PDA

View Full Version : Small community

JAG5150
01-12-05, 05:43 PM
The other night I was thinking about some of the ironic stories that I have pertaining to when I was a cop that had to do with the Marine Corps. For example:
I once responded to a theft call, when I arrived on the scene, the suspect was a young Marine, ther was not enough evidence to arrest him so I asked him for his unit and Platoon Sergeants name. I t happened to be my old unit and when he said that Gunnery Sgt. Lowe was his platoon sgt., I looked at the kid and said,"So Mike finally made Gunny huh". I thought that the kid was going to sh*t himself. And yes, Mike was called.
About a month after I picked up Sgt. (Sheriffs Dept.) early on a Friday night, we recieved a call of a restraining order violation. A deputy (Lou, retired Gunny) responded, the suspect wanted to fight. Lou calls for back-up, the suspect (young Marine) is pepper-sprayed and thumped a few times. He is transported to the station and sitting handcuffed outside of my office. One of my reserve deputies (Volunteer) comes in and all I hear is," Jesus H. Christ, what the **** are you doing here", the young Marine replies," Nothing First Sergeant", (My reserve Deputy was his first shirt). There is about 15 minutes of yelling and the kid saying,"Yes First Sregeant or No First Sergeant". After we site and release the kid, the First Sergeant says," You will be at my office hatch Monday morning before I'm there waiting for me". Never found out what happened to him but you know what they say, anticipation of death is worse that death itself, I almost felt sorry for the kid, almost.

Just wanted you to share some of your funny or ironic stories with me.:marine:

LivinSoFree
01-12-05, 05:51 PM
JAG, stories like that reinforce one of the MANY reasons why I keep my nose clean... friends wanna act stupid (stupid in a bad, illegal, gonna get busted sense of course... no one ever accused Marines of not doing some stupid sh*t for fun!), the answer inevitably becomes, "cause I don't want to be explaining to my First Sergeant why I spent the night in jail."

HardJedi
01-12-05, 05:55 PM
You want funny? Ok, try this.

Now, I was brand new on guam, still basically just checking in, had been there for about a week, and not even assigned to a platoon yet. I had gone down to the PX to get some stuff, and this check out girl starts talking to me about my t-shirt. ( it was an obscure rock band t-shirt) so we start talking and talking, and she asks me if I just got there, so I say yes, and she offers to show me around the island.

well, hell! of course I took her up on it. For the next week or so we did everything together, after I was released for the day and she got off work. Then I get assigned to my platoon, and am busy for a bit, so don't talk to the girl.

The next week, I am going to the PX with a guy from the platoon, and I point her out, and that we had been "hanging out" a bit the last week.

He say's" you were hanging out with HER?!?!?!?! THAT woman?!?!?!"

and I say" yep, don't be jealous."

And he proceeds to tell me that that is our Platoon Sgts WIFE!

MAN! did I FREAK!

( see, on guam, you pulled a week of duty at a time in which you were locked up in a limited area, no leaving, so apparently this gal would ALWAYS mess around when our platoon was on duty)

I made the guy with me swear to NEVER tell anyone. about six months later she finally got caught with someone else, and they got a divorce. ( darn Staff Sgt shouldn't have married such a young girl anyway! ) LOL