PDA

View Full Version : Been army and thinking Marine

Namvet67
01-17-05, 11:56 AM
We have several members that are Marines and were army first. We even have one Marine member that will be going to the army. Don't understand that one but I would like to hear from those that were army first and Marine later. We have a new member that is in the army now and will be going to the Marine when his enlistment is up. I've asked him to post his story.

mpellie
01-17-05, 11:58 AM
Well, Im not a him, Im a she and I am an MP in Army, Ive been wanting to transfer to the Marines for a sometime, but I have to complete my time I promised to the Army, Im not a quitter, I see everything I do through.

Namvet67
01-17-05, 12:01 PM
Good for you mpellie..we have lots of female marines on this site. Welcome aboard and good luck with your choice to become one of the few.

TRLewis
01-17-05, 01:30 PM
I dont think I ever told my real reason for joining the army. I give alot of facts and figures, but the real reason I'm going is to watch my friends back. Nothing more nothing less. Just do my job and watch each others backs.

Namvet67
01-17-05, 01:53 PM
Well TrLewis....If I wanted anyone to watch my back it would be a Marine...

TRLewis
01-17-05, 02:01 PM
Heh, I might have been a REMF but when we went to the field I carried everything for my 240. My A gunner loved me, I always told him it would be my luck he would get shot and have my extra barrels and ammo.