet67
01-18-05, 04:24 PM
What is it that makes a person a Liberal? Why are they so far apart in their thinking (from a conservative)? Is it inherited or taught?

CAR
01-18-05, 05:36 PM
I think its inherited.... If it were taught, That would imply the ability to learn, Most of these crazed liberals seem to think very little.

Osotogary
01-18-05, 06:22 PM
The food is being served and it is mighty tasty (it's SOS with pound cake and peaches and Lucky Lager to swig it all down) and you are hungry as all get out. Do you want a liberal helping or a conservative one?
I think that most behavior is taught. I think that not all that is taught is learned.

MillRatUSMC
01-18-05, 10:16 PM
When is a "Liberal" a "Conservative"?
When is a "Conservative" a "Liberal"?
When they meet at the "Center"!
I found a list of twenty annoying Conservatives, but posting it would do no good, because many are set in their thinking.
I wonder if the founding fathers used similar terms?
Which would be conservative and which would be liberal?
How do we define a "patroit"?
What standard do we gauge them by?
Thomas Paine said;
"These are the times, that try men's souls."
Patrick Henry said;
Give me Liberty, or Give me Death!"
Of the men that sign the Declaration Of Independance, some were liberal and some were conservative, but the shared a common bond, the love of Liberty.
I would say, don't exclude those that you believe are liberal in their thinking, because its all said and done, we might need everyone on this war on terrorism.
Yes, these are the times that try men's soul.
A day to annoy Liberals will take a good deal of broad span of this server.
I think it could be put to better use.
That my 2 cent worth.

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
Ricardo

HardJedi
01-18-05, 10:25 PM
wait, doesn't that really make tuesdays annoy Ivalis and Yellowing day then aren't they about the only two real liberals left on the board? :)

dang. poor yellowing, now there is a specific DAY to pick on him :D

yellowwing
01-18-05, 11:23 PM
Well, hell! We all had to take turns on sh*t detail! :)

HardJedi
01-19-05, 07:59 AM
yeah, but it wasn't usually on the same day every week :D

Sparrowhawk
01-19-05, 08:59 AM
Just when I was a thinking of extending the Annoy a Liberal Day to two days, Tuesdays and Wenesday you went an dposted what you did.

Made me think...

Made me feel bad...

Had to think things over...

I think you right....

Humm, can we still have a half day to annoy Liberals?

That's it from now on, it's a half day...

everyday before noon its annoy a liberal time...

LOL

adolphbell
01-19-05, 09:48 AM
Hey there MillRatUSMC,

The use of liberal and conservative has changed about 180 degrees since the 1800s. Liberal derives from liberty and refers to individual freedom from government interference. So in the 1800s, liberals promoted limited government and maximinum liberty (i.e., freedom for individuals). Conservatives, a term that I do not believe was used much, would refer to those who supported strong central government.

Today the closest thing to an 1800s liberal would be a libertarian. Economist Milton Friedman always refers to himself as a 19th century liberal, since the modern terms liberal or conservative do not exactly match the ideas of the 19th century liberal. I think there is no doubt that the modern liberal believes in the power of government to do what is right, proper, and good, an idea that would have been silly, wrong, and dangerous to liberals of the 19th century. Conservatives today seem to believe in conserving what is good from the past including limited government. However, modern conservatives still believe in more government involvment in the lives of citizens than did the liberals of the 1800s. The difference, it seems to me, between modern liberals and conservatives is one of degree, not basic philosophy.

By the way, I also consider myself a 19th century liberal. Not a big fan of modern conservatives, and certainly not modern liberals.

Namvet67
01-19-05, 11:24 AM
MilratUSMC and Professor Adolphbell...a different way of looking at conservatives and liberals. "The difference, it seems to me, between modern liberals and conservatives is one of degree, not basic philosophy". May be Professor! So what is it that causes a person to pick one party or the other?

adolphbell
01-19-05, 01:56 PM
Well gbudd,

I don't know exactly why people pick one party over another, but I can guess. Most conservatives actually believe that the Republican party is conservative and actually wants to limit government and reduce the size of government. Even though there is not any evidence, other than retoric, that Repulicans actually want a smaller Federal Government. I would agree that until Bush took office in 2000, Republicans generally pushed for smaller changes in government programs, which I suppose makes them believers in limited government. Those who pick the Democrat party are much closer to getting a party that believes as they do, that government can solve all the social ills of society with some, as yet unknown, government program.

As for myself I have voted Libertarian for 20 years, except for last November ( I know, there are a bunch of flakey people in the Libertarian party). I voted for G. Bush entirely because of his efforts to combat (read Kill) terrorism. His domestic policies are simply a continuation of taking income from productive people and giving it to others. The size of the Federal Government (even excluding the war) has grown faster than it did under Clinton.

By the way I notice you referred to me as professor, which admittedly I am, instead of my name; do you have a problem with someone going to school longer than other folks?

Namvet67
01-19-05, 03:03 PM
Nope...I called you Professor out of respect....You join the Marines..go to Vietnam..make Sgt and go on about your life and succeed in game of life. An inspiration to us all. that success in the Marines is still formost on your mind and probably got you where you are today. Excellent post...thanks for speaking plain English for us common folks....Semper Fi

adolphbell
01-19-05, 03:13 PM
gbudd,
Thanks for the complement. I will say that the most importan accomplishment in my life (other than my family) is that I am a Marine. College degrees are mainly a result of going to school longer; almost any can do that if they want to. I have always thought that being a Marine says something about me.

Semper Fi

Namvet67
01-19-05, 03:14 PM
A M E N